Adam Johnson guilty - 6 year sentence

"(Stuart) Hall is serving a 30-month jail term after he pleaded guilty to indecently assaulting 13 other girls, one as young as nine."

Looks very harsh on AJ.
That might be something similar to the Max Clifford one, where he had to be sentenced based on the crimes he committed back then, rather than by modern standards. I remember the judge saying in Clifford's case that if he'd committed the crimes this year, he would have been convicted of rape, but at the time he did it, it didn't constitute rape.

But yeah, it's a bit off that.

You've also got to consider that prison is supposed to be about protecting the public and rehabilitation. And there's an argument for giving someone who committed a crime a long time ago but hasn't committed any crimes since then a more lenient sentence, since they've shown that they're no longer a risk to the public.

Sexual offences committed against under age individuals is not determined by money, age, fame or whether you have idiotic tendencies or otherwise.

They are carried out by individuals who are incapable of forming a normal relationship with one individual and give in to temptation all too easily when they see an opportunity to do so.

Sometimes in fact almost all the time they see no consequences to either themselves or the effected victim as they do not see the victim as a victim.

In other words they possess sociopathic tendencies and in many cases are sociopaths.

The fact that he lied about it and only came clean when the evidence was overwhelming that a non guilty plea to all charges would lead to a heavier sentence clearly suggests to me he is a sociopath.

Most sociopaths are a product of their upbringing they are not born sociopaths and they cannot change.

it is estimated that around 4-5 per cent of the worlds population are sociopaths and that the percentage is increasing with the passage of time.

I hope this helps you better understand why Adam Johnson is who he is and why he can never change.

It has little to do with his fame or money other than the fact that his fame and money made it easier for him to do what he did as such.

Fair points, I suppose we generally only hear about the high profile idiots while this kind of sick shit goes on day after day around the world. Makes me sad.

We will see soon.

Regardless of evidence, what he sid was low. I still struggle to fathom why a pro footballer and would be rapist would book and pay for a room in his own name if he intended to rape.

Think the appeal is soon.
I dont see what booking a room has to do with it or how it can be any gauge to intent whatsoever. Do you realise for instance that a lady can consent to sex and then halfway through withdraw that consent? Say for instance that happened (forget the Ched Evans case, just hypothetically) and the man carried on having sex with a woman who had withdrawn that consent. That man would be guilty of rape, but would still have booked a room. So how does that indicate intent or anything? Does that make sense? Off topic i know, sorry mods.

I think it stated 10% in the summing up document a few pages back iirc.
Sentencing guidelines say the following. As well as reductions in sentence for showing genuine remorse the following reductions for pleading guilty would normally be expected.
First reasonable opportunity to plead guilty 1/3 reduction in sentence.
After a trial date is set 1/4 reduction in sentence.
At the door of the court of the court after the trial has begun 1/10 reduction in sentence.

As shown here, if he'd shown pleaded guilty as soon as he was accused, he might only be looking at years. Out in 24 months and he'd have done 12 months already. Had he not only pleaded guilty but had expressed genuine remorse (been to therapy to address his underlying sex issues, taken steps to sort his life out etc) he might have been looking at 2 and 1/2 years and could have been out this summer.
Arrogant Johnson deserves all he gets I'm afraid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.