Adam Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
bluebannana said:
city diehard said:
Super David Silva 21 said:
Adam Johnson insists he does not want another season of being a bit-part player at Manchester City.

Johnson played 90 minutes in England's midweek win over Italy, but he appears unlikely to get the same playing time with City this weekend as they face Southampton on Sunday.

The 25-year-old featured 25 times for City in their Premier League winning campaign, but only 10 of those were starts and he completed 90 minutes just four times.

Johnson, who has been linked with moves to the likes of Tottenham, Liverpool, Everton and Sunderland, has admitted he does not want to go through the same this season.

"I'm the kind of player that needs to be playing regularly. Any player does really, no matter what age they are," he said.

"I need to play week-in, week-out. You can't just go into one game after not having played for five and be expected to perform.

"Like I said, it would be nice to get a run of games with England but I'm not sure if I'll get that chance at City. Time will tell."
England chance

Johnson was pleased to see action under Roy Hodgson after being left out of his squad for Euro 2012.

"It was brilliant to get 90 minutes for England. After the disappointment of the Euros, to get straight back in and start was fantastic and has given me a lot of confidence," he said.

"I enjoyed it as I had a bit more freedom and I felt good. The manager said he wants me to go out and express myself, feel free and take people on, which is what I like to do.

"I really enjoyed it and hopefully I can play a few more games. It would be nice to get a run of games with England and hopefully I can push on to the next qualifiers."

The arrogance in that is somethin' else.

where is there any arrogance at all?

city fans like to make scape goats of players way to much- dzeko, kolarov, johnson

I agree, people having a go because he wants to leave, I don't blame him he has alot of talent and doesn't get enough games, he should move to play more and there is nothing wrong with him saying that.

He has ZERO influence on a game for roughly 89 mins and 40 seconds.

The other 20 seconds you will see him maybe win a penalty by cutting inside or the odd peppered shot.

Decent Impact player when the opposition are getting tired or if they have poor left sided players

Time to get shut. Wont improve his performances or mindset

bluedan said:
He has ZERO influence on a game for roughly 89 mins and 40 seconds.

The other 20 seconds you will see him maybe win a penalty by cutting inside or the odd peppered shot.
bluedan said:
Decent Impact player when the opposition are getting tired or if they have poor left sided players

Time to get shut. Wont improve his performances or mindset

sounds pretty good to me, scoring a goal or winning a penalty, its not exactly zero influence ?

Zero influence for 89 mins. I agree he can do something that can change a game but this is why he doesn't/shouldnt start games.

People getting on his back straight away just cause he said he wants to play first team football ? Johnson is a good player, but unfortunately for him, he is not a world class winger. I don't blame him for maybe wanting to leave, if you're a footballer, the one thing you want to be doing is playing. Not sitting on the bench watching everyone else milk the success. If he leaves, I wish him all the best, but ideally I would like him to stay. He is a good winger that gives us something new apart from the intricate play. He still has the ability to have a real impact against a vast majority of the teams in this league. He hardly played last year and he still managed to score more goals than Nasri. He may go missing at times, but he always manages to do something and that something could be the difference between winning the league and not. If Johnson hadn't have scored some of the goals he did last year, we may not have won the league on goal difference or,for example, if he hadn't have scored the opener away at Blackburn, we may never have scored and we would have lost the title on points. Just cause a player wants to play first team football, like every player on the planet, does not mean we should get on his back

some idiots on here always waiting to spill the same old rhetoric about Johnson. I hope he leaves, because I agree with him in that he is too good to be a bit part player. And being a bit part player has made him regress over the last year or so, but watch him go to another club and excel. I would put money on it.

Watching England the other day and as he was the only city player on, I tended to concentrate on him. And when ever England got the chance to break etc, Johnson would practically walk up the pitch....Whether that's down to fitness or attitude...or both. He's not a starter.

Its entirely up to him really, would he rather be a squad play at a club going places and not bother trying to improve his game top get into the first team or would he rather go to a club outside the top 5 where he is guaranteed first team?

Personally I think this is what's wrong with most young English players they just have no fight in them, at least Hart, Lescott and Richards upped their game and fought for first team football...

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Its entirely up to him really, would he rather be a squad play at a club going places and not bother trying to improve his game top get into the first team or would he rather go to a club outside the top 5 where he is guaranteed first team?

Personally I think this is what's wrong with most young English players they just have no fight in them, at least Hart, Lescott and Richards upped their game and fought for first team football...

he does have fight though. He just wants first team action, which he will get at other clubs. how anyone can have a go at a player for wanting to play more is beyond me

He needs to ask himself this question.

Why did James Milner play on the right hand side in the bigger games. eg at away at OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.