According to SSN... Tevez wants to go!

Didsbury Dave said:
Gutted he's going, but you can't deny he's been a consumate professional. In fact he's probably the best player I've seen in 30 odd years watching City.

What he has done for the club should not be overlooked. The players clearly look up to him as the consumate professional. Did anyone hear Bellamy talking about him recently? HE said he was inspirational with his attitude and mentality.

I understand what you're saying DD and there's no doubt that the players will respect what he's done for us ON THE PITCH. But you can't tell me they wont be sick of all the posturing off it? The transfer requests, bitching about training, bitching about Mancini, bitching about Manchester, direct line to the owner? All whilst pocketing more cash than any of them, and the club take it up the arse to keep him happy.

High maintenance to the extreme.

This is the club captain fer chrissake..

BillyShears said:
We don't know what demands Carlos made...it could well be that City insisted on a 5 year contract because they knew there was a possibility he'd want to leave after two or three and they wanted to protect themselves for exactly this eventuality.

We do; Kia came out publically when Chelsea, Liverpool and ourselves were courting him and epxlained he would only sign a 5 year contract and why (i can't find the articles atm, but he was laso interviewed on SSN).

BillyShears said:
Blue2112 said:
Not read all this thread but in a perverse sort of way i'm quite enjoying all the fuss being made over 'Ickle Ole Ciddy'.

I'm quite sure the club knew this was coming and I'm quite confident that there will have been various discussions with various clubs over deals to be made. This is huge business and we're not in the same situation as years ago when we very amateurish with our transfer dealings. Manchester City is a far more polished and professional vehicle these days.

On the pitch Tevez was simply world class but off it he had no interest in being here. The club will move on to bigger and better things and Carlos leaving certainly won't stop the progress we've been making. Hopefully now rather than having one out and out goalscorer to rely on we will now invest in a number of players that can all chip in and make it more of an all round team effort. A lack of goals from midfield most certainly needs addressing.

Josh! How are you? Long time no speak...I'm back in Manchester tomorrow so I'll get in touch.

Very good post BTW...

I'm good thanks, flit in and out occasionally these days and my posts are always good haha ;-)

On the pitch he was great.

Off it he was a tool.

As soon as I left COMS after the 3-0 Stoke game at the end of the season I knew he was gone.

The problem is finding a buyer, i'll be seriously annoyed if we sell him on the cheap for 30/35 million. We should stick to our guns on 50mil and if no one wants to pay or no one can offer us a good swap then he should be forced to stay.

Hopefully he does go as i'm looking forward to seeing more of Balotelli and Dzeko next year.

BillyShears said:
GStar said:
BillyShears said:
We'll have to agree to disagree mate...for me he's just a top footballer who's put in a transfer request. Rarely do players honour their contracts - and as I said earlier this whole type of soap opera comes with top foreign players. Look at what Arsenal have been through with Fabregas, or the rags went through with Ronaldo. You can say neither player put in a transfer request - but it doesn't change the fact that both players made it clear they wanted to leave even though they had long term contracts...

Thats not the part i take issue with though, Ronaldo said he wanted to leave for Madrid, then gave Utd an extra season and left for £80mil. Fabregas was taken from Barca as a kid, has been in that side 6 years without being able to win a trophy and now they seem to be in decline.

Neither made demands before they joined and both have given plenty back to the club before moving.

We don't know what demands Carlos made...it could well be that City insisted on a 5 year contract because they knew there was a possibility he'd want to leave after two or three and they wanted to protect themselves for exactly this eventuality.

Even if we did insist on a five year deal, no one held a gun to his head to make him sign it, furthermore I can recall no player getting more slack cut than Carlos Tevez in respect of his "personal problems". We deserved better than a publically released statement, days after the boss heavily intimated he would indeed be staying. Shoddy from Tevez, very shoddy indeed, no point trying to say otherwise.

GStar said:
BillyShears said:

We do; Kia came out publically when Chelsea, Liverpool and ourselves were courting him and epxlained he would only sign a 5 year contract and why (i can't find the articles atm, but he was laso interviewed on SSN).

Fair enough - I will take your word for it mate - no need to go trawling the web!<br /><br />-- Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:44 pm --<br /><br />
bluemoonmatt said:
Even if we did insist on a five year deal, no one held a gun to his head to make him sign it, furthermore I can recall no player getting more slack cut than Carlos Tevez in respect of his "personal problems". We deserved better than a publically released statement, days after the boss heavily intimated he would indeed be staying. Shoddy from Tevez, very shoddy indeed, no point trying to say otherwise.

To be honest, I'm not even particularly surprised. It certainly hasn't raised my ire or made me think ill of Carlos. We expect footballers to behave like us supporters do and we're inevitably let down when they don't. I've long since given up on that. For me he'll leave with my thanks as I said earlier...

I think we've all known since January he'd be on his way this summer, if we are honest with ourselves ! Especially consideringhis silence at the FA cup homecoming.

Personally, I'd say 'thanks for your goals and performances in the last 2 years and best of luck for the future ....... Although I really hope you win fuck all for the rest of your career'

As long as we get £40m minimum for him and that money is spent on a couple of players like aguero and nasri, I'd not be too fussed.

Blue2112 said:
BillyShears said:
Blue2112 said:
Not read all this thread but in a perverse sort of way i'm quite enjoying all the fuss being made over 'Ickle Ole Ciddy'.

I'm quite sure the club knew this was coming and I'm quite confident that there will have been various discussions with various clubs over deals to be made. This is huge business and we're not in the same situation as years ago when we very amateurish with our transfer dealings. Manchester City is a far more polished and professional vehicle these days.

On the pitch Tevez was simply world class but off it he had no interest in being here. The club will move on to bigger and better things and Carlos leaving certainly won't stop the progress we've been making. Hopefully now rather than having one out and out goalscorer to rely on we will now invest in a number of players that can all chip in and make it more of an all round team effort. A lack of goals from midfield most certainly needs addressing.

Josh! How are you? Long time no speak...I'm back in Manchester tomorrow so I'll get in touch.

Very good post BTW...

I'm good thanks, flit in and out occasionally these days and my posts are always good haha ;-)

Great! Give my best to the family and i'll be in touch...

Matty said:
Tevez's insistance on a 5 year contract is now working against him. He's still got 3 years of it left to run, and this means City are in a very strong position regarding getting the maximum value from any potential transfer.

I'd love to think that is the case, but when a player digs their heels in and makes it clear they want out I can't help but think that gives them all the power... Although Liverpool got £50 milliom for an out of form Torres and didn't he publicly ask to leave? We should use that price tag as a bench mark. I want to see City make a strong stance here, a club matches our valuation or he stays with us...or he buys out his contract and we'll see him in court.

Even if club matches our valuation, which hopefully will be sky high, will Tevez accept their wages? I'd have thought that apart from Real Madrid and I'm not sure he/Kia would be prepared to do that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.