A striker in January

Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
AshLunn92 said:
I think Bony would be the right buy in January...

LOL! You couldn't be more wrong. He's off to African Nations.

The premium Swansea would put on him in January would be immense as well, I reckon they would demand at least 35m.

sam-caddick said:
Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
AshLunn92 said:
I think Bony would be the right buy in January...

LOL! You couldn't be more wrong. He's off to African Nations.

The premium Swansea would put on him in January would be immense as well, I reckon they would demand at least 35m.

Forget the fact that he may miss 3 weeks due to the African nations cup, this guy is exactly the sort of player we need up front and which we have not currently got, strong quick works hard scores goals and only 25 he would be a great partner for a fit again Sergio

Anybody know how much Cardozo would set us back?

Or maybe if Di Natale from udinese would be attainable? He's getting on a bit now but he's still putting goals away and has a decent turn of pace, could move on to nycfc or Melbourne afterwards as well...

keemcfc said:

Or maybe if Di Natale from udinese would be attainable? He's getting on a bit now but he's still putting goals away and has a decent turn of pace, could move on to nycfc or Melbourne afterwards as well...

Di Natale is out of the question. There is no way he would ever leave Udinese especially when he had done a U turn in retiring at the end of last season. Cardozo has only moved to Turkey this summer and he is Trabzonspor's key striker so they would be very reluctant to sell and would ask for a ridiculous fee for a 31 year old imho. If we were going down that route, Raul might of been a decent option but he has now joined New York Cosmos.

ManCityMVP said:
No need to spend. Iheanacho is all we need, hopefully the special talent goes through soon

Indeed and Pozo might play a part as well.

no need to buy. we have Dzeko & Jojo, plus Iheanacho & Pozo. Aguero will fit again.

capiloton said:
no need to buy. we have Dzeko & Jojo, plus Iheanacho & Pozo. Aguero will fit again.

Agreed. Anyone we purchase will serve as a gap filler. We need to focus our resources on the summer. That's when we need to take the next step with the squad.

Ray78 said:
keemcfc said:

Di Natale is out of the question. There is no way he would ever leave Udinese especially when he had done a U turn in retiring at the end of last season. Cardozo has only moved to Turkey this summer and he is Trabzonspor's key striker so they would be very reluctant to sell and would ask for a ridiculous fee for a 31 year old imho. If we were going down that route, Raul might of been a decent option but he has now joined New York Cosmos.
It wouldn't be the first time a player went to Turkey and left very shortly afterwards, but they'd probably want the £5m they paid for him at least. I was under the impression that Raul had all but retired, I think it's probably a couple of years too late even as an emergency striker. On a similar note to Cardozo, I wonder if Demba Ba would be gettable until the end of the year? He's pretty reliable and their is some rumours of him being available in January. Can't imagine he'd cost too much

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.