Adam Johnson admits he may quit City???

Tin hat on.

Mancini must go ASAP as he is ruining our club.

He is falling out with players he should be basing the team around and if we don't get rid soon it could cause us to loose players like AJ, Tévez and Adebayor among others, if we loose our best, then we will need to buy more in the future, which won't be as easy. That could even make our owners pull out.

I know that's an extreme worse case scenario but it's still a possible scenario.

keemcfc said:
Tin hat on.

Mancini must go ASAP as he is ruining our club.

He is falling out with players he should be basing the team around and if we don't get rid soon it could cause us to loose players like AJ, Tévez and Adebayor among others, if we loose our best, then we will need to buy more in the future, which won't be as easy. That could even make our owners pull out.

I know that's an extreme worse case scenario but it's still a possible scenario.

Seriously, no.

You all here just don't get it.
The media is trying to unsettle City by regularly:
1. Linking any world class player in this planet NOT PLAYING FOR CITY to sign for City.
2. Reporting players NOW PLAYING FOR CITY that they are unhappy and wants to leave City.
CTID!!!!

schfc6 said:
Grand Master Ram Rod said:
People should listen to Didsbury Dave more, he talks a lot of sense!

He's been talking the truth about Mancini and the tactics we play for ages now and everyone's slagged him off. Then the fans at the stadium proved DD to be right and suddenly the fickleness on here happened again. Everyone suddenly agreed that we are a bit boring and Mancini is a bit clueless.

DD is right again about this subject, you ask any supporter at a game or any football player/pundit/manager/fan around the country and they will tell you how good a player AJ is and how ridiculous it would be to get rid. I'll wait until the next City game for you's all to change your mind though, when you're all watching on your dodgy internet stream and we're all singing AJ's name.

He's forced to many good players out the club, this one would be one of the worst and I imagine Tevez wouldn't be too far behind him.

This is the exact reason I don't want Bale at City. If we signed him, we'd ruin his career by putting him on the bench just so we could play a 7th defensive midfielder. It's not fair on these exciting players.

You my friend are an idiot.
"He's forced to (too by the way) many good players out the club?"
Who? Ireland? Onouha? Mak? Weiss? Bellamy? The only talent he's lost is Robinho, and he was not right for City nor is he right for AC. The rest, Ireland will be out of football within 2 years, Onouha, not very good, never was, too injury prone, slagged the club and manager off for 5 minutes on national TV, Bellamy has played 6 games for Cardiff, so what are we missing?

DD loved Hughes, it is Hughes' ridiculous signings that have made us a laughing stock, and partially the reason Mancini's hand is forced. £18m RSC, £18m Jo, £9m SWP, £12m Bridge £22m Lescott. That's £89m of dross that wouldn't get in any other top side, and is what Mancini has been left with. Mancini has turned De Jong into a great player, he could pass 3 yards under Hughes, He's turned Kompany from a bit part midfielder into an outstanding centre back, and turned Toure back into a great centre back. Before you say anything about Kompany he was on the bench for Hughes last 4 games! Even Tevez has scored 22 of his League goals under Mancini, after Mancini changed his position.
Mancini has turned what was a side in 9th in the Prem behind Birmingham into a top 4 side with £120 million spent, If Mancini had of had all the Money Hughes' spent too, I assure you we would not have had RSC, SWP, Bridge, Jo & Lescott anywhere near our squad.

Fans who like to moan, are used to losing and prefer the way it used to be, think Richard Dunne is a hero are the only ones agreeing with DD, on most Posts he is routinely rounded on by progressive thinking fans who know what it takes to move forward!!!
he's right about johnson though, not sure about his views on mancini but i'm firmly of the same opinion as you mate as far as mancini goes i think he's doing a decent job...yes the tactics are a bit negative at the minute but by making us a solid hard to beat unit he is slowly but surely changing the mentality of the team and soon after a long unbeaten streak our squad will feel invincible then we will start to attack teams......i fuckin hope anyway.

gooney said:
Marvin said:
With respect what do you know about Mancini's man management? I assume only what you read in the press or hear on the radio, 99% of which is garbage. Maybe the papers are right for all I know, but I don't trust them one bit
I dont know the man personally, none of us do. But all we can do is watch his interviews, watch his interaction with his players and listen to what his players say about him. I could be wrong, but he doesnt come across like someone who would take a young player to the side and give him guidance and advice. But like I said I could be wrong and Mancini maybe has tried all of this many times and AJ could be a deluded arrogant young man who thinks he has made it and doesnt listen to anyone. But I believe he has alot of talent and despite his flaws right now, he can become top class player. Its up to him to reach that, but a manager plays huge role for a young players improvement. Look at players like Nasro and Van Persie, they were known as arrogant trouble makers in their countries, but Wenger took his time because he knew the talent they have is worth the trouble they cause while they are still maturing. thats how I see AJ

Arsenal is a different enviroment than city. There are well established codes, heirachies. Arsene went through the place with a fine toothcomb, and got rid of lots of very capable players because of their attitudes and characters. Sometimes, simply because they didn't fit in anymore.

