Adam Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edwaardz said:
You look at United getting Kagawa for £14million and Dortmund getting Reus for £12million and you have to think, why can't we get a player of this quality for a fee like that with the money we've received from Johnson's departure.

Same thing with Witsel. Cost £6m, price 1 year later: £30m.

Isco will probably be the next one.

smithy167 said:
hgblue said:
cleavers said:
We've made a profit on a player we actually bought, a decent one, this should be enough for a celebration in itself.

Not if you happen to think the player is a quality one. I'm gutted.
The guy hardly played for us why are you gutted?
Mancrush?

Good luck to him. Was buzzing when he first joined and looked a world beater but he has steadily stagnated and this move is the best for both parties.

Cheers AJ.

alexnash13 said:
I'm glad he's gone. He had the potential to be amazing, he just thought he was already their. Lazy, always went to parties, always complained when he wasn't picked and only had 3 games that i can remember when he actually did something this season. He'll be great for a team like Sunderland, he's that kind of player. But not at a big club. Does anyone know how much we got for him ? Sky sports are saying undisclosed.

I agree, good luck to him but I can't see us regretting this one.

I want us to get Schurrle. We won't get Schurrle.

Gaylord du Bois said:
citytill1die84 said:
cleavers said:
We struggled when he was here mate, how many games did he change for us ?

He changed a few games for us Newcastle and Blackburn off top of my head also got a late equaliser at Sunderland.
You really can't expect him to spend the rest of his career with us playing 20min cameos.
Sinclair is young and hungry and will go flat out to impress,which is sadly not something AJ is about anymore.

Didn't want him to stay I was just saying he changed a few games for us.

avoidconfusion said:
Great now we have no winger at all. This transfer window has been utter shambles so far. Why don't we sell Dzeko to Juve for 15m as well while we are at it without replacing him.

Johnson was never going to be a first team player and we play with wing backs and when the manager prefers to play full backs as wing backs rather than a winger then the writing was always on the wall.

hgblue said:
SWP's back said:
hgblue said:
I'm not as he wasn't quality. If he was, he'd be starting. I am thrilled.

I understand that the majority don't rate him, that's fair enough. I'm amongst the minority that thinks he's a quality player, which is why I'm gutted with this news.
Shouldn't you then be happy for him to go elsewhere and play to his potential within the confines of a level to which he's more suited.

hgblue said:
SWP's back said:
hgblue said:
I'm not as he wasn't quality. If he was, he'd be starting. I am thrilled.

I understand that the majority don't rate him, that's fair enough. I'm amongst the minority that thinks he's a quality player, which is why I'm gutted with this news.

I think he's a good player, but not consistent enough, thats why im happy letting him go (and profit) , I hope this transfer will let us spend some serious cash in the last week of the window

Blue Haze said:
Edwaardz said:
You look at United getting Kagawa for £14million and Dortmund getting Reus for £12million and you have to think, why can't we get a player of this quality for a fee like that with the money we've received from Johnson's departure.

Same thing with Witsel. Cost £6m, price 1 year later: £30m.

Isco will probably be the next one.
Yep. I can see us going for Isco next year and Malaga demanding £30million. Why not get him now for £12-15million and give them Suarez on loan or something. (I know Suarez isn't anywhere near as good).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.