Adebayor and Ireland + £40m for Torres and Gerrard

Absolute no brainer, if this were at all true we should be going through with this. Alas it will not be.

Gerrard and Torres are better than what we have but are injury prone, whiners and cheats. No way would I even swap Ireland and Ade for them not to mind pay money on top. People can call me deluded if they want but a deal like this would make next season's team feel a lot less Cityesque. I want us to build a shiney new team on top of solid academy foundations. Last year I could understand the prem proven incomings but surely we are past that now and not just be a team spliced together of ex Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea players. Where's the f*ckin imagination? How can I be proud of City for breaking the backs of the old gaurd if we are just a clone or a retirement home for them. Let Gerrard and Torres go to Spain and roll around a lot as they like to do. Let us get the best youth around and try and do the best we can with that - whatever that may be. Who cares about winning the league. The joy will be in the trying.

its not as easy to say take these players and we give you them, all the players have to agree. Why would Ade accept