There is also a well established pecking order, it appears that everyone is worth what they are paid, maybe a little more, never less. It takes time and continuity to create that sort of situation where respect and professionalism are taken for granted. Once you do, it's far more powerful than any little chat on the side.

Without wanting to run my own club down, we're miles away from that at City.

I don't know what was said to AJ this summer, or at the start of the season. I do know they did identify a problem or two and take it to him. Some on here think it's just that Mancini doesn't like him, is jealous or something like that, but I remember journalists at the pre-WC England camp reporting that Capello's staff also had concerns over his attitude. The problem is, when Mancini or his staff talk to him, I can see him looking at our recent history and thinks, 'Whatever, I'm going to outlast you here...'. And some of the senior players who should be role models, just aren't up to it..

That said, I think Mancini sometimes makes problems where he needn't. I think you take him as a job lot. Even if he doesn't successfully create the close knit atmosphere this year, he's laying down the right foundations, and if he left, the next guy will take over a much more 'professional' outfit.

This is certainly what happened at Inter. Perennial joke side, imbalanced squad, vanity purchases. He left an incredibly capable squad that Mourinho simply made two or three key changes to. Actually, Mou made more changes in his first year, got in a spot, and more or less went back to Mancini's players and system, before making the decisive moves in his second summer.

I would accept he lacks a touch of empathy, and I'm not convinced about his soft skills when it comes to coaching and team building, but I think he's a good tactician, a very, very good squad builder, and his intolerance is as much a virtue (in the long terms) as it is a handicap to smooth running and 'togetherness'.

If it's true he's an ungreatful little so and so. Wasnt exactly a rush of clubs after his signature playing for a championship side going nowhere and he signs for us and he has the lot including England call up's. Micah Richards syndrome, it seems a few caps and you think you've made it and don't have to work at your game or for your place well he should look at howshit Micah went afterwards and use it as a warning instead of looking elsewhere.

Edwin said:
You all here just don't get it.
The media is trying to unsettle City by regularly:
1. Linking any world class player in this planet NOT PLAYING FOR CITY to sign for City.
2. Reporting players NOW PLAYING FOR CITY that they are unhappy and wants to leave City.
CTID!!!!
No mate, its you who doesn't get it.
Johnson has been quoted, and read any thread on here and all you will see is people not believing anything unless it has quotes. This has quotes.
The media are not up to anything.
The Sun today says Wes Brown can't sell his house because he is a neighbour of Rooney. Does that mean the Sun are wanting United to fail by unsettling and pissing off their players? No, it doesn't.

schfc6 said:
Grand Master Ram Rod said:
People should listen to Didsbury Dave more, he talks a lot of sense!

He's been talking the truth about Mancini and the tactics we play for ages now and everyone's slagged him off. Then the fans at the stadium proved DD to be right and suddenly the fickleness on here happened again. Everyone suddenly agreed that we are a bit boring and Mancini is a bit clueless.

DD is right again about this subject, you ask any supporter at a game or any football player/pundit/manager/fan around the country and they will tell you how good a player AJ is and how ridiculous it would be to get rid. I'll wait until the next City game for you's all to change your mind though, when you're all watching on your dodgy internet stream and we're all singing AJ's name.

He's forced to many good players out the club, this one would be one of the worst and I imagine Tevez wouldn't be too far behind him.

This is the exact reason I don't want Bale at City. If we signed him, we'd ruin his career by putting him on the bench just so we could play a 7th defensive midfielder. It's not fair on these exciting players.

You my friend are an idiot.
"He's forced to (too by the way) many good players out the club?"
Who? Ireland? Onouha? Mak? Weiss? Bellamy? The only talent he's lost is Robinho, and he was not right for City nor is he right for AC. The rest, Ireland will be out of football within 2 years, Onouha, not very good, never was, too injury prone, slagged the club and manager off for 5 minutes on national TV, Bellamy has played 6 games for Cardiff, so what are we missing?

DD loved Hughes, it is Hughes' ridiculous signings that have made us a laughing stock, and partially the reason Mancini's hand is forced. £18m RSC, £18m Jo, £9m SWP, £12m Bridge £22m Lescott. That's £89m of dross that wouldn't get in any other top side, and is what Mancini has been left with. Mancini has turned De Jong into a great player, he could pass 3 yards under Hughes, He's turned Kompany from a bit part midfielder into an outstanding centre back, and turned Toure back into a great centre back. Before you say anything about Kompany he was on the bench for Hughes last 4 games! Even Tevez has scored 22 of his League goals under Mancini, after Mancini changed his position.
Mancini has turned what was a side in 9th in the Prem behind Birmingham into a top 4 side with £120 million spent, If Mancini had of had all the Money Hughes' spent too, I assure you we would not have had RSC, SWP, Bridge, Jo & Lescott anywhere near our squad.

Fans who like to moan, are used to losing and prefer the way it used to be, think Richard Dunne is a hero are the only ones agreeing with DD, on most Posts he is routinely rounded on by progressive thinking fans who know what it takes to move forward!!!

