Adam Johnson admits he may quit City???

Mancio said:
the more I read forum the more I'm happy for City.

under the FFP is very important to have players that increase their value. can sell them to earn money to spend buying different players , maybe better. without damaging the income statement.

in this days I am discovering that onohua and AJ have become world players. I guess the deals coming from barca , real madrid , chelsea and bayern already, 30 million for onohua , and 50 million for AJ. big money to buy pastore in the place of AJ. and David Luiz instead for onohua. without spending anything.

doubt pastore would sit on our bench when he could sit on barcas

Failsworth_Blue said:
gio's side step said:
But the thing with that is, you are taking a huge leap of faith with Balotelli in terms of expecting him to produce more consistent performances than Johnson based on one game so far at City in the premier league. The other (Wolves) he was very poor. Add to that, all those arse wiping Milner based on the premise he works hard for the team - well Balotelli would need to convince a lot of people that he equally would do that on a regular basis off the ball. I accept Balotelli is in Mancini's 1st eleven mind, but to just say, oh we have Balotelli seems a bit naive to me.

You call it a leap of faith, i see it as knowing Balotelli can offer us more than Johnson based on what i've seen of the two players. Balo has shown he can perform for one of the best teams in world football but your right in terms of he will need to convince people and the only way he'll do that is with performances on the pitch however i certainly think he'll offer more to the team Johnson hence why i'd start Balo over Johnson at present. I think Johnson can go onto to be a very good player whereas i think Balo has the potential to be world class

I never meant it to come across as oh we have Balotelli so Johnson shouldn't be playing, i'd fine it hard to put a case forward for Johnson starting with or without Balo in the team at the moment from what i've seen of him so far this season especially when he's started games, thats the issue for me

I think what we are actually finding with this debate and something Ive been thinking for a while, is that we have assembled a big squad with a lot of perceived top players, (for all of the reasons discussed over the past year relating to the project etc) without working out a relatively consistent plan/team shape/formation. As a result of us not already having established ourselves as a top 4 side last year, and not having reached the carling cup final or won it, we are still at 'work in progress' level more so than ever when we signed another bunch of players during the summer, all with the aim of making us stronger.

But Im fed up of hearing what a great squad we have. How we have one of it not the best squad in the league. What about our first eleven or first fourteen for example? It's becoming increasingly disjointed, playing too many different players/shapes in different games. I am all for having options, and accept he hasnt had a first eleven to pick from on a consistent basis all season, but I sense more difficulties than solutions - which might be one of the reasons for the safety first football in the mean time.

For example, for me, Johnson should play. But then for you, Silva and Balo should play. For someone else, Milner should play. Add to that, Mancini does rate Barry, so it's unlikely he is going to be dropped. Equally, he hasnt spent all the cash to drop Yaya Toure. Then other fans think we need another striker in January to play along side Tevez. I think at some point, we are going to need to work out a consistent shape/team for a run of games at home where we need to create enough clear cut chances to be likely to win games. Not draw them. Modify from time to time due to the number of potential Europa games/FA cup/ away games etc, but sporadic team selections can lead to sporadic performances.

Sorry for this going against the thread, I do fear for Johnson.

KingofDraw said:
Mancio said:
the more I read forum the more I'm happy for City.

under the FFP is very important to have players that increase their value. can sell them to earn money to spend buying different players , maybe better. without damaging the income statement.

in this days I am discovering that onohua and AJ have become world players. I guess the deals coming from barca , real madrid , chelsea and bayern already, 30 million for onohua , and 50 million for AJ. big money to buy pastore in the place of AJ. and David Luiz instead for onohua. without spending anything.

doubt pastore would sit on our bench when he could sit on barcas

doubt pastore will sit on the bench. everywhere.

keemcfc said:
_______________Hart________________
Boateng__Kolo Touré_Kompany__Kolarov

ah

Skashion said:
Mancio said:
in this days I am discovering
It has been a day for discovery. The footballing intellectuals have let it slip that there are nineteen Premier League teams.

