A striker in January

I'm wondering if it would be worth taking a punt on Osvaldo on loan. He's currently on loan at Inter from Southampton. We are linked on selling Nastasic to Inter so maybe we can convince Mancini to take Osvaldo for 6 months. I'm sure Southampton don't want him back because of his bust up with Fonte. I know he can be mad at times, but maybe our fellow Argentines could help settle him.

Do not think we should\will sign a striker in January.

Even if we signed someone early in Jan, they would be able to play in the Everton game on Jan 10th at the earliest.

By then Jovetic and maybe Dzeko should be fit again.

The best option, if we did go for striker, I think is Bony, but he would then not play for use until after the ACON (mid Feb), by which time Aguero will\should also be fit, and Swansea would want silly money most likely, especially in mid season if they felt they themselves did not have enough time to sign a replacement.

Thus for the next 3 games we simply need to either use Pozo or another striker from the EDS or simply have a midfield 6 in effect of say:

Fernando Fernandinho

Milner or Navas Toure or Lampard Silva Nasri

With Toure\Lampard and Silva given license to push forward

Brennan has his two bobs worth

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brennan-man-citys-options-january-8304989" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ry-8304989</a>?

we have a rather fruitful and excellent policy of not buying for the sake of it in January.

Like Mangala and Fernando, I can only see us trying to do a deal if there's the option to secure a summer signing early.

Perhaps, although this will be an incredibly unlikely deal, it would be along the lines of someone like Reus, tied up early but remaining at their club, but allowing us to put the fee in the books for this season's accounts, freeing up further room in next season's, i.e. the summer transfer kitty.

I don't understand why we can't play Sinclair up top over the next couple of weeks while Aguero is injured, he has pace in behind and can score goals, has to be a better option than the young strikers from the eds at the min.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.