A striker in January

Would be a big gamble and im not sure if he is an out and out striker but how about a punt on Ravel Morrison?

abu13 said:
Would be a big gamble and im not sure if he is an out and out striker but how about a punt on Ravel Morrison?

Some of the names being brought up make me wonder whether we're trying to win the league.A case in point here.

Kompany is King said:
Anyone worth looking at who played for a team who got knocked out of the Champions League?

Doumbia has looked decent every time he's visited the etihad.

What about Saido Berahino (? Sp) he is a young home grown if we see any chance of improving him I think we should have pop as being English won't lose too much value anyway. Also when is Iheanacho going to sign professionally /be available that might preclude having to buy a striker in Jan at all

Any chance on getting a loan move for Lacazette with an option to buy in the summer?

I'm no cynic said:
When Aguero returns, he will obviously be our first choice man up top so I think it might be difficult to entice a quality striker on a second best basis. And even then, he wouldn't be coming cheap, this being the drag on us left by FFP. I personally think we should be seeking something different anyway which would address some of our concerns raised over the course of the season. Don't ask me for a name. I'm sure there are plenty of names that others on the transfer forums could come up with, but my idea of a signing would be someone like Dennis Tueart was, a gritty, gutsy player with skill, pace and a high work rate and who was comfortable in a central or wide role, and on that basis could be in the same starting lineup as Kun. In more recent years we had Bellamy who could fit this role, but he was too injury prone and was at the back end of his career, and his attitude wasn't always right, but that still doesn't take away the value of his role. Names anyone, and someone who isn't going to have Platini going through our accounts again?

Spot on about Aguero. Even if we could spend silly money, how many top players are going to come knowing they'll be 2nd choice at best? I'd go for Jermaine Defoe - inexpensive, home grown, proven at this level, not cup tied, and you'd think he would want to come.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.