A striker in January

Sitka said:
I bet that In 3 years Morata will be world class.

Looking at the transfer fees paid for some young strikers this past window, 20 million for an average young striker just isn't that much money anymore.

I think Morata is definitely better than average. If you compare him to Welbeck, Morata takes more shots than Welbeck and is a better finisher than Welbeck. I think a fair price for Morata would be about 25 million.

I don't think Juve would sell him for 25 million but they might for 30. Worst case. Morata is a squad player that City could resell for about 20 million and best case he becomes a world class player similar to Lewandowski worth upwards of 60 million.

just keep those drugs away from the children. top of the fridge if you like

Sitka said:
I bet that In 3 years Morata will be world class.

Looking at the transfer fees paid for some young strikers this past window, 20 million for an average young striker just isn't that much money anymore.

I think Morata is definitely better than average. If you compare him to Welbeck, Morata takes more shots than Welbeck and is a better finisher than Welbeck. I think a fair price for Morata would be about 25 million.

I don't think Juve would sell him for 25 million but they might for 30. Worst case. Morata is a squad player that City could resell for about 20 million and best case he becomes a world class player similar to Lewandowski worth upwards of 60 million.

if your comparing him to welback, then welback cost 16 million only due to being a rag and being english. He'd cost no more than 8 million otherwise he is that average.

I'd much rather give a chance to Iheanacho

Of the players Juve have, I'd go for Pogba and then Vidal before Moratta.

I compared him to Welbeck because everyone here knows who Welbeck is. Immobile just sold for about 20 million euros as well. Enner Valencia cost 15 million euros and he was coming from Liga MX. Point being strikers are expensive these days, even if they are quite average.

Signing Morata wouldn't mean City are giving up on Iheanacho. Iheanacho is only 18 and while he looked solid in a few preseason games it could still take him a while to adapt to the pace and physicality of the Premier League.

This summer Aguero will be 27, Dzeko will be 29, Jovetic will be 25 and Iheanacho will be 18. Just looking at the age progression, City should sign someone in the 21-23 range to bridge the gap between Jovetic and Iheanacho.

Some other players in the 21-23 age range that have been mentioned on this board are Lacazette, Alcacer and Icardi.

Lacazette has 12G 4A in 17 games 1511 minutes
Alcacer has 4G 4A in 11 games 893 minutes
Icardi has 11G 1A in 16 games 1253 minutes
Morata has 4G 0A in 11 games 374 minutes

Morata has the least goals and assists of the 4 listed but he hasn't played anywhere near amount of minutes as the other three.

If these 4 players keep playing the way they are now, I don't see why any of the four of them would be worth less than 25-30 million euros.

Lacazette for me. Should be looking at him.

Nobody will sign Morata at that price because you can get better than him for that money e.g Lacazette.

Keep away from drugs. Not required standard morata.

MeatHunterrr said:
Lacazette for me. Should be looking at him.

Nobody will sign Morata at that price because you can get better than him for that money e.g Lacazette.

Keep away from drugs. Not required standard morata.

If Lacazette keeps playing the way he is, he may well cost more than Morata.

Also, I think it would be good to sign a striker with some height to replace Dzeko

Lacazette is a great player but Lyon are fighting for the title/Europe so I don't think they would sell their best player this season, but should def look into him next season.

Do a deal with PSG for Cavani involving Yaya and Nasri if necessary.

He'd be a perfect partner to Sergio and can also play up top on his if we need him to. Clearly not happy at PSG, Ibrahimovic doesn't pass to him and his lack of opportunities has shattered his confidence. Quality player, equally good running in behind or with his back to goal and a lethal finisher when on song.

Love Bites and Everything said:
Do a deal with PSG for Cavani involving Yaya and Nasri if necessary.

He'd be a perfect partner to Sergio and can also play up top on his if we need him to. Clearly not happy at PSG, Ibrahimovic doesn't pass to him and his lack of opportunities has shattered his confidence. Quality player, equally good running in behind or with his back to goal and a lethal finisher when on song.

no. just buy cavani.

or go for rvp.

Bony is the real deal and would be an excellent foil for Aguero.

That's twice now I have seen him hold off Kompany, no mean feat.

Showed great workrate from the front and although he would be off to AFCON, worth a punt for £20m.

He is a stronger version of Negredo and showed with his goal the technique is there.

He deserves a chance to showcase on a bigger stage.

It has to be someone who knows the premiership, after Christmas their will be no time for bedding in

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.