A striker in January

Have we ruled out Diafra Sakho? He's talented and affordable and would probably like to play for us.

Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
Have we ruled out Diafra Sakho? He's talented and affordable and would probably like to play for us.

Next one season wonder playing in a team who's playing way above level.

LoveCity said:
sam-caddick said:
ws01 said:
If possible/available I'd get a proven, well-experienced poacher on loan. We don't need a superstar - just someone who can convert some decent created by our midfield into goals.

I don't know why we don't look at the South American market.

Txiki supposedly has scouts down there and with the market usually very affordable for European clubs then surely there is a name or two we could chase for a good price.

The problem is most of them are coming to the end of a long season. Like Teo Gutierrez (River Plate) and Alex Pato (Sao Paulo, formerly AC Milan and out of contract in 12 months) could be decent options but both the Argie and Brazilian leagues are about to end and having been following and watching these, they have pretty brutal schedules (especially River who have played every few days for months) and it'd be hard for them to jump to Europe without some sort of rest. It's not impossible but you might not be getting these players at their best, likewise MLS (Robbie Keane, Jermain Defoe, etc.)
Love City your right Argentinian league and Brazilian leagues are brutal .
No rest for these players, in those leagues .
I wouldn't want another Brazilian striker again .
If I was to for a striker in January I would go for Gignac Marseille .

I would go for Carlos Vela. Decent striker doing well at Real Sociedad now. He would even be considered homegrown. The problem is that one Moyels is there now and probably won't want to let him go and two Arsenal might have something to say about it as well.

Larry Stranger said:
I would go for Carlos Vela. Decent striker doing well at Real Sociedad now. He would even be considered homegrown. The problem is that one Moyels is there now and probably won't want to let him go and two Arsenal might have something to say about it as well.
Yep, he´s doin well there in San Sebastián (Real Sociedad) for a while, but... They are a small club there, not to forget that.

And I have heard in Marca from their fans, that they say Vela is a very talented player... when he want and is motivated, also. Cause sometimes he is a bit lazy too, not exactky the fight player type. in other words: it depends on his manager, how to get the best o f him. So, for me, hes not reliable as an ideal striker candidate.

--------------------------------------------------

What about LUIZ ADRIANO, the Shakhtar Donetsk???

He looks scary in this current CL. A monster striker as well, I think... and he knows how to match with Fernandinho playing style as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luiz_Adriano

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.