About time city stopped making the home ends neutral

My season card is in 302 on the edge of 303 and I would say about 25% of people around us were non city fans (barca and tourists) and I don't know how they got the tickets. There was a few oohs when Messi was running with the ball and clapping when they scored but thankfully nothing to cause any thing to kick off. They were mainly too interested in taking pictures. One guy in particular was trying to take pictures of my uncle every time he was up shouting at the ref - but no harm done.

I think it has an affect on the atmosphere but shows how big time we are now.

Also I can't complain as the 3 of us are going to Barcelona without tickets and will probably spend a fortune to get in to the home end and if we score two, I doubt we will be so restrained!

Thomas Cook put on hotel+match ticket packages for anyone who fancies a City home game, and I imagine there are plenty of other companies in on the act.

Proper fans do not wear half and half scarves, don't give a shit if your young kid wants to wear one, tell him no as he or she will be laughed at, let's eradicate this disease now

failsworthblueboy said:
moomba said:
Had a few in Barca shirts near me. Not to fussed really, was a great atmosphere regardless.[/quote

A few Spaniards around me in 303 I had 2 sat next to me unfortunately one of them was struck in the back of the head by a City fan sat in row y.

When I told him there's no need for that kind of behavior I was threatened, he called them Dago C's and Spanish B's.

The club will be informed today, so lets see what they do with the Racist violent bullying thug.

Its a football match for Gods sake.

Good man

Had a few sat next to me in EL3 they were good as gold didnt even celebrate the goals. Much better than the moaning **** I usually sit next to.

My only gripe is why the fuck do they turn up 20 minutes into the game?

jma said:
For the big European games.

People openly wearing barca tops, waving barca flags, shouting for them

People clambering all over the place to get the best selfie

People unable to find a seat with their ticket number on resulting in musical chairs all the first half

People arriving to seats after 25 minutes

Half the stand full of people who wouldn't know a loyalty point if they fell over it but miraculously qualify for tickets to a huge game

Season ticket holders missing in their hundreds from their normal seats

People would love to be at that game but they aren't because their are policies in place to open the tickets up to neutrals/away fans for the biggest games. It was the same against Madrid and makes for a rubbish and horrible atmosphere.

Loads in CB3 Steward said when I arrived at last an Englishman The crowd for ECL games is always different with loads of tourists taking pictures

I presume all those who think that allowing barca fans to openly support the opposition in seats that could be taken by blues is some sort of great "hands across the water" gesture will be quite happy to see stoke fans next to them on Saturday and rags all around them (at the expense of blues) at the next derby. I can't understand that people seem to have polar opposite views on those two situations and how it is stewarded just because one is a champions league game.

Four Celtic fans near us gob shites, when asked how the fuck had they got tickets they wouldn't answer[/quote]

On my way home last night one of them (unless there were other Celtic fans at the game) phoned in Talk Sport and said that the atmosphere was terrible and that the City fans had let the team down when needed the most. They asked him how he got his tickets and he told the presenters to "behave" and hung up......

I thought the atmosphere was pretty good?!?!

Saw two Chinese lads getting charged £250 a ticket outside by the usual touts...

Kinda made me want to sell mine to one of them haha.

I have no problem with away fans in home end i have done it many times as long as they behave and respect you then its ok its good to have a bit of friendly banter and if they want to get agressive then kick the shit out of them simples.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.