A striker in January

George Hannah said:
mancity1 said:
George Hannah said:
Benteke would be my pick, will be acknowledged one of the best front men around soon

We need someone on loan for the remainder of the year and then decide if Dzeko and Jovetic have a future at the club at years end.

So Benteke won't be available under those conditions.
No reason why we can't buy him, we can stay within FFP and there's a foreign trained place available in the PL squad and Demichelis could make way in the CL squad if necessary

Agree on benteke we can and should go for him - great player and something different

But with respect thinking of dropping De Michelis from out champions league squad is absolutely crazy talk and vandalism of our team. There are a dozen players pellegrini would drop from the champs league squad and after zabba all things considered I would drop any other defender ahead of him. His quality, experience , temperament are absolutely vital if we want to go any further and he has been our best, most available and in form centre back for nearly all the last 12 months

Our next 5 fixtures…

Palace (H)
West Brom (A)
Burnley (H)
Sunderland (H)
Shef Wed (H)

I couldn't think of a better time to be striker-less!!!

sam-caddick said:
City won't get desperate and go and buy someone average who we can get off out wage bill come summer time.

Names like Papis Cisse, really?? He couldn't get in the Newcastle side a couple of weeks ago and is only talk of the terrace now because he is in decent form, he is far too in consistent for us and I would argue he any even the best striker at Newcastle, Perez is.

Bony and Benteke are decent options, in particular Bony but Swansea would demand £30m plus in the January window in my opinion.

Don't forget we are pretty much skint until the summer because of FFP, do if anything it's very likely who ever, if we do decide to go for a striker, that it will be a loan deal most probably.

It's up to the kids now to take their chance, the doorway is open do let's see who can step up.
If we need the money it would be easy enough to discount a mill on negrdo to get the cash early

St Ives blue said:
Our next 5 fixtures…

Palace (H)
West Brom (A)
Burnley (H)
Sunderland (H)
Shef Wed (H)

I couldn't think of a better time to be striker-less!!!

This is why I don't see City worrying about the need for a striker, we should be beating those teams with the squad we currently have available!

By the time those games are finished we should have Edin, Jovetic and a nearly fit Sergio back.

What we have at the moment is just a freak occurrence because not many teams have three strikers out all at once, it's just one of those things.

If we need a striker we will look at the loan market for someone who can fill the void for a little while and pop up when necessary, we are skint in January anyway so any decent striker isn't going to be attainable.

I think we will possibly aim to have ichanebo and guidetti as well as a signed/loaned striker - will be interested to see what a few games does for Pozo too.

Torres. will get goals with us, and unlike someone I could mention, he is a GRAFTER. but would Chelsea ok it. ?

john blue said:
Torres. will get goals with us, and unlike someone I could mention, he is a GRAFTER. but would Chelsea ok it. ?
hasnt got goals for chelsea, hasnt got goals for milan, what makes you think he can score for us?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.