According to SSN... Tevez wants to go!

Calmed down a bit now, so if Tevez is the third best player in the world behind Messi and Tranny then why are clubs not queuing up for his signature?

If Messi or Tranny had requested to leave clubs would be busting a gut for them, irrelevant of cost.

I think we may be putting Tev on a pedestal. Yes he is talented but easily replaceable! (imo)

bluefandk said:
Tevez has no problems with Mancini and has said so several times, but hey why let the facts get in the way of a good anti Mancini rant.

Tevez has kept his options open by not directly criticising Mancini since December. Did you notice anything "missing" in his statement recently, though? And his "maybe he likes to create tension in the dressing room" comment in his Times interview - which he balanced for political reasons with "He is a good manager".

Everyone at City knows Tevez hates him. If he says it publicly now there is no way back for him if he can't find a new club.

If he moves on I expect the truth will out. Your captain and manager at loggerheads is not a good situation so this was the only outcome after our fantastic end to the season.

City will move on. He's a big loss but we can afford to replace him and we can attract big names now.

Didsbury Dave said:
glen quagmire said:
So mancini goes and tevez stays???????
Your persistant i'll give you that.

If it wasn't for the last 4 weeks of the season I reckon that's what would have happened.

But we'll never know because Berbatov missed, Ya Ya came to life, Scholes got send off and Spurs and Arsenal went to shit.

Such are the fine margins in football sometimes.
Tevez would have wanted to leave whatever Mancini's fate, I reckon.

I accept it's true that all top clubs go to some lengths to keep their top players satisfied (Rooney, Ronaldo etc). It's fallacy to think all players should be treated equally.

That said, it's always a tradeoff. At what point does a player's behaviour/the need to constantly keep him happy outweigh his contributions on the pitch? Because it's at that point that you need to look to get rid. It's not an easy question to answer, of course, but I do struggle to understand those "Tev Apologists" who say that Fabregas, Rooney, Ronaldo etc. were no worse than him. Ronaldo wanted to go to Madrid, yes, but he (a) agreed it behind the scenes and then (b) performed on the pitch, and behaved off the pitch, more or less impeccably. Rooney wanted more money, got it, and that was the end of the matter.

In contrast, Tevez/his advisor have tried to cause as many problems for City as possible - releasing statements at points in time designed to cause maximum harm, briefing the press constantly and generally causing trouble. It's a shame, cos he's a top player. But he is becoming a real burden. How long before this starts to cause serious problems in the squad? We already know that three senior players are unhappy that he is captain. There's no issue with what he does on the pitch, but how any City fan can be anything other than cynical, skeptical and (yes) disappointed, disillusioned and angry at his disrespectful off-pitch behaviour is beyond me.

Didsbury Dave said:
glen quagmire said:
So mancini goes and tevez stays???????
Your persistant i'll give you that.

If it wasn't for the last 4 weeks of the season I reckon that's what would have happened.

But we'll never know because Berbatov missed, Ya Ya came to life, Scholes got send off and Spurs and Arsenal went to shit.

Such are the fine margins in football sometimes.

Weren't we lucky to finish 3rd and win the FA Cup eh?

Obviously our success was all down to the failings of others and cock all to do with the manager.

Didsbury Dave said:
bluemoonmatt said:
Yeah I've been proper cyber owned!!!

Didn't think Billy needed his online cavalry to come bounding over this hill on this one dd. I notice you've still failed to justify predictably bringing RM into this whole debate a number pages back. Why don't you sit back and let BS fight his own battles. When all said and done, there is a very clear difference between fact and opinion, all most of us are doing on this thread is expressing our version of the latter.

Don't know what "owned" means but I was amused at your inability to respond to Billy's points.

I brought Mancini into it because, like it or not, it's an open secret amongst the staff at City that Tevez dislikes him. There's no doubt this lack of respect is part of why he has been looking to get out for 12 months.

As I originally posted, the last 4 weeks of the season put Mancini in a position to win the Captain v Manager war.

In secret I bet he won't be bothered to lose him
Well simple minds are easily pleased. Do a search on my posts on this thread, read my reply to Pige a little earlier and that is my position on this matter made perfectly clear.. I chose not to reply to Billy in person due to the tone of his comments, childish and unnecessarily aggressive. But hey, like I keep labouring, it's all about opniions, mine Pige, BS and clearly yours differ, there's no problem in that.

Braggster said:
but how any City fan can be anything other than cynical, skeptical and (yes) disappointed, disillusioned and angry at his disrespectful off-pitch behaviour is beyond me.

Disappointed, yes.

Angry, no.

If he wants to move on he joins a long list of players around the world who do and feel the same. It's because he's so high-profile that we're all talking about him and not Boateng or Given, who also want to leave. I accept we can't have a captain who continually expresses his unhappiness, though, and no player shoudl be able to dictate the managerial situation at a club.

I'm not going to hate him or boo him if he returns. If he hadn't performed we'd have fucked him off without a second thought. City have been far from whiter than white with their handling of players who's face doesnt fit. Grabbing the moral high ground is what pavlovian fans will do, but the truth is more complex than that.

Didsbury Dave said:
bluefandk said:
Tevez has no problems with Mancini and has said so several times, but hey why let the facts get in the way of a good anti Mancini rant.

Tevez has kept his options open by not directly criticising Mancini since December. Did you notice anything "missing" in his statement recently, though? And his "maybe he likes to create tension in the dressing room" comment in his Times interview - which he balanced for political reasons with "He is a good manager".

Everyone at City knows Tevez hates him. If he says it publicly now there is no way back for him if he can't find a new club.

If he moves on I expect the truth will out. Your captain and manager at loggerheads is not a good situation so this was the only outcome after our fantastic end to the season.

City will move on. He's a big loss but we can afford to replace him and we can attract big names now.

I have never heard anybody say that Tevez hates Mancini.

The person at the club he has problems with is Cook and Tevez does not hold back anything if he falls out with people, trust me if he really had any serious problems with Mancini we would all know about it, just like we know about him falling out with Cook.

bluefandk said:

I suspect you don't know any of the players or coaching/medical staff then. They developed a relationship of tolerance over the last six months, but at times Tevez let his frustration with him boil over.

It doesn't matter, Mancini made himself pretty much unsackable at the end of the season. So he won the battle, and losing Tevez only increases his own power base. You Mancini fans should be delighted with this.

Didsbury Dave said:
bluefandk said:

I suspect you don't know any of the players or coaching/medical staff then. They developed a relationship of tolerance over the last six months, but at times Tevez let his frustration with him boil over.

It doesn't matter, Mancini made himself pretty much unsackable at the end of the season. So he won the battle, and losing Tevez only increases his own power base. You Mancini fans should be delighted with this.

Come one, admit it, you're gutted that he suceeded aren't you?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.