A striker in January

david whites spike said:
Ray78 said:
david whites spike said:
Not read back but anybody itk on the loan deal for cavani as long as we pursue a straight swap deal for yaya in the summer?? Was a rumour doing the rounds around the ground on sat.......
Don't shoot the messenger!!!

I am not itk but that does sound possible but it is probably down to how much PSG value Cavani.
Exactly the same as they value yaya apparently.
We loan cavani til the end of the season and then we straight swap him for yaya.
No money exchanged although cavanis wages are scandalous.

PSG will want some cash going there way. They paid £50m for the player and will want to recoup as much as possible. Yes they probably do rate Yaya but not a £40m.

Ray78 said:
david whites spike said:
Ray78 said:
I am not itk but that does sound possible but it is probably down to how much PSG value Cavani.
We loan cavani til the end of the season and then we straight swap him for yaya.

PSG will want some cash going there way. They paid £50m for the player and will want to recoup as much as possible. Yes they probably do rate Yaya but not a £40m.
Cavani not pulling up trees at psg and trouble at mill regarding Ibrahimovic apparently.
They want him off wage bill and he wants off too.
No money involved which suits us because we are putting together a 40m package for pogba in the summer to replace yaya.
Again........don't shoot the messenger ;-)

david whites spike said:
Ray78 said:
david whites spike said:

Cavani not pulling up trees at psg and trouble at mill regarding Ibrahimovic apparently.
They want him off wage bill and he wants off too.
No money involved which suits us because we are putting together a 40m package for pogba in the summer to replace yaya.
Again........don't shoot the messenger ;-)

Just testing (honest). If we can get Cavani that price then why not :).

If there is a striker in France we should be looking at then it's Lacazette, he is only 23 and scored two more goals today in a 5-0 away win against Bordeaux taking his tally to 17 league goals in 19 league games, add the 4 assists an you have him contributing to 21 league goals this season.

Don't get me wrong Cavani is a top player but I think if you want to get the best out of him you have to make him the main man and build a team around him.

I am also not convinced he would work well in a possession based team, at Napoli he was lethal because the counter attacking tactic they deployed really got the best out of him as a player and maybe this is another reason why he is struggling at PSG?!...

allblues09 said:
What does everyone think of Benteke. I think he would add a lot, and is the right type of player to replace Negredo. And he is still young.
FFS guys, our best strikr is already injury prone. We've already made the mistake of buying another injury prone striker to back him up. Why would we go out and get a third injury prone striker? That would be some serious poor management. We should be trying to offload Jovetic. Not buy another sick note.

Oh yes you are right, Benteke is a fine striker :)

sam-caddick said:
If there is a striker in France we should be looking at then it's Lacazette, he is only 23 and scored two more goals today in a 5-0 away win against Bordeaux taking his tally to 17 league goals in 19 league games, add the 4 assists an you have him contributing to 21 league goals this season.

Don't get me wrong Cavani is a top player but I think if you want to get the best out of him you have to make him the main man and build a team around him.

I am also not convinced he would work well in a possession based team, at Napoli he was lethal because the counter attacking tactic they deployed really got the best out of him as a player and maybe this is another reason why he is struggling at PSG?!...
It is the main reason why he is struggling at PSG. I didn't want him back when he went to PSG. Preferred Falcao then, and prefer Lacazzete now. This is not to say either Falcao then or Lacazzete now are better players. Just a better fit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.