Additional time

I would prefer a shorter game but stop the clock every time there is an injury, goal or substitution, like rugby. Also keep playing after the allotted time until the ball goes out of play.
it really is that simple isnt it been saying it for ages...noone seems to be seeing this solution which is fair and transparent to everyone ..just add more yellow cards for "blatant time wasting" on goal kicks and throw ins and also stop clocks on pennos and VAR checks (in addition to injuries, goals and subs as you suggest) and you have a winner.

Cant believe noone in the media or punditdom seems even to be comtemplating this, its so easy to fix.

Usually teams waste time because they’re winning or already have the result the would be happy with.

It’s far more likely to impact the lesser teams than help them.
It’s still in their interests to waste time though, as breaking the rhythm of the attacking play is equally as important to the bus parkers as wasting time.

Its just another thing that pgmol refuse to be transparent about, thats why everyone thinks football is bent because pgmol refuse to be transparent, in all other sports we can hear the conversations between video officials and match officials but in football they staunchly refuse to do this without any good reasoning, same with the time added on, there is no good reasoning that there cant be an independent time keeper unless you're using the time to manipulate the result.

There isnt any reason for PGMOL not to be transparent apart from they are manipulating results.

The daft thing about the new rules is how long a player stays off after a so-called injury. les arse player goes down with no-one near him. The game stops (time-out) for 3 minutes. Player goes off then comes back on 30 seconds later. The rule should be that you are off the amount of time you were down.
that is a move for better though it punishes play acting
how many used to act like leg broken and run back on like spring chicken

The bookings were for delaying the start of play. Something that’s also new this season and was explained to all players before the season started.

It was also explained on Bluemoon in the thread about the new rule changes for this season. Just like the increased amount of added time as per IFABs direction (just like in the World Cup).

Considering how many of our fans, me included, get fucking frustrated by time wasting when it goes against us, I’m not sure why everyone’s having a fanny wobble now.

It’s gone against us once, but will be far more likely to benefit us (as we score the highest number of goals per minute and usually concede the fewest).

This is bob on. I’m actually aghast at how idiotic football fans are sometimes. It is no wonder this sport is stuck in the Stone Age when any change is met with attitudes like this.

2022: “Why don’t referees properly track the time wasted and punish players for time wasting tactics?” Said every single fucking person on this forum.

2023: “Why are referees booking players for kicking the ball away? Why is there 10 minutes added on? Ridiculous, the game is gone!”

It’s farcical. What do you people actually want?

I hope every player that kicks the ball away when it isn’t theirs to touch gets booked, relentlessly. I hope every player that feigns injury has to spend a minute on the touch line before coming back on. I hope referees add 15 minutes onto the game if 15 minutes of play have been lost, regardless of who wasted the time, I want matches with a commensurate and equal playing time. I don’t want what just benefits us (though this obviously will for anybody with a brain).

Why do I want this? Because this sport is currently a laughing stock. This stuff has been eradicated in every other sport known to man but not football. And I’m fucking sick of it. The fact other fans are happy to go back to letting wanker teams waste time like utter dicks because they don’t like the fact Arsenal equalised in the 100th minute is so incredibly short-sighted. How can you not remember how fucking frustrating the Everton and Forest games were last year? Goldfish-like memories.

And as for the people saying we’ll only get 4 minutes when we’re losing… tin foil hat myopic nonsense. I will gladly take a bet that we will always get at least 8 minutes of added time in the league when we’re losing, as long as they continue to apply the rules as they currently are.

Its just another thing that pgmol refuse to be transparent about, thats why everyone thinks football is bent because pgmol refuse to be transparent, in all other sports we can hear the conversations between video officials and match officials but in football they staunchly refuse to do this without any good reasoning, same with the time added on, there is no good reasoning that there cant be an independent time keeper unless you're using the time to manipulate the result.

There isnt any reason for PGMOL not to be transparent apart from they are manipulating results.
It’s not just PGMOL though, it’s every referee body in UEFA.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.