A striker in January

Bony is a good shout, has the right attributes - Cavani maybe but a lot of cash.

I just don't see real quality being available in Jan - Negredo leaving may seriously come back to haunt us this season with Aguero getting injured again.

Negredo got his first goal tonight

We've got 3 forwards. I'd be looking at a left sided player. A Navas who can play on the left. I don't have any suggestions though

Marvin said:

We've got 3 forwards. I'd be looking at a left sided player. A Navas who can play on the left. I don't have any suggestions though
were looking at paul george ntep a left sided french player rated very highly the club have been scouting him but theres lots of interst.

Don't think we'd be signing anyone. Unless it's on loan or we get Ihenacho's work permit sorted.

We only have 12 mil to spend as per our limits, and I can't see us getting the quality we need for that.

Can't see too many approaches for our players either, and even if there are any (Guidetti) I doubt we will get much money for them. We won't be offloading Sinclair/Nastasic much namely because one is not at the right level of quality for our club to recoup a sizeable fee and the other would only attract "loan with an option to sell clubs" from Italy.

Last season we survived for large periods without Aguero in the team. Yes we had Negredo for some parts but not for the second half of the season. Dzeko is back to fitness and Jovetic has been playing well behind the striker. Nasri has been playing well, as well in an advanced role, we'll have Silva back and Pozo acquitted himself well.

Worst comes to worse, we should just give one of the academy lads a stint, with the amount of chances we create we should be fine.

I'm not too worried, especially with the draw that we have this month.

birchwoodgingerste said:
Marvin said:

were looking at paul george ntep a left sided french player rated very highly the club have been scouting him but theres lots of interst.

Haven't seen a single source linking us, other than you continuously mentioning it.

Disclaimer. My comments are based entirely on Kun's injury being a bad one and this striker is only needed short term.

All the posters saying Higuain, Bony, Benteke are living in a dream world. Have they not seen our million page FFP thread ? In my weirdo football world City just isn't the same without a nutcase, maverick striker and this goes all the way back to when we signed Rodney when I was Ten. Think Bellamy,Tevez.

A good call from Tolmie for a cheeky,sneaky, cheap bid for the boy who won the man of the match award when we won the FA Cup; the first trophy City won in most of the posters now on here supporting lifetimes. Continuing down that road; what is Robinho doing now and Adebayor who I think really,really got a raw deal from Mr M is bang out of favour with Spurs.

Putting myself in my favourite Mod's shoes and going way,way left field on this issue although I must say Darren Bent my arse ! - when we bought Rocky Santa Cruz a good few posters on here were saying lets get the England centre forward Peter Crouch instead who was up for sale for half the price. I checked on Wiki. Crouch has scored 63 goals since we signed RSC.

A good call earlier from a poster who said Chicarito who isn't getting game time in Spain.

I reckon once Iheanacho gets his work permit that will be the 4th choice striker situation resolved.

I think if we are to spend any sort of money in January it will be on midfield, unless we bring Zuculini back.

Yaya will be off to AFCON and in my opinion Lampard will be off to New York at the end of February.

There is no way NYCFC will start their debut season without one of their flagship players, it would look poor on behalf of CityGroup and sends out the wrong message that NYCFC is only there to benefit Manchester City. We know it doesn't but some of the viewers and fans over there won't see it like that.

If possible/available I'd get a proven, well-experienced poacher on loan. We don't need a superstar - just someone who can convert some decent created by our midfield into goals.

ws01 said:
If possible/available I'd get a proven, well-experienced poacher on loan. We don't need a superstar - just someone who can convert some decent created by our midfield into goals.

I don't know why we don't look at the South American market.

Txiki supposedly has scouts down there and with the market usually very affordable for European clubs then surely there is a name or two we could chase for a good price.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.