A striker in January

sam-caddick said:
ws01 said:
If possible/available I'd get a proven, well-experienced poacher on loan. We don't need a superstar - just someone who can convert some decent created by our midfield into goals.

I don't know why we don't look at the South American market.

Txiki supposedly has scouts down there and with the market usually very affordable for European clubs then surely there is a name or two we could chase for a good price.

The problem is most of them are coming to the end of a long season. Like Teo Gutierrez (River Plate) and Alex Pato (Sao Paulo, formerly AC Milan and out of contract in 12 months) could be decent options but both the Argie and Brazilian leagues are about to end and having been following and watching these, they have pretty brutal schedules (especially River who have played every few days for months) and it'd be hard for them to jump to Europe without some sort of rest. It's not impossible but you might not be getting these players at their best, likewise MLS (Robbie Keane, Jermain Defoe, etc.)

LoveCity said:
sam-caddick said:
ws01 said:
If possible/available I'd get a proven, well-experienced poacher on loan. We don't need a superstar - just someone who can convert some decent created by our midfield into goals.

Txiki supposedly has scouts down there and with the market usually very affordable for European clubs then surely there is a name or two we could chase for a good price.

The problem is most of them are coming to the end of a long season. Like Teo Gutierrez (River Plate) and Alex Pato (Sao Paulo, formerly AC Milan and out of contract in 12 months) could be decent options but both the Argie and Brazilian leagues are about to end and having been following and watching these, they have pretty brutal schedules (especially River who have played every few days for months) and it'd be hard for them to jump to Europe without some sort of rest.
Not to mention that the main reason most of these established strikers are back playing in South America is due to serious work rate and profesionalism issues. Brazil is where you go when you decide you've had enough of working hard in Europe and fancy just pissing around doing whatever you want, getting pissed, sleeping round and partying. I wouldn't touch most of those players with a barge pole.

If we really want an experienced poacher, then I'd be looking at the ageing ones in Europe who might be available for a loan. The usual suspects, like Mario Gomez, Oscar Cardozo, Jonathon Sorano or maybe Rodrigo Palacio maybe able to do a job as backup players untill the end of the season, players you'd back to take up the right positions and stick the ball in the net if given a suitable opportunity.

BigOscar said:
LoveCity said:
sam-caddick said:

The problem is most of them are coming to the end of a long season. Like Teo Gutierrez (River Plate) and Alex Pato (Sao Paulo, formerly AC Milan and out of contract in 12 months) could be decent options but both the Argie and Brazilian leagues are about to end and having been following and watching these, they have pretty brutal schedules (especially River who have played every few days for months) and it'd be hard for them to jump to Europe without some sort of rest.
Not to mention that the main reason most of these established strikers are back playing in South America is due to serious work rate and profesionalism issues. Brazil is where you go when you decide you've had enough of working hard in Europe and fancy just pissing around doing whatever you want, getting pissed, sleeping round and partying. I wouldn't touch most of those players with a barge pole.

If we really want an experienced poacher, then I'd be looking at the ageing ones in Europe who might be available for a loan. The usual suspects, like Mario Gomez, Oscar Cardozo, Jonathon Sorano or maybe Rodrigo Palacio maybe able to do a job as backup players untill the end of the season, players you'd back to take up the right positions and stick the ball in the net if given a suitable opportunity.
that Rocky Santa Cruz is after a move

Defoe looks nailed on to QPR in January. Apparently a price and wages had been agreed, before the last transfer deadline, then his MLS team suddenly backed out saying they couldn't let him go. 'Arry is keen to have him at Loftus Road. He wound down his car window and said "I know he plays for another team but I'd have him here in a heartbeat."

Keane still has an eye for goal and is fit enough to do what we'd be asking of him. Would probably earn himself a move to New York or Melbourne by agreeing as well.

Why are we even talking about the likes of Defoe and Keane? We're Manchester City, we should be aiming higher than that. I think Bony would be the right buy in January especially since he wouldn't be too expensive and he can play in the champs league. In the long term i really think dzeko needs to go, and Cavani would be an excellent replacement.

LoveCity said:
The problem is most of them are coming to the end of a long season. Like Teo Gutierrez (River Plate) and Alex Pato (Sao Paulo, formerly AC Milan and out of contract in 12 months) could be decent options but both the Argie and Brazilian leagues are about to end and having been following and watching these, they have pretty brutal schedules (especially River who have played every few days for months) and it'd be hard for them to jump to Europe without some sort of rest. It's not impossible but you might not be getting these players at their best, likewise MLS (Robbie Keane, Jermain Defoe, etc.)

Na, I have seen a lot River Plate and argentinian football, and Theo Gutiérrez (29 years old) is a ruffian, a very unloyal player.

And Alexandor Pato (25) war already in a top club (AC Milan) and have shown nothing special.

I would suggest LUCAS BARRIOS (30), who can City get loaned from Montpellier. He proved by Dortmund, he can score some decent amount of goals. He was only having a bad time in the chinese and russian Liga. He need to get some trust and renew his career, and thats a thing Pellegrini have done very well in the past, with the likes of Forlán, Riquelme, and many others.

Another possibility could be Dorlan Pabón (26)... if your asking someone, that have some idea from southamerican footbal.

But, it is too early now to know, because most all the clubs there are finishing their local competitions and going to have a break ("holiday", then its almost summer there), and they will return the first days of january, to look first, what players will be move on loan or to be sold.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.