According to SSN... Tevez wants to go!

Blue2112 said:
Not read all this thread but in a perverse sort of way i'm quite enjoying all the fuss being made over 'Ickle Ole Ciddy'.

I'm quite sure the club knew this was coming and I'm quite confident that there will have been various discussions with various clubs over deals to be made. This is huge business and we're not in the same situation as years ago when we very amateurish with our transfer dealings. Manchester City is a far more polished and professional vehicle these days.

On the pitch Tevez was simply world class but off it he had no interest in being here. The club will move on to bigger and better things and Carlos leaving certainly won't stop the progress we've been making. Hopefully now rather than having one out and out goalscorer to rely on we will now invest in a number of players that can all chip in and make it more of an all round team effort. A lack of goals from midfield most certainly needs addressing.

Josh! How are you? Long time no speak...I'm back in Manchester tomorrow so I'll get in touch.

Very good post BTW...

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
What I dont get with wantaway players is that they are NEVER prepared to take a pay cut.

Adebayor could sign for anyone for £15m if he would accept £75k a week
Bellamy could go anywhere at £4m if he would take £50k a week
Tevez could go and play for Boca Juniors he he would accept £20k a week.

Problem is they wont and as a club and indirectly as fans we get shafted.
Players are just total greedy bastards. Look at Bellamy. Desperate to leave and wants us to let him go for free.Why should we? He has earned £10m since signing for us. If he accepted a pay cut his next club would pay him £8m over 4 years even if he accepted £50k a week. Thats 18 million pounds to add to the millions he had already earned before that! How much does any person need?

In this world only Madrid or Barca could afford Tevez. In that respect we need to look at what they can offer us in return as no club will pay the £40m he is worth.

In a nutshell we as a club must take a stand and stop any potential turds taking the piss BENCH THE TWAT unless we get what WE want

BillyShears said:
Matty said:
Tevez's insistance on a 5 year contract is now working against him. He's still got 3 years of it left to run, and this means City are in a very strong position regarding getting the maximum value from any potential transfer.

Completely - and actually more ironically, it's his performances on the pitch that have made the rod for his own back...he wasn't a 50 million pound player when he came to us - but he is now.

Absolutely ......

Tevez's exploits have been outstanding here , he's played the best football of his career , and his value has gone through the roof ....... but the question remains of who would want to pay as much as £50 million for him , or could even afford to ?

...... all these self professed 'european giants' are clearly after nowadays are cut priced deals , like Milan got with Robinho!

Gutted he's going, but you can't deny he's been a consumate professional. In fact he's probably the best player I've seen in 30 odd years watching City.

What he has done for the club should not be overlooked. The players clearly look up to him as the consumate professional. Did anyone hear Bellamy talking about him recently? HE said he was inspirational with his attitude and mentality.

Just my thoughts, but I think only Real would be able to afford him. If I was at City, I'd be doing all I could to swap Carlos for Higuain plus either cash or Ozil. No harm in being cheeky!

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
What I dont get with wantaway players is that they are NEVER prepared to take a pay cut.

Adebayor could sign for anyone for £15m if he would accept £75k a week
Bellamy could go anywhere at £4m if he would take £50k a week
Tevez could go and play for Boca Juniors he he would accept £20k a week.

Problem is they wont and as a club and indirectly as fans we get shafted.
Players are just total greedy bastards. Look at Bellamy. Desperate to leave and wants us to let him go for free.Why should we? He has earned £10m since signing for us. If he accepted a pay cut his next club would pay him £8m over 4 years even if he accepted £50k a week. Thats 18 million pounds to add to the millions he had already earned before that! How much does any person need?

In this world only Madrid or Barca could afford Tevez. In that respect we need to look at what they can offer us in return as no club will pay the £40m he is worth.

Agree to a certain degree but we do have a lot of power with these want away players,they either lower there expectations for first team football or find themselves becoming unfit,training with the reserves out of Mancinis nominated 25 man squad.

Getting our money back on Tevez for me would be good business,hes two years older now and although hes improved at city we have to be realistic in what we can get for him.

We havent a cat in hells chance of £50 million,hes perhaps got 3 seasons left at the top of his game-whos going to pay £50 million for that privelige with no re-sale value?

BillyShears said:
We'll have to agree to disagree mate...for me he's just a top footballer who's put in a transfer request. Rarely do players honour their contracts - and as I said earlier this whole type of soap opera comes with top foreign players. Look at what Arsenal have been through with Fabregas, or the rags went through with Ronaldo. You can say neither player put in a transfer request - but it doesn't change the fact that both players made it clear they wanted to leave even though they had long term contracts...

Thats not the part i take issue with though, Ronaldo said he wanted to leave for Madrid, then gave Utd an extra season and left for £80mil. Fabregas was taken from Barca as a kid, has been in that side 6 years without being able to win a trophy and now they seem to be in decline.

Neither made demands before they joined and both have given plenty back to the club before moving.

GStar said:
BillyShears said:
We'll have to agree to disagree mate...for me he's just a top footballer who's put in a transfer request. Rarely do players honour their contracts - and as I said earlier this whole type of soap opera comes with top foreign players. Look at what Arsenal have been through with Fabregas, or the rags went through with Ronaldo. You can say neither player put in a transfer request - but it doesn't change the fact that both players made it clear they wanted to leave even though they had long term contracts...

Thats not the part i take issue with though, Ronaldo said he wanted to leave for Madrid, then gave Utd an extra season and left for £80mil. Fabregas was taken from Barca as a kid, has been in that side 6 years without being able to win a trophy and now they seem to be in decline.

Neither made demands before they joined and both have given plenty back to the club before moving.

Gstar, look at your PM box.

GStar said:
BillyShears said:

We don't know what demands Carlos made...it could well be that City insisted on a 5 year contract because they knew there was a possibility he'd want to leave after two or three and they wanted to protect themselves for exactly this eventuality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.