According to SSN... Tevez wants to go!

Thing is we need high quality players of the right age and fit for our squad this summer. The only clubs that want him don't really have the players we need ( that they would be willing to offer)

It's going to have to be a cash deal I think. We don't want the old past it injury prone players in the wrong positions from the likes of real and inter.

Honestly I would just take 35 million for him and meet ageuros buy out clause. Bring in nasri Play him as a forward and mata for some width and or cover for silva.

Really disappointed with all this.

I'd hoped that he was going to knuckle down as it had all gone quiet.

Just want it to all get sorted and for them to get him flogged now, no matter how good he has been (the best I've ever seen in a City shirt, probably - not to be confused with my favourite player or the player that has given the most to the club).

I can have sympathy with his reasons but not really for the reasons he has found himself in this situation or his pathetic refusal to assimilate himself into the culture of a country he has lived in for five years.

The problem is, there can only be one realistic buyer - Madrid.

Maybe Inter or Milan, at a push, but I can't see them paying the money that City should realistically ask for.

And the only way that anyone, including Madrid, buys him is if he takes a huge (at least 50%, if you believe the £250k per week figure) pay cut.

If he is genuine in his reasons then perhaps he will do it. I have a feeling that this might not be the case though.

I would not be in a rush to drop the price to £20m - £30m as some have suggested. This bloke has been the best genuine striker in the world for the past 2 years. His goal record matches all but Messi and Ronaldo and his all round game, as a number 9, is equal to anyone who plays that position. That is a very valuable combination.

City should ask top dollar, and if Tevez if genuine in his claims, then he will take a massive wage cut to facilitate this fee.

It could leave an awkward situation and he might even be stuck here, but if he is telling the truth and his despair is so agonising then he will move heaven and Earth to facilitate this move. And he should be expected and made to by the club. It isn't City's responsibility to engineer the move by accepting less then market value. He needs to accept less than market value, and much, much less than his current earnings, in regard to wages. There won't be a bidding war for his services.

As some BMer's may remember I got pissed with Tevez ages ago and refused to applaud him, I started to take to him after his superb freekick as I believed he turned the corner however was still cautious. Believe I was right to be cautious, slime ball. Thanks for your time Carlos.

About sums the twat up

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/jul/05/carlos-tevez-manchester-city?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+theguardian%2Ffootball%2Frss+%28Football%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog ... ootball%29</a>

Skashion said:
Oh dear, the attitude towards Tevez has been terrible for the poor fans of Tevez FC. His attitude towards our club off the pitch has been fucking terrible and even when he's on it he's playing for himself so he deserves no sentimentality for that either (which is exactly what the Tevez FC Supporters Club are giving him despite claims to the contrary). He's inflicted the consequences of his affair on our club by trying every trick in the book to force down the fee we can reasonably expect to get - handing in a transfer request mid-season, refusing to work with senior management, slagging off the city even. He's a 27 year old man child who is refusing to accept responsibility for his mistakes. He should be prepared to take a hit on his wages rather than the club a hit on the transfer fee if he wants to take responsibility but he won't. That would be respectable. Alright, made a mistake but making amends to his family and the club. The neutral solution would be just to make it known that he wants to move on and go about it quietly. Could he do that? No. He's doing exactly what I described above, and some blues are still so smitten - like teenaged girls (loved that deliciously ironic description earlier), that they'll tolerate any level of behaviour and think it's acceptable.

All this may be true but his "playing for himself" didn't half help us along the way and none of us were complaining at the time. His off the field behaviour isn't how I think a player should behave and I do think the time has come for City and Tevez to part ways but I don't see why people cannot respect what he helped us achieve without being labelled as smitten teenage girls etc. I would rather just let the team have a fresh start without him, get a replacement and draw a line under the whole thing than resort to personal insults and mudslinging.

I've got no problem with him wanting to leave. He's been a fantastic player for us and no one can question his effort and desire on the pitch. I'm not going to forget his ability and some truely great performances.

However, he will only leave if the club receives a satisfactory offer. I'm really glad the club have made this statement clearly. We are not fools.

It is interesting to hear that Tevez himself scuppered the trade with Inter becasue his wage were too high (i dont know the accuracy of these statements but I'm going on what has been said on here or in the press).

If that's the case, he cant be too desperate to see his kids!

I think the truth is he's just angling for a move and possibly at the behest of Joorabchian (sp). Thats his right and he is entitled to requesta transfer just as City are entitled to hold his registration until we get top dollar.

At least he has told us now and not on August 20th or something like that.

We have time to get someone in as for me Dzeko and Balotelli will not take us any higher than Tevez did.

kalouk said:
All this may be true but his "playing for himself" didn't half help us along the way and none of us were complaining at the time. His off the field behaviour isn't how I think a player should behave and I do think the time has come for City and Tevez to part ways but I don't see why people cannot respect what he helped us achieve without being labelled as smitten teenage girls etc. I would rather just let the team have a fresh start without him, get a replacement and draw a line under the whole thing than resort to personal insults and mudslinging.
If his biggest fault was playing for himself, no I wouldn't be saying anything, though some like Bigga called him selfish - which I couldn't disagree with. I'm not bothered by him on the pitch. His work rate and ability are beyond question and he far excelled my expectations.

The issue I have I've explained thoroughly and it's to do with how he's tried to atone for his mistake. What part of the consequences has he volunteered to take? None, he's tried to shrug them off onto us. Why's that right? We didn't whip his cock out for him. If he volunteered to reduce his wages to get us a good fee, I'd respect that. If he'd gone about it quietly I wouldn't grumble as I have. It's his dragging us through the mud childish press statements and tv interviews and handing in transfers mid-seasons. Shut up and get on with it at the very very least.

A year ago a few of our esteemed posters were suggesting that Mancini should be sacked due to his alleged poor relationship with the godlike Tevez. Thankfully we didn't go down that route. I said at the time that Carlos wouldn't last long here as while he is a great footballer he is all about Carlos. He is adored in Argentina unlike Messi and it seems to have gone to his head.

Unlike the modest Messi Carlos thinks he's bigger than the team, and possibly the club. He goes directly to the owners, you know.

When he said he was staying we all knew deep down the circus surrounding him would continue. And so it came to pass.

Zabba apart we haven't had much luck with South Americans. So I wouldn't go down the Aguero route.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.