A very hurt and sore RAG

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
I can understand where the RAG is coming from. I haven't got over Denis Law coming back from Torino and joining the other place. The fact that he returned to us some eleven years later assuage the trauma a touch, and the back heel . . . . . . . .

Fact is, RAG fans wanted to keep Tevez, and lo and behold he chose us. His preference is quite clear, whatever the reasons, and some of those RAGS must be looking through the kitchen draw for a sharp knife to test the efficacy of an A&E unit at their local hospital. Bienvenido, Carlos Alberto Martinez.

RAG fans wanted to keep Tevez.

No -certainly not. Those that rated Alan Smith did. Those that think OT home games are "great days out" might.

Come on, Tevez is no better than above average. A misfiring Berbs was continually picked ahead of him all season.

They include the Champions League for Tevez and don't include the Uefa for Robinho.

The rags didn't want to keep Tevez? Ahh, I must have been mistaken, then. Oh well, we'll just have to make do with him, eh? Damn shame. Obviously we would have preferred to have SickNote and the Wigan cast-off, but there you go.

Don't know how we're going to break it to our owners that Tevez isn't as good as we, Chelsea, Liverpool, Real Madrid etc thought he was. I shouldn't think the Sheik will worry too much if he's wasted some of his petty cash on the player the rags didn't want: after all, what's £26 million to him? About the same as a 5p piece to Paul McCartney, I should think.

But when all's said and done, as long as the rags aren't too bitter about our new wealth and their crippling debt, no harm done, eh?

KentBlue said:
The rags didn't want to keep Tevez? Ahh, I must have been mistaken, then. Oh well, we'll just have to make do with him, eh? Damn shame. Obviously we would have preferred to have SickNote and the Wigan cast-off, but there you go.

Don't know how we're going to break it to our owners that Tevez isn't as good as we, Chelsea, Liverpool, Real Madrid etc thought he was. I shouldn't think the Sheik will worry too much if he's wasted some of his petty cash on the player the rags didn't want: after all, what's £26 million to him? About the same as a 5p piece to Paul McCartney, I should think.

But when all's said and done, as long as the rags aren't too bitter about our new wealth and their crippling debt, no harm done, eh?

Whatever -I give it a few games, and then you'll see. In fact, the more good players you buy, the more he will stand out as a spart part technically.

Sure, I am concerned/upset/worried about the "new City", but believe me when I say there were more than a few of us not bothered about Tevez.
I did actually expect us do a bit more in the transfer market however.......

KentBlue said:

Didnt know you could be so happy and smug about somebody taking over your football club!

marjon said:
KentBlue said:

Didnt know you could be so happy and smug about somebody taking over your football club!

Quite. Obviously the fact they couldn't afford us upset United fans over the Glazers, but it was more than that.
We simply didn't want to be a plaything, a puppy to amuse -as we knew that eventually we would end up at the bottom of the canal.

Why not? When you've gone as long as us without a trophy, and then someone like the Sheik suddenly comes along with more money than anyone anywhere else on planet earth and wants to spend loads of it on your club, who wouldn't be happy and smug?

KentBlue said:

Why not? When you've gone as long as us without a trophy, and then someone like the Sheik suddenly comes along with more money than anyone anywhere else on planet earth and wants to spend loads of it on your club, who wouldn't be happy and smug?

So if your mum hadn't had a shag for ages, and she told you some chap had offered her cash for a quick go, you would still respect her??!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.