A striker in January

Ray78 said:
Universidad de Chile said:
Ray78 said:
A player who our current manager knows well but maybe out of our price range in January and can't use him in the Champions League[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiDhARfUnBc[/video]

Just, c´mon man!!!

Did you forget that Rondon was ALREADY playing for Pellegrini in Málaga in their first season???

And he was NOT ALWAYS USED AS THE FIRST STRIKER OPTION (it was Julio Baptista) as he was oft injured too.

So, it doen´t make sense what you say.

Source (Spanish): http://www.foromalaguistas.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6238&hilit=Rondón&start=640 (Málaga fans forum)

What part you don't understand?? He was a player who Manuel Pellegrini has worked with, therefore could be an option an alternative to City's current strikers and will not be first choice. Zenit may ask for too much for a rotation player, and he has played in the Champions League.
Mmm... I´m only repeating what the Malaga fans always said in their forum, dude.

And they said, "he´s not bad at all, BUT scores 1 goal of 5 chances"... So, we all know a lot of players, we could get that are similars, Ballotelli, Zárate, and many others, and would be cheaper to have than Rondón. Rondón will cost at least 20 M, I think. Only Rubin Kazan sold him to Zenit for £15.8 million.

PS: Maybe as an idea, its not bad at all, but also... Not to forget (very important point for me): RONDÓN WAS ALREADY SIGNED and playing for Malaga, BEFORE Pellegrini came. And at the first chance, Malaga sold him soon as possible they could. So, I´m not sure he really fullfill Pelles wishes as a Striker. And, as long as I was following Malaga years ago (2010-13), he was a bit injury prone, too. Then, IMO, I will say NO. But its only me, mate. Cheers!

I think that if we do indeed go for a striker in Jan, it will be to bridge the gap whilst our own become fit again. On that basis, wouldn't it be better to look in the PL as if we go abroard, by the time the guy had settled in and bedding down in the PL, he would be 3rd or 4th choice. We need someone to land running. Who that is, goodnesss knows.

Instead of signing a striker who will become pretty useless once Dzeko and Kun are fit, we could do with someone like David Pizarro in 2012.

Ray78 said:
Just, c´mon man!!!

Did you forget that Rondon was ALREADY playing for Pellegrini in Málaga in their first season???

And he was NOT ALWAYS USED AS THE FIRST STRIKER OPTION (it was Julio Baptista) as he was oft injured too.

So, it doen´t make sense what you say.

Source (Spanish): http://www.foromalaguistas.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6238&hilit=Rondón&start=640 (Málaga fans forum)

What part you don't understand?? He was a player who Manuel Pellegrini has worked with, therefore could be an option an alternative to City's current strikers and will not be first choice. Zenit may ask for too much for a rotation player, and he has played in the Champions League.
Mmm... I´m only repeating what the Malaga fans always said in their forum, dude.

And they said, "he´s not bad at all, BUT scores 1 goal of 5 chances"... So, we all know a lot of players, we could get that are similars, Ballotelli, Zárate, and many others, and would be cheaper to have than Rondón. Rondón will cost at least 20 M, I think. Only Rubin Kazan sold him to Zenit for £15.8 million.

PS: Maybe as an idea, its not bad at all, but also... Not to forget (very important point for me): RONDÓN WAS ALREADY SIGNED and playing for Malaga, BEFORE Pellegrini came. And at the first chance, Malaga sold him soon as possible they could. So, I´m not sure he really fullfill Pelles wishes as a Striker. And, as long as I was following Malaga years ago (2010-13), he was a bit injury prone, too. Then, IMO, I will say NO. But its only me, mate. Cheers!

A couple of days if you want to be picky. Rondon was signed from Las Palmas On 19 July 2010 and Manuel Pellegrini was appointed manager 22 July 2010. In his first season he was mostly used as a rotation player and injuries you had mentioned may of played a part. By the next season he replaced Ruud van Niserooy and ended up Malaga's top scorer.

hutton who blue said:
I know I'm going to be lambasted for this and praise knows I've been wrong before but ........ Balotelli?
Cut price from a flailing Liverpool in January?

I see you haven't been lambasted yet. Let me be the first, in a polite way :)

Balo is a busted flush who has nowehere left to go at the top level.

He will be cut price, but that will be for a reason don't you think?

Sorry it's a big no from me.

Ray78 said:
Ray78 said:

A couple of days if you want to be picky. Rondon was signed from Las Palmas On 19 July 2010 and Manuel Pellegrini was appointed manager 22 July 2010. In his first season he was mostly used as a rotation player and injuries you had mentioned may of played a part. By the next season he replaced Ruud van Niserooy and ended up Malaga's top scorer.
Ok. Well, you win this time... hehe... No, I just didn´t knew some fans here like you were so aware of Malaga.

But, like I said, its not a bad idea, Rondón its not a bad player at all.

Its only a case of taste, then I have a different opinion (and look, I´m from Southamerica :-) ) , and still think, they are better options. But its only me. Have a nice weekend mate!!! C´mon CITY!!!

Ray78 said:

Ok. Well, you win this time... hehe... No, I just didn´t knew some fans here like you were so aware of Malaga.

But, like I said, its not a bad idea, Rondón its not a bad player at all.

Its only a case of taste, then I have a different opinion (and look, I´m from Southamerica :-) ) , and still think, they are better options. But its only me. Have a nice weekend mate!!! C´mon CITY!!!

No worries mate and it's good that posters from other countries that take part in discussions on this forum:) I can be a sad ***t when it comes to Football and It was just a random name that I thought Manuel Pellergrini may of suggested to our DoF as a possible target. I could of mentioned Roque Santa Cruz but that is just completely ludicrous.

de niro said:
hutton who blue said:
I know I'm going to be lambasted for this and praise knows I've been wrong before but ........ Balotelli?

i'd take him but a big risk, he's such a loon.
Undoubted quality he is a risk, we've experienced him before playing for us and he enjoyed his times with us but with these nonsense FFP restrictions could re signing Balotelli prove fruitful for Man City? I think it could.

hutton who blue said:
de niro said:
hutton who blue said:

i'd take him but a big risk, he's such a loon.
Undoubted quality he is a risk, we've experienced him before playing for us and he enjoyed his times with us but with these nonsense FFP restrictions could re signing Balotelli prove fruitful for Man City? I think it could.
It might rejuvenate the likable, talented nutter into an orchestrated footballer with purpose for a team that beholds and venerates him. I'd love him back playing for Man City.

mosssideblue said:
hutton who blue said:

I see you haven't been lambasted yet. Let me be the first, in a polite way :)

Balo is a busted flush who has nowehere left to go at the top level.

He will be cut price, but that will be for a reason don't you think?

Sorry it's a big no from me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.