Adam Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrighty Wrexham said:
I was joking as the fact AJ is a left winger however Mancini always plays him on the right cutting in!

I would much prefer to see him on the left delivering quality crosses into the penalty box.
Not always and he played as a left winger against italy in the second half and we saw how that went....AJ is the one to blame with his attitude and workrate not Mancini. In a interwiew he also said he "prefers" to play on the right.

If he plays more than 60 mins he looks like he is trying to run in treacle, needs to get his attitude and fitness right.

Adam Johnson insists he does not want another season of being a bit-part player at Manchester City.

Johnson played 90 minutes in England's midweek win over Italy, but he appears unlikely to get the same playing time with City this weekend as they face Southampton on Sunday.

The 25-year-old featured 25 times for City in their Premier League winning campaign, but only 10 of those were starts and he completed 90 minutes just four times.

Johnson, who has been linked with moves to the likes of Tottenham, Liverpool, Everton and Sunderland, has admitted he does not want to go through the same this season.

"I'm the kind of player that needs to be playing regularly. Any player does really, no matter what age they are," he said.

"I need to play week-in, week-out. You can't just go into one game after not having played for five and be expected to perform.

"Like I said, it would be nice to get a run of games with England but I'm not sure if I'll get that chance at City. Time will tell."
England chance

Johnson was pleased to see action under Roy Hodgson after being left out of his squad for Euro 2012.

"It was brilliant to get 90 minutes for England. After the disappointment of the Euros, to get straight back in and start was fantastic and has given me a lot of confidence," he said.

"I enjoyed it as I had a bit more freedom and I felt good. The manager said he wants me to go out and express myself, feel free and take people on, which is what I like to do.

"I really enjoyed it and hopefully I can play a few more games. It would be nice to get a run of games with England and hopefully I can push on to the next qualifiers."

When he leaves for a mid table team like Liverpool or Everton he will wish he had worked harder to stay with a team going places.

I insist that I don't want another season of AJ giving half-hearted efforts and performing to about 40% of the rest of the side.

I want AJ to be up to par with the rest of the side which, unfortunately, he isn't.

If he needs to go out on loan for a season before we decide what to do with him, then so be it. It should bang up his value and - who knows - he may even play himself back into our 1st team plans.

Yer man Moose outdoes himself again, first Tevez now AJ.

Ian Abrahams ‏@BroadcastMoose

Expecting West Ham to make a bid for Adam Johnson at some stage today - I believe an enquiry has been made

Super David Silva 21 said:
Adam Johnson insists he does not want another season of being a bit-part player at Manchester City.

Johnson played 90 minutes in England's midweek win over Italy, but he appears unlikely to get the same playing time with City this weekend as they face Southampton on Sunday.

The 25-year-old featured 25 times for City in their Premier League winning campaign, but only 10 of those were starts and he completed 90 minutes just four times.

Johnson, who has been linked with moves to the likes of Tottenham, Liverpool, Everton and Sunderland, has admitted he does not want to go through the same this season.

"I'm the kind of player that needs to be playing regularly. Any player does really, no matter what age they are," he said.

"I need to play week-in, week-out. You can't just go into one game after not having played for five and be expected to perform.

"Like I said, it would be nice to get a run of games with England but I'm not sure if I'll get that chance at City. Time will tell."
England chance

Johnson was pleased to see action under Roy Hodgson after being left out of his squad for Euro 2012.

"It was brilliant to get 90 minutes for England. After the disappointment of the Euros, to get straight back in and start was fantastic and has given me a lot of confidence," he said.

"I enjoyed it as I had a bit more freedom and I felt good. The manager said he wants me to go out and express myself, feel free and take people on, which is what I like to do.

"I really enjoyed it and hopefully I can play a few more games. It would be nice to get a run of games with England and hopefully I can push on to the next qualifiers."

The arrogance in that is somethin' else.

city diehard said:
Super David Silva 21 said:

England chance

The arrogance in that is somethin' else.

where is there any arrogance at all?

city fans like to make scape goats of players way to much- dzeko, kolarov, johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.