Ade Durham on Talksport

I’m going to disagree.

I’ve never seen so many youngsters with City shirts on particularly with Haaland on the back.

I heard a lad call a little girl wearing a City top a cheat a while ago. She said yeah well your team is just crap and the lad had no comeback as the rest of her mates laughed at him.

Kids don’t care about court cases. Winners are always unpopular with rival fans in the UK. United were the team with no Mancunians…so what? Kids choose winners when they pick their team round about the age of 7. It’s ages since I’ve seen a rag shirt on a kid and they used to be everywhere.

Thats just in the UK. As you know the UK is a tiny part of the global market. As a recent example @Ric posted how City are the most watched team in the USA.

Our fan base is increasing faster than just about any other club in the World.

Don't believe the lies. It’s jealousy and it isn’t working.
It’s difficult to know the truth of the true impact. I don’t live in Manchester any more, I live in West Yorkshire, and while there are more City shirts around I’m not convinced it’s as many as a team as dominant as ours should be getting. Globally I agree with you but I know my lads are hit with a barrage of shit on social media, a lot of it is outright lies. I also read today that Spurs are selling more shirts than us.

It’s difficult to know the truth of the true impact. I don’t live in Manchester any more, I live in West Yorkshire, and while there are more City shirts around I’m not convinced it’s as many as a team as dominant as ours should be getting. Globally I agree with you but I know my lads are hit with a barrage of shit on social media, a lot of it is outright lies. I also read today that Spurs are selling more shirts than us.
It might be different in West Yorkshire Dave, where Leeds are still on a popularity and high and the bin dippers have convinced Asian communities that Liverpool is some sort of anti racism utopia. That said, our fitness in the West Yorks OSC Branch are seeing strong membership growth.

In North Yorkshire, City support is booming:

There’s been a table printed where Spurs are in the top for shirt sales and merchandising and Coty aren’t. Knowledgable people have questioned whether the information is out there to
Produce such a table and what time period is it for. I don’t know enough about the availability of merchandising sales to say whether comparable info between clubs is available.

IIRC, City shirt sales doubled in Haaland’s first season. Match day membership sales have doubled in the last 18 months. OSC membership has risen by about 70% in the last 18 months and we now have 398 Branches. We are going in the right direction.

There’s been a table printed where Spurs are in the top for shirt sales and merchandising and Coty aren’t. Knowledgable people have questioned whether the information is out there to
Produce such a table and what time period is it for. I don’t know enough about the availability of merchandising sales to say whether comparable info between clubs is available.

IIRC, City shirt sales doubled in Haaland’s first season. Match day membership sales have doubled in the last 18 months. OSC membership has risen by about 70% in the last 18 months and we now have 398 Branches. We are going in the right direction.
These branches outside of the UK should only get access to home match tickets in my very humble opinion

No way should someone from Arkansas get access to an away ticket but they do

That is one thing that pisses me off

These branches outside of the UK should only get access to home match tickets in my very humble opinion

No way should someone from Arkansas get access to an away ticket but they do

That is one thing that pisses me off
That’s the view of most of the U.K. Branches lol That said, we were selling out Copenhagen when Utd couldn’t sell out Young Boys because of long standing Blues in the Scandinavian Branch. Many of them have been going for 50 years. They deserve their share as long as there is an OSc allocation.

This topic is about Durham’s comments on Talkshite btw. I know tickets are hard to come by for Liverpool away so like the Derby Bkues get focussed on tickets. I just use my points so I’ve missed out on Liverpool away when I normally got one if the game moved to a Sunday. I don’t begrudge all the pull through tickets and 18-25 allocation who are the future of the Club

WE are definitely going in the right direction, I know that. Great to see that turnout in Harrogate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.