Adam Johnson admits he may quit City???

Didsbury Dave said:
WNRH said:
If this forum allowed signatures this would be mine. Classic!

You are that new kid, pal, if I'm really honest ;-)

Been here five minutes and jumping on the wrong bandwagons...currying favour with the happy clappers. I genuinely laughed at your use of "they are the yin to our yang" on that flop of a comedy thread you did yesterday. If you knew how many of the "monks" you listed had contacts at the club, at player level and board level, you wouldn't have posted it.

As I say, birds of a feather....PMSL

Of course Dave ;-) I've yet to see any of the monks come trumps up with their inside info!

WNRH said:
Didsbury Dave said:
You are that new kid, pal, if I'm really honest ;-)

Been here five minutes and jumping on the wrong bandwagons...currying favour with the happy clappers. I genuinely laughed at your use of "they are the yin to our yang" on that flop of a comedy thread you did yesterday. If you knew how many of the "monks" you listed had contacts at the club, at player level and board level, you wouldn't have posted it.

As I say, birds of a feather....PMSL

Of course Dave ;-) I've yet to see any of the monks come trumps up with their inside info!

In the two weeks since you joined you mean...

You stick with your boys mate.

The sun always shines in happy clapper land. Rome wasn't built in a day and Saint Bob is our best manager since Joe Mercer. Oh, and our entire squad are wankers and 6th would be a great achievement.

Didsbury Dave said:
WNRH said:

The sun always shines in happy clapper land. Rome wasn't built in a day and Saint Bob is our best manager since Joe Mercer. Oh, and our entire squad are wankers and 6th would be a great achievement.

Not as clever as you think Dave, but i like you Mr Yang! ;-)

WNRH said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Not as clever as you think Dave, but i like you Mr Yang! ;-)

Stick around, son. You'll get to know the ropes...

I see the usual suspects have turned this thread in to another Mancini out thread. They havnt done it because they have anything new to contribute they have as always done it to express their hatred of our maneger.

We are fourth in the league and there is no way Mancini is going to be sacked.

forevercity said:
schumey04 said:
....what is going on at our club. Why cant our players keep their fooking mouths shut it makes me sick. This little prick has an ego far too big for himself. Out bidding £12k for a date with that slapper Jordan and then unconcious drunk at a college party and he has the cheek to complain about not getting first team. Get your head down and shut the fook up..

On the other hand the manager shouldnt be airing our dirty laundry in public either.

so bob isnt playing him due to his off the field antics?

so balo has been in a stupid car crash, been pissed out of his face, turns up late for training and he is the golden boy?

AJ's attitude is 1000 times better than Balotelli's

I know exactly where your coming from with the above forevercity.......................

DD said:
schfc6 said:
You my friend are an idiot.
"He's forced to (too by the way) many good players out the club?"
Who? Ireland? Onouha? Mak? Weiss? Bellamy? The only talent he's lost is Robinho, and he was not right for City nor is he right for AC. The rest, Ireland will be out of football within 2 years, Onouha, not very good, never was, too injury prone, slagged the club and manager off for 5 minutes on national TV, Bellamy has played 6 games for Cardiff, so what are we missing?

DD loved Hughes, it is Hughes' ridiculous signings that have made us a laughing stock, and partially the reason Mancini's hand is forced. £18m RSC, £18m Jo, £9m SWP, £12m Bridge £22m Lescott. That's £89m of dross that wouldn't get in any other top side, and is what Mancini has been left with. Mancini has turned De Jong into a great player, he could pass 3 yards under Hughes, He's turned Kompany from a bit part midfielder into an outstanding centre back, and turned Toure back into a great centre back. Before you say anything about Kompany he was on the bench for Hughes last 4 games! Even Tevez has scored 22 of his League goals under Mancini, after Mancini changed his position.
Mancini has turned what was a side in 9th in the Prem behind Birmingham into a top 4 side with £120 million spent, If Mancini had of had all the Money Hughes' spent too, I assure you we would not have had RSC, SWP, Bridge, Jo & Lescott anywhere near our squad.

Fans who like to moan, are used to losing and prefer the way it used to be, think Richard Dunne is a hero are the only ones agreeing with DD, on most Posts he is routinely rounded on by progressive thinking fans who know what it takes to move forward!!!

Not to confuse DD's by the way because this one was as impressed with him as he is with Mancini!:)

Back to Didsbury Dave though and he is one of about 5% of people on this forum whose opinions I take seriously. One of the few that has the guts to say things as he sees it without being brainwashed by the happy-clappy masses who are so up their own arses, they fail to see what's staring them in the face.

Actually, I'm not so sure it's they they don't see, it's that they don't want to see because they are scared it will ruin their little dream.

9th in the league eh? By the end of the decade, the fisherman's tale will have it we were in a relegation battle. When Mancini took over we were in 6th place with a game in hand on the clubs above us and we finished in 5th, as sterile tactics cost us dearly in the run-in.

Hughes was given a mandate to get 70 points. So was Mancini. Hughes may have got it, we'll never know. Mancini failed to get it and that is certain.

Now, for me, despite £100 million or so being spent in the summer, we look less like winning games than we did over the last six months of the season. We actually look to be going backwards

I don't really want to intrude on this, but I couldn't let the bit in bold pass without comment. So in other words: I take his opinion seriously because he has the same opinion as me. Great work.<br /><br />-- Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:15 pm --<br /><br />
WNRH said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Birds of a feather flock together as this thread shows. Same names every time. Even funnier than the usual suspects are the new kids on the block who misjudge the way the wind's blowing and try to ingratiate themselves.

If this forum allowed signatures this would be mine. Classic!

Is this really true though? Given the length of time you've been here DD, you'll undoubtedly know the workings of this forum better than I do, and I respect that. But I can't imagine why an internet forum would operate in the manner you described.

People 'judge the way the wind's blowing' etc when they have something to gain - the classic example, being, of course, political power. You try and judge who you think will win so you can strengthen your position relative to where you were before.

But there is ultimately nothing to gain from this forum! It's a triviality, a nothingness, it won't affect our life positions. In my experience of this forum so far, people come here with an initial set of positions; they agree with some, disagree with others, they modify and revise their opinions based on good points they hear which seem to be generally consistent with their set of views.

I may be missing something here, but I honestly can't fathom the reason why you would feel the need to 'ingratiate yourself' with a particular camp. Surely is it not more just a classic case of particular issues tending to be 'polarizing ones'? i.e. it's difficult to sustain a middle ground on Mancini in the face of blinkered attitudes on both sides; you inevitably tend to be drawn into the defence of the set that you most agree with. I find the whole idea of posters judging 'which way the wind is blowing' extremely dubious.

ThreeTeamSupporter said:
Is this really true though? Given the length of time you've been here DD, you'll undoubtedly know the workings of this forum better than I do, and I respect that. But I can't imagine why an internet forum would operate in the manner you described.

People 'judge the way the wind's blowing' etc when they have something to gain - the classic example, being, of course, political power. You try and judge who you think will win so you can strengthen your position relative to where you were before.

But there is ultimately nothing to gain from this forum! It's a triviality, a nothingness, it won't affect our life positions. In my experience of this forum so far, people come here with an initial set of positions; they agree with some, disagree with others, they modify and revise their opinions based on good points they hear which seem to be generally consistent with their set of views.

I may be missing something here, but I honestly can't fathom the reason why you would feel the need to 'ingratiate yourself' with a particular camp. Surely is it not more just a classic case of particular issues tending to be 'polarizing ones'? i.e. it's difficult to sustain a middle ground on Mancini in the face of blinkered attitudes on both sides; you inevitably tend to be drawn into the defence of the set that you most agree with. I find the whole idea of posters judging 'which way the wind is blowing' extremely dubious.

Don't you know that:

internet-serious-business.jpg

Didsbury Dave said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
I bet most of the 5% include people who hold the same opinion as you with regards to Mancini, right or wrong?

No. Didn't you read my previous post?

m27, Soulboy, Tomlie's Hairdo, 1 Barry Conlon, Pigeonio, giossidestep...I could go on.

All Mancini fans and all people I respect. All bright enough to realise an opinion on something on the club doesn't make you less of a fan. And happy to argue the toss without abuse and childishness.

Woah! Hold on a sec DD... A Mancini "fan"? That's a bit strong!

I've not been a fan of a player or a manager since John Bond sold Steve Mackenzie and broke my heart! I'm ONLY a fan of City... players and managers come and go, so I have little attachment to them. They are paid to do a job... and that's it!

I supported Mancini last season because I felt it was still his honeymoon period, and I'm an advocate that you can't judge a manager (or a player) for at least a few months while they settle in.

But once he reached the end of the season, Mancini's honeymoon period was over and he would be judged by his achievements, and only his achievemnents.

I stated a few months ago that I thought he cocked up the summer transfer window with a few questionable signings and a fair few gaps still apparent in the squad line-up. I felt he'd sort out the probelms behind the scenes... but he's still failed to do that. And I feel that the team is not being coached properly this season... now whether that is the fault of Platt, it's still Mancini's head on the block.

The only reason I am still "supporting" Mancini is that there is no realistic alternative. And until that happens, we are going to have to stick with him and hope it all pans out alright. Do I think he is capable of bringing success? Yes. But there are other factors in play at the moment as well...

But come the end of the season (and we both agree that there is no point in making an unenforced change before then...) I would expect the club to take stock. Irrespective of where we finish, 6th. or 2nd. , or even 1st. I would still expect the club to review his position. If we can get better, then just like any player, we replace. But if we can't find better, then we have to stick.

My views are actually more in accord with yours than I think you realise, it's just that I am willing to wait for the right opportunity to present itself, or hope that Mancini can be the manager we all hope he can be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.