Additional time

Teams wasted time in the hope they could nick a win or a draw off us with 5 minutes to go.
How will this change anything. ?
Arsenal did it yesterday.
Your bang on mate but the added time is the fault of clubs and managers, they call it game management we called it time wasting and it’s coached into players at a young age now. The FA and referees association are reacting to it because they believe it’s gone to far, I agree with them, it is now up to all clubs and players to adapt. Hopefully it’s not something that just melts away like the goalkeeper 6 seconds rule, we’ll see.
The behaviour of players and managers and their staff towards the officials is disgusting and has been for a long time.

Your bang on mate but the added time is the fault of clubs and managers, they call it game management we called it time wasting and it’s coached into players at a young age now. The FA and referees association are reacting to it because they believe it’s gone to far, I agree with them, it is now up to all clubs and players to adapt. Hopefully it’s not something that just melts away like the goalkeeper 6 seconds rule, we’ll see.
The behaviour of players and managers and their staff towards the officials is disgusting and has been for a long time.
Re your last paragraph. I totally agree and was pleased to see the first three bookings for kicking the ball away and Artetas rant demanding a yellow card.

I watched a Championship game at weekend and the commentary said the extra time will go on the stadium screen as a countdown . We all know which two teams don’t have screens !!
Yes it does but like yesterday the extra extra time wasn’t !

I’m not impressed with the new rules. 8 minutes? Pep is livid so am I. Also bookings rule. Arsenal player didn’t deserve a booking. A foul yes not a booking. Alverez too . Not good for the game this.more injuries to player’s health as far as I’m concerned. Too many games and too mush time added on it’s not good. Then I saw that stupid head of refs in the stands that ex Man U ref. Oh well done not
The bookings were for delaying the start of play. Something that’s also new this season and was explained to all players before the season started.

It was also explained on Bluemoon in the thread about the new rule changes for this season. Just like the increased amount of added time as per IFABs direction (just like in the World Cup).

Considering how many of our fans, me included, get fucking frustrated by time wasting when it goes against us, I’m not sure why everyone’s having a fanny wobble now.

It’s gone against us once, but will be far more likely to benefit us (as we score the highest number of goals per minute and usually concede the fewest).

The bookings were for delaying the start of play. Something that’s also new this season and was explained to all players before the season started.

It was also explained on Bluemoon in the thread about the new rule changes for this season. Just like the increased amount of added time as per IFABs direction (just like in the World Cup).

Considering how many of our fans, me included, get fucking frustrated by time wasting when it goes against us, I’m not sure why everyone’s having a fanny wobble now.

It’s gone against us once, but will be far more likely to benefit us (as we score the highest number of goals per minute and usually concede the fewest).

Exactly. This will significantly benefit us over the course of a season.

I just had a thought added time is going to favour the cheats.

The time wasting team going 1-nil down with 5 minutes to play. The times wasting team than get award an extra 11 minutes to score an equaliser.
Usually teams waste time because they’re winning or already have the result the would be happy with.

It’s far more likely to impact the lesser teams than help them.

Said before, stoppage time is a stupid and antiquated concept.

Stop the clock whenever the game stops. Whether it's throw ins, fouls, whatever.

As soon as 45 or 90 mins goes, the game runs until the ball is off the field. A lot of other sports manage to do this so football can adapt.
That would make the game go on for around 30-40 minutes longer than it currently does.

City had the highest average time in play last season with 60 minutes. Newcastle the lowest with 51 minutes.

There was the obligatory Arsenal drinks break around 57 mins which took about 2 minutes, and City’s celebrations I suppose. Can’t think of more than 5 or 6 minutes total in the second half, it really was played quite fairly with no time-wasting or VAR checks.

Again it’s a good idea that will be implemented badly by the Premier League. If they’re keeping a tally of the minutes to add on during each half then surely they could put a notification on the screens as the halves progress. So after each stoppage the additional time is updated.

Yesterday was a pre-meditated exercise by the PL/refs to show the power they have now. I’m not against adding the time on but it will be abused. Those involved in relegation fights at the end of the season, perhaps unsure if they need a win or draw, will be interesting games.

Spot on.

While genuine time wasting and the ball being out of play needs addressing,yesterday did not warrat such.

They literally made that number up to solve a problem that they have invented.Its a huge shame as up until that point,the officiating left little to complain about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.