Well slap my arse with a wet kipper for getting that one wrong.

Feather and tar me, call out the army.

colin's bell helmet said:
Bigga said:
Have you considered that the lad has always been earmarked for more games AFTER Christmas...??

Teams are more fatigued and the 'top' lot may be more off their game, by then.
does the bit i've highlighted answer your first question?
i'm pretty sure that johnson isn't being saved for the second half of the season because the other top sides will be fatigued....you don't honestly think that do you?......anyhow i'm gonna have to give up on this thread now because it's making my fuckin brain melt.

What I believe is that Mancini wants AJ to integrate into his philosophy of football, otherwise he wouldn't be on the bench, he'd be left out altogether!

This may just take him into the Christmas period, which would equate to the same thing.

I don't get these type of players at all, being the same age as Adam (22) I would give my cock and balls away to play just 10 minutes in a City shirt with the potential he has, but for a player who was playing Championship football first team due to Downing leaving, Mancini signed this lad up gave him a hefty pay increase and the opportunity to be apart of a team fighting to be Champions that were the main cause he got them handful of caps for England yet chooses to spit his dummy out because he can't get in a team behind a world cup winner (Silva) or an established Premier League midfielder (Milner) then he is way over his head, he's good yes but nowhere near his potential which is scary knowing how good he could be if he just gets his head down and applies himself. Against Birmingham I thought he was our worse player couldn't pass and every time he tried to dribble past the defence just lost the ball.

Don't ruin yourself AJ your asking to be the next Kieron Richdardson, good but never reach your potential.

gio's side step said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
You call it a leap of faith, i see it as knowing Balotelli can offer us more than Johnson based on what i've seen of the two players. Balo has shown he can perform for one of the best teams in world football but your right in terms of he will need to convince people and the only way he'll do that is with performances on the pitch however i certainly think he'll offer more to the team Johnson hence why i'd start Balo over Johnson at present. I think Johnson can go onto to be a very good player whereas i think Balo has the potential to be world class

I never meant it to come across as oh we have Balotelli so Johnson shouldn't be playing, i'd fine it hard to put a case forward for Johnson starting with or without Balo in the team at the moment from what i've seen of him so far this season especially when he's started games, thats the issue for me

I think what we are actually finding with this debate and something Ive been thinking for a while, is that we have assembled a big squad with a lot of perceived top players, (for all of the reasons discussed over the past year relating to the project etc) without working out a relatively consistent plan/team shape/formation. As a result of us not already having established ourselves as a top 4 side last year, and not having reached the carling cup final or won it, we are still at 'work in progress' level more so than ever when we signed another bunch of players during the summer, all with the aim of making us stronger.

But Im fed up of hearing what a great squad we have. How we have one of it not the best squad in the league. What about our first eleven or first fourteen for example? It's becoming increasingly disjointed, playing too many different players/shapes in different games. I am all for having options, and accept he hasnt had a first eleven to pick from on a consistent basis all season, but I sense more difficulties than solutions - which might be one of the reasons for the safety first football in the mean time.

For example, for me, Johnson should play. But then for you, Silva and Balo should play. For someone else, Milner should play. Add to that, Mancini does rate Barry, so it's unlikely he is going to be dropped. Equally, he hasnt spent all the cash to drop Yaya Toure. Then other fans think we need another striker in January to play along side Tevez. I think at some point, we are going to need to work out a consistent shape/team for a run of games at home where we need to create enough clear cut chances to be likely to win games. Not draw them. Modify from time to time due to the number of potential Europa games/FA cup/ away games etc, but sporadic team selections can lead to sporadic performances.

Sorry for this going against the thread, I do fear for Johnson.

^^^^^
We have an embarrasment of riches which is at the moment detriment to our performances.

Its an extremely important point you have made there fella because when we are on our pomp we can destroy anybody.

Bottom line is hes struggling to keep everybody happy,young players like AJ will take longer to get used to rotation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.