Adam Johnson - How good is he really?

Great to see us sign a young(well quiite young) English player. He's played in prem before and won't need the 6 months that all foreigners seem to need to settle in. He can play both flanks and will be a descent option from the bench or when Bellers get's his usual injuries.

Another winger?

I don't get it. Maybe Mancini signs him against his wish.

Maybe the club signs him just to be politically correct. He's British, he's young.

Is he any better than Petrov or Phillips?

When will we have the diamond midfield?

DannyMFC said:
People saying he is two-footed haven't watched him! he constantly cuts inside and tries to take everyone on, sometimes resulting in a stunning goal but quite often it is frustrating. As for his attitude, with us at least, leaves a lot to be desired. I'm not bitter or anything and i'm sure he'll work hard for you, but that's how he was with us.
Sounds familiar!------Santos will be after him soon.

lostgalaxy said:
Another winger?

Maybe the club signs him just to be politically correct. He's British, he's young.

Petrov = Short Term, Johnson = Long Term.

Mancini seems to like options and variety, he changes the set-up around a lot.

Everyone needs to stop worrying about weiss, he plays on the right, johnson plays on the left

prob cover for bellers this season but eventually will be first choice, maybe

lostgalaxy said:
Another winger?

you mean buster phillips - the first £10m player? not a chance!

DannyMFC said:
Boro season ticket holder here- Johnson is a good player although i have serious doubts about whether he has the capacity to be a top premier league winger (inconsistent). Amongst boro fans it is agreed he is nowhere near as good as Downing. whenever he has got the ball this season we have sat up and expected something but his crossing leaves a lot to be desired (don't even get me started on his right foot!) and is ball greedy a lot, but that's in a pretty dire boro team. He's very lightweight and not as quick as you perhaps may think, overall Petrov is a better player. Having said that he may flourish in your team and i hope he does, all the best Jinky!

my boro supporting colleague thinks he's better than downing, by virtue of his goalscoring capability. says he knew he'd go a prem team but expected it to be someone like villa or everton.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.