Ade Durham on Talksport

I was speaking to Adrian last night, and today as he contacted me about ordering a copy of my latest book for his lad, who is a blue. He’s nothing but complementary about us as seen in this message.

For the record I sent him a book free of charge after that performance on TS.

View attachment 107779
Nice of him to get a shout in for @oakiecokie

it's affecting our recruitment of young fans. We are the cheating club who can't fill their stadium and don't make any noise. That's it now. It's not an attractive sell for daft young kids.

Luckily we win everything and are likeable, which helps, but we need to be setting a narrative, even a siege narrative, in the way that Durham portrays.
I’m going to disagree.

I’ve never seen so many youngsters with City shirts on particularly with Haaland on the back.

I heard a lad call a little girl wearing a City top a cheat a while ago. She said yeah well your team is just crap and the lad had no comeback as the rest of her mates laughed at him.

Kids don’t care about court cases. Winners are always unpopular with rival fans in the UK. United were the team with no Mancunians…so what? Kids choose winners when they pick their team round about the age of 7. It’s ages since I’ve seen a rag shirt on a kid and they used to be everywhere.

Thats just in the UK. As you know the UK is a tiny part of the global market. As a recent example @Ric posted how City are the most watched team in the USA.

Our fan base is increasing faster than just about any other club in the World.

Don't believe the lies. It’s jealousy and it isn’t working.

Last edited:
Really.... so how does it work then?
I do believe we have the fastest growing fan base worldwide, is that down to recruitment policy.?
It's called popularity and admiration for how you play and what you achieve - as in everything.
Imagine what ours would be if we were given a fair and respectful coverage - instead of all the constant caveats and undermining.

Reactions: PPT
It's called popularity and admiration for how you play and what you achieve - as in everything.
Imagine what ours would be if we were given a fair and respectful coverage - instead of all the constant caveats and undermining.
I know what it is, I was asking is it a recruitment policy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.