A striker in January

Ray78 said:
Benteke will not suit us at all and Villa would be very reluctant to sell mid season . Papiss Cissé might be an a decent option but he seems more settled at Newcastle and he might not be happy with a squad role.

Have a strong feeling that our replacement for Negredo as MP refers to it now will go straight into the side for a full four weeks until we get Kun and Co back hopefully for good for the remainder of the year but I worry about all three now to stay fit a decent run of games.

BigOscar said:
Gabriel said:
Still think Robbie Keane or even Jermaine Defoe could tide us over.
Tide us over untill when? All 3 of our strikers are supposed to be fit by mid-January, with 2 of them supposed to be back by the start of January. All this flapping about needing an emergency striker in January seems a bit off, seeming as it's the 3 weeks before January that we need one and we won't need one once we've got to January (unless we expect all our strikers to never recover from their injuries). Signing shit players in January isn't exactly an answer to us having all our strikers injured untill January, unless I'm missing something?

On a short-term basis of perhaps two months. The sad reality is that we have three strikers injured and their fitness problems seem to have been exacerbated by their returning prematurely. Should we not sign someone in the window, then there is every chance that something similar could reoccur when all three return in January. Rather than splurge money on expensive signings, I merely pointed out two names that could tide us over.

mancity1 said:
Ray78 said:
Benteke will not suit us at all and Villa would be very reluctant to sell mid season . Papiss Cissé might be an a decent option but he seems more settled at Newcastle and he might not be happy with a squad role.

Have a strong feeling that our replacement for Negredo as MP refers to it now will go straight into the side for a full four weeks until we get Kun and Co back hopefully for good for the remainder of the year but I worry about all three now to stay fit a decent run of games.

It looks like it is David Villa, which for the short term might be a decent option. However I agree we could do with a striker who covers the rest of the season.

Ray78 said:
mancity1 said:
Ray78 said:

David Villa it is. which for the short term might be a decent option. However I agree we could do with a striker who covers the rest of the season.

We might decide to do both in fact I think we will.

Its the year of the 30 plus player.

Lampard has been a god send and I hope we keep him for the remainder of the season , I think we will have to now and he will be happy to do so even though his missus in looking forward to living in America.

City won't get desperate and go and buy someone average who we can get off out wage bill come summer time.

Names like Papis Cisse, really?? He couldn't get in the Newcastle side a couple of weeks ago and is only talk of the terrace now because he is in decent form, he is far too in consistent for us and I would argue he any even the best striker at Newcastle, Perez is.

Bony and Benteke are decent options, in particular Bony but Swansea would demand £30m plus in the January window in my opinion.

Don't forget we are pretty much skint until the summer because of FFP, do if anything it's very likely who ever, if we do decide to go for a striker, that it will be a loan deal most probably.

It's up to the kids now to take their chance, the doorway is open do let's see who can step up.

No good strikers to be bought in january, we should save our money and buy the most suitable player early summer.

Ray78 said:
If Huntelaar hasn't signed a new deal then that's not a bad option.
Cup tied is irrelevant actually good as we have no space in our champs league squad anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.