A striker in January

Valencia are reportedly signing Enzo Perez from Benfica for close to £20m in January. They're also committed to buying Negredo for nearly £25m next summer and also heavily linked with Benfica's Nico Gaitan (another £20m+). With FFP in mind, I wonder if they would cash in on Paco Alcacer (or use him to abolish the Negredo fee). If not in January (with them chasing CL qualification) but next summer when they will want to spend again. He is very much like David Villa used to be and could be the next great Spanish striker.

kevodevo said:
Any striker we try to get has to be eligible for the champs league, can handle life in the Prem with strength and pace and not cost too much to make sure we comply with FFP so that narrows it down to a very few and both Benteke and Austin could do a job.
Is our CL squad not full though? Who would you leave out?

ColinLee said:
kevodevo said:
Any striker we try to get has to be eligible for the champs league, can handle life in the Prem with strength and pace and not cost too much to make sure we comply with FFP so that narrows it down to a very few and both Benteke and Austin could do a job.
Little problems like this are often ignored on this forum!

Not read back but anybody itk on the loan deal for cavani as long as we pursue a straight swap deal for yaya in the summer?? Was a rumour doing the rounds around the ground on sat.......
Don't shoot the messenger!!!

ColinLee said:
kevodevo said:
Well, Lampard will be on their way back to NYC in January. So a homegrown player could be registered (i.e. Austin)

Plus, I don't think Benteke/Austin would mind missing out on 2 matches (which they probably wouldn't have started in anyway).

david whites spike said:
Not read back but anybody itk on the loan deal for cavani as long as we pursue a straight swap deal for yaya in the summer?? Was a rumour doing the rounds around the ground on sat.......

I am not itk but that does sound possible in the summer but it is probably down to how much PSG value Cavani and they might not be too keen on losing him mid season.

LoveCity said:
Valencia are reportedly signing Enzo Perez from Benfica for close to £20m in January. They're also committed to buying Negredo for nearly £25m next summer and also heavily linked with Benfica's Nico Gaitan (another £20m+). With FFP in mind, I wonder if they would cash in on Paco Alcacer (or use him to abolish the Negredo fee). If not in January (with them chasing CL qualification) but next summer when they will want to spend again. He is very much like David Villa used to be and could be the next great Spanish striker.
If they have anything about them, they'll sooner stop buying than sell their best players

Ray78 said:
david whites spike said:

I am not itk but that does sound possible but it is probably down to how much PSG value Cavani.
Exactly the same as they value yaya apparently.
We loan cavani til the end of the season and then we straight swap him for yaya.
No money exchanged although cavanis wages are scandalous.

Lacazette looks very interesting to me, he is goal scorer but he is also very good on the ball, so he could easily be involved in our quick passing in the box. Lacazette's stats in Ligue 1 are also very impressive, 16 goals and 4 assists in 19 games, only 23 years old as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.