Adam Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
people are too harsh on AJ, at the beginning of the season before last he was on fire and when he got injured people were counting down the days till he came back (though he never really hit the ground running). He scored a good few goals for us, lets not forget how important that was to winning the title and he's not afraid to have a shot outside the box & aint to bad at them either. For 17.5m though i think it would be best for everyone if he went, it'd be good if he develops into a starter but can't see that happening with us anymore.

blue soon? said:
people are too harsh on AJ, at the beginning of the season before last he was on fire and when he got injured people were counting down the days till he came back (though he never really hit the ground running). He scored a good few goals for us, lets not forget how important that was to winning the title and he's not afraid to have a shot outside the box & aint to bad at them either. For 17.5m though i think it would be best for everyone if he went, it'd be good if he develops into a starter but can't see that happening with us anymore.

He's become the whipping boy, I'm afraid.

I'm assuming he'll leave for the sake of his career and I'll be sad to see him go. He'll make a great signing for someone who plays him every week.

He's dangerous. He hurts teams. Give him the ball around the box and he makes things happen with those quick feet.

Didsbury Dave said:
blue soon? said:

I'm assuming he'll leave for the sake of his career and I'll be sad to see him go. He'll make a great signing for someone who plays him every week.

He's dangerous. He hurts teams. Give him the ball around the box and he makes things happen with those quick feet.

Agreed, id love to see him get a few games behind the striker - for England too where we need a bit of creativity.

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
Anyone else think he's one of the best finishers at the club?
Yeah, his finishing is brilliant. Before every game when the lads are warming up and everyones taking shots he always has the most accurate/best shots.

I said in another adam johnson thread, we are going to sign another winger which will mean a.j chances are even more limited and his value goes down even more, he will also be 25 by the start of the season so will he really improve that much?
If we can get 10mill+ for him I would sell bring in bale and give weiss a squad role.<br /><br />-- Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:42 pm --<br /><br />
Didsbury Dave said:
blue soon? said:

Didn't hurt sunderland when he was playing against there 4th choice left back did he, his best games are against average opposition at home we need a winger who will perform in those tough away games like against fulham, stoke etc.

Looks like he's kind of stagnated, was hugely promising a few years back, it was clear he was far better than Downing at Boro even as a youngster.

Not really kicked on though, surprised he hasnt forced a move by this stage, but you're in a great position to win more titles in the next few years so I'd say it's not an easy choice.

This is one of those times where I wish I'd posted my thoughts way back when thinking em. I think Johnson would be a cracking signing for Liverpool. I think he has some serious quality, but also some big flaws so providing the price is right, I'd wish him well and send him on his way - I do think he'll be better for them than in our setup though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.