If you squint really hard and maybe look through the left side of your blurred vision, you might... MIGHT see a bit of sarcasm oozing out Grand Master Ram Rod's post...

NewbBlue said:
ADAM JOHNSON is desperate to make Manchester City the champions of England - the only problem is he cannot get on the pitch often enough to help it happen.

The winger has been a frustrated figure this season as a bit-part player in the club's title bid.

He is seen by critics as an example of Roberto Mancini's perceived caution.

The manager himself has hit out at Johnson claiming he has got carried away with the praise he has received over the past year and is NOT a top player.

Johnson just wants to play and if his chances continue to be restricted at City he knows he might have to do that somewhere else.

The forward, 23, said: "Every footballer has to think about it when the time comes.

"It is still early but I definitely would consider it."

Johnson made his comments the day after the disappointing goalless derby with Manchester United when he came on for the last 17 minutes.

It was a game crying out for Johnson, who was bought last January by Mancini in an £8million deal from Middlesbrough.

Johnson admitted: "It is disappointing when you are not playing from the start in games like that.

"I was itching to get on. I was dying to play from the start not just come on.

"The manager has to make decisions but I was gutted to be left out.

"With the players we have it will be a rotation but I am full of confidence and I just want to be playing.

"I have got to train and get on with it, nothing is going to change. I have to keep the right frame of mind and get in the team because I want to play for the national team as well."

Mancini believes Johnson has more effect as an impact substitute rather than a starter.

His performance in the 0-0 draw with Birmingham on Saturday seemed to back that theory.

But Johnson believes his form in 2009-2010 and the start of this campaign suggests he is much more than a supersub.

He said: "Last season and in games at the beginning of this season I was still having an impact when I started."

Advertisement

Johnson feels like a caged bird at the minute.

He wants to run free and entertain but Mancini has a system and a shape which requires discipline and does not accommodate someone who simply wants to roam.

Johnson said: "I like attacking, scoring goals and creating goals and pleasing the fans.

"When I play I just want to excite fans and give them something to watch."

Johnson modelled his game as a kid on David Ginola, who he used to watch train for Newcastle.

Ryan Giggs remains another hero of his.

The City ace added: "When I went to games I wanted to watch the attacking flair players.

"David Ginola and Ryan Giggs were heroes of mine.

"All my family supported Sunderland but I played for Newcastle from when I was 10 to 12 and Ginola and Faustino Asprilla were the players at that time. I used to go with my dad and watch them train.

"It was seeing Ginola play and Giggs that made me want to play like them.

"Giggs is a real crowd pleaser and fans adore him for how he plays and that inspired me to play the way I do."

Much has been made of Mancini's tactics which some believe are negative.

Johnson said: "A lot of the players are attacking-minded players and want to attack.

"But I think what has been important to the manager is getting the shape right and working on our defensive shape.

"It has been about not conceding goals first and keeping clean sheets and then maybe nicking one."

The Mancini way has got City to fourth in the league and still in with a crack of the title.

Johnson said: "We have got a lot left in us as well. We have not been playing great or attractive football but we are getting results.

"If we can stay in the pack until after Christmas who knows what we can do.

"Maybe we could win it. There is loads of football to be played we are not a million miles off the top.

"The top four are capable of beating each other and slipping up. We just have to keep winning games and if we are there or thereabouts we have a chance.

"We have definitely got to be pushing to stay where we are until after Christmas and then see what we are capable of doing."

Johnson still has some work to do to impress the boss. Mancini gave a stinging verdict on the winger on Friday.

The Italian said: "When you are young you read the newspapers and think 'I am the top, I am the top'.

"But Adam Johnson is a young player and doesn't understand the game very well.

"I think he can improve a lot more if he thinks more when he plays.

"He's a good player but he's just 23 years old, he's played 20 games in the Premier League and it's impossible to think of him now as a top player.

"For this, he must work, he must think, he must work for the team, not two dribbles, two crosses. In a top team you need more.

"If you're only doing two dribbles you can't be the best player on the pitch.

"You must do dribbling, score a goal, you must defend, you must help your team-mates. There is more expected of him."

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3229363/Adam-Johnsons-Manchester-City-quit-hint.html#ixzz15PmNE7Kv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... z15PmNE7Kv</a>

WTF? I know it's the Sun, but are these quotes real?

Fucking pathetic if he's driven to another club. This will be a real blow. Someone tell me this is a bollocks misquote.

He was probably pissed...

Anyway, we don't exactly know what the question was...

If it was something like "If you're not going to be playing regularly, would you consider moving clubs...?"

If so then what's the problem? He would move. anyone would if they're never playing.

Plus he isn't really doing it when he starts, esp against "good" defenders. He can rip average full backs/teams to pieces but he needs to beef up a bit IMHO if he's going to be able to compete at the highest level. If he was at any other "Top club" he'd be in exactly the same position so he needs to buckle down, stop the drinking and man up.

He's got the potential but it's up to him now. Mancini will play him and it's up to him to make himself un-droppable. But he certainly isn't that, yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.