Adam Johnson - Potentially how good?

I don't think he will ever be truly special out wide because he lacks pace and as we've already seen, he struggles against top full backs.

I wonder whether his future might be more central. Only thing I would worry about is his lack of defensive qualities but he could certainly make it 'at the top of a diamond'.

I agree with those who say its a bit early to say. His crossing could be better but there's no doubt he's a trier and will improve.
My big worry is that all of the PL know by now that, on the right flank, he won't go outside a back, nearly always trying to cut back inside. They'll be waiting!

Bale could give him a run for his money as the best winger (I haven't specified a paticualr side) in the Premiership, but we are gonna need to wait a season or two to see how they develop.

That's assuming Redknapp continues to play Bale on the wing and not much him back into defence. Also Johnson has the opportunity to play international football on the world stage, which can only help, Bale has Wales...

unbelievable tekkers. althoug i hate giggs, it's clear he has looked after himself , and been one of the premierships greatest players. AJ should take a look at his carrier because in terms of footballing ability, he has the potential to be better than giggs, but theres more to been a great footballer than just been good on the pitch you have to be good off the pitch..... like wayne rooney :S haha!!!!!

The clue is in the title.. yes he has great potential.. added to the fact he already is a very good winger.

He still hasn't had a full season in the prem but the 2 goals for England would have done shit loads for his confidence and he may try his luck a bit more at city..

IMO i think the team will be built around him in the next couple of years, we won't spend big again for a couple of years now because we have the players which i think can take us to the next level but when the likes of yaya toure and others start getting on abit and we buy again i think by then he will be at the top of his game and one of the best players at our club and the premier league

He will be a very good player, and will probably be able to play with us at the top level for the rest of his career.

Will he ever be 'world class', at the level of Messi etc? No. Of course not.

Johnson is now 23, Messi was as good as him or better when he was 16.

He will be good for us and have a long career with us, but try to keep things in perspective and not overhype him too much - then you won't have to abuse him when he has bad runs of form.

Potentially excellent or world class or maybe just average, that's the trouble with potential.

A couple of years ago many were talking about Micah Richards being potentially one of the best in the world, I couldn't see it myself. I think Johnson has more chance of a career at the top than Micah but you see the point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.