Adam Johnson: Joining Manchester City is bad for your career

He looked grey-skinned and pallid when he started the game, was obviously ill, I guess his ego got the better of him, again.

Had it been any other team he was due to play against, I bet he wouldn't have taken to the pitch.

Adam Johnson is thoughtfully picking over his title-winning, medal-laden spell at Manchester City and comes up with some devastating conclusions.

And asked if young English players should do what he did, and jump at the chance to sign for the champions, his advice would probably be not to bother.

...unless you wanted to win trophies.

Think they missed that bit off

Damocles said:

Adam Johnson is thoughtfully picking over his title-winning, medal-laden spell at Manchester City and comes up with some devastating conclusions.

And asked if young English players should do what he did, and jump at the chance to sign for the champions, his advice would probably be not to bother.

...unless you wanted to win trophies.

Think they missed that bit off
English players don't stand a chance at city

Hence the 6 England internationals we fielded today.

Really expected better from AJ. He wasnt good enough to beat the likes of Silva/Nasri/Toure. Thought he wouldve been a little more mature about this.

At the end of the day, he got beat by a team with Barry, Hart, Milner, Lescott and Richards all starting. If you are good enough, you'll start for the team, regardless of where youre from. There is this expectancy in English football that "7/10 + English" is greater than "8+/10 + Foreign". These English players are playing for City because they can cut it for City. End of story. There is a reason why Barcelona/Madrid etc arent snapping up all these great young English wonderkids that the press keep inventing.

Adam offered nothing defensively. He's played shit since going to Sunderland. They have 1 win out of 7 games. Has he even got an assist for them yet? O'Neil will bench him eventually. He's not delivering for them, unlike their other newboy Fletcher.

sergiokun said:
Sort you own career out before you talk shite Aj and try put a decent shift in. Turning your man and scoring a goal doesn't make you a great player its your all round play that makes you stand out. We are building a new complex for all the new kids Johnson so them comments make you sound bitter. I was a fan of Aj but he was far to lazy

Did he play 32 times last season?

According to wiki, admittedly not a great source, but still a decent indication, he played 38 times in all competitions. Hardly lacking an opportunity to prove himself was he?

Johnson suffered from a lack of supply out to the right (which is still going on now), but when he did get a supply, he generally failed to set the world alight.

Some players expect the game to come to them (Johnson) and some players will come to the game (Milner, Zab). It makes a world of difference.

I wish Johnson well at Sunderland, but I fear his career peak has already passed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.