A striker in January

john blue said:
Torres. will get goals with us, and unlike someone I could mention, he is a GRAFTER. but would Chelsea ok it. ?

Lampard not working out well for Chelsea, great for City.

I would not want Torres, his recent record is very poor.

john blue said:
Torres. will get goals with us, and unlike someone I could mention, he is a GRAFTER. but would Chelsea ok it. ?
[bigimg]https://31.media.tumblr.com/404d31fb3c8032d8296bb3ce439ac087/tumblr_inline_msvq4fIuRI1qz4rgp.gif[/bigimg]

When Aguero returns, he will obviously be our first choice man up top so I think it might be difficult to entice a quality striker on a second best basis. And even then, he wouldn't be coming cheap, this being the drag on us left by FFP. I personally think we should be seeking something different anyway which would address some of our concerns raised over the course of the season. Don't ask me for a name. I'm sure there are plenty of names that others on the transfer forums could come up with, but my idea of a signing would be someone like Dennis Tueart was, a gritty, gutsy player with skill, pace and a high work rate and who was comfortable in a central or wide role, and on that basis could be in the same starting lineup as Kun. In more recent years we had Bellamy who could fit this role, but he was too injury prone and was at the back end of his career, and his attitude wasn't always right, but that still doesn't take away the value of his role. Names anyone, and someone who isn't going to have Platini going through our accounts again?

We will only get a loan if we do indeed go for a striker, City won't get desperate and put an average player on the wage bill who we won't need come the season is over.

With FFP, we are skint until the summer.

I'm no cynic said:
When Aguero returns, he will obviously be our first choice man up top so I think it might be difficult to entice a quality striker on a second best basis. And even then, he wouldn't be coming cheap, this being the drag on us left by FFP. I personally think we should be seeking something different anyway which would address some of our concerns raised over the course of the season. Don't ask me for a name. I'm sure there are plenty of names that others on the transfer forums could come up with, but my idea of a signing would be someone like Dennis Tueart was, a gritty, gutsy player with skill, pace and a high work rate and who was comfortable in a central or wide role, and on that basis could be in the same starting lineup as Kun. In more recent years we had Bellamy who could fit this role, but he was too injury prone and was at the back end of his career, and his attitude wasn't always right, but that still doesn't take away the value of his role. Names anyone, and someone who isn't going to have Platini going through our accounts again?

Tevez.

If only! More realistically, David Villa on loan perhaps?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.