Adam Johnson: Joining Manchester City is bad for your career

Johnsons problem was be never ever tracked back and always left his full back exsopsed and last season he lost the ability to beat a man. I think Scott beaten more players in the first half of his home debut than Johnson did all of last season. We will proberly miss his goals because he was a great striker of a ball but you need more than that to play for a top club.<br /><br />-- Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:16 am --<br /><br />Also just read he said that no matter what he did yaya would be picked before him. Well Adam that's because he's a better player than you as is nasri, silva and mario.

Given the conflicting statements, I suspect that the interview has been judiciously edited to present a more negative slant on the club than johnson intends. It wouldn't be the first time.

So it's not that your not good enough, as you say, just that Yaya Toure was playing.

So what you are saying is that you are clearly not good enough to be better than Yaya.

Secondly, a player who does not even threaten any position you might have played in.

Strangely, Johnson felt so unloved and unappreciated he decided to sign a new £75,000 a week five year deal only back in January.

Revisionist shite.

They all get found out in the end.

SWP, Barton, Ireland, Robinho. Always someone else's fault until the penny drops at every club.

Before joining Sunderland, Adam Johnson assured Martin O'Neill that his "party lifestyle" had been consigned to history. As Johnson prepared to face his former employers at Manchester City on Saturday O'Neill acknowledged that he challenged the England winger about his off-field routines before paying City £10m for him this summer.

"I heard a few things about his lifestyle when I was trying to sign Adam," said Sunderland's manager. "I did mention it to him and he assured me that those things were mainly in the past and he has settled down now but the proof will be in the pudding. I think Lee Cattermole once told me the same thing. And I believed him then, bigger fool me!"

I think we helped his career, he learnt a lot about his game, however, he wasn't good enough defensively and sometimes going forward he lacked ideas.

He has also said if he scores he wont celebrate out of respect for the fans..... He always tried his best and left to get more first team football... I have nothing against him and hope he has a good future at Sunderland!

Don't get caught up in the media comments - almost anything players and managers say is twisted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.