Additional time

I didnt think there was much time wasting yesterday and was expecting around 4 minutes added time.

Going by yesterday I expect some games at the Etihad to be around 20 added minutes each half.

Once the tv companys start moaning that this is ruining their running times and losing advertising time, it will ho back to the normal 4 minutes

Simple thing is for the ref to ref the game correctly and book time wasters

If its a tv game they might insist that they go for a break on 90mins when they come back from the advert the time goes up

Whilst the idea of additional time is the right one how was eight minutes arrived at today. One injury which took about two minutes maximum out of the game and the subs which were actually quicker than normal. There was no time wasting as we saw last season. I reckoned on five or six maximum. The first few weeks of the season are going to see some ridiculous amounts of time added on with little or no justification. You could see Pep querying the amount today with the fourth official. It’s just going to be a random figure of between seven and twelve minutes in most cases.
Pretty much the whole game was a waste of time, the exception being Palmers' excellent composed strike to make it 1-0.

No idea how they judge it. Just more inconsistent decision making. The head injuries and a wicked deflection cost us the game.
Nail on head. This will be arbitrary lacking objectivity hence inconsistency and potential for unfairness. They probably need some kind of an injury clock or stop the clock so that everything is handled as evenly as possible.

Sadly although I think in theory its not a bad idea in reality combined with VAR its going to make games far easier for officials to "manipulate" (just look at old trafford last year),
Yesterday there was no way 8mins should have been added in the first place but because it was a shiny new rule they wanted to try out we all knew it would be around 7-10 mins added just to show everyone what might happen in games this year,
The people at the top really dont want us winning the league again this year so its going to be quite interesting to see how they use VAR & this new timekeeping rule to try & screw us over,
Hopefully we are good enough to get round any weird decisions but its going to be interesting watching them try :-)
After that goal at the rags last season it's hard to see how they can get any more imaginative but who knows.

Refs watch had to be linked to the score board it’s the only way it can be transparent, no way it was 8 mins, even with all the subs and goal celebration.

Teams that are doing the time wasting shouldn't be benefiting from late goals. An official should be monitoring it and then inform the ref of the minutes which that team has wasted. They should then play the whole injury time only if the opposing team manager wants, if he declines, then they only play the injury time which wasn't time wasting. It just doesn't seem fair that a team with no ambition gets some kind of result from their own time wasting.

I see the BBCs article on time wasting being added on is absolutely crammed with comments from idiots complaining about Peps thoughts on it. I'm looking forward to the first time it impacts their teams results, no doubt they'll all be offering apologies about how they were wrong :)

Said before, stoppage time is a stupid and antiquated concept.

Stop the clock whenever the game stops. Whether it's throw ins, fouls, whatever.

As soon as 45 or 90 mins goes, the game runs until the ball is off the field. A lot of other sports manage to do this so football can adapt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.