Adam Johnson guilty - 6 year sentence

He didn't plead guilty to the sexual activity charge of which he was convicted, though, and that was the charge that carried the heavier sentence.

He did plead guilty to the grooming, for which the sentencing range in the guidelines is stated to be betwen 1 and 2.5 years. However, he pleaded guilty so late (right before trial) that the judge said it would justify only a 10% reduction.

Seems the £3 million he has "earn't" whilst knowing he has been guilty may have cost him a year of his Freedom??

Those canings could be for anything though and maybe the laws have changed, plus if people are still committing that individual crime i'd still argue it isn't working.

Capital punishment is a disgrace and i'll never agree with it, anyway we're derailing the thread so lets leave it.

I know but the poster said that he thought he would appeal the sentence as well. Don't think he'll have much joy with either but you never know.

Neither do I.

The female teacher from Chadderton got 2 yrs suspended initially, then bumped up to 2 years imprisonment on appeal. So she got off lightly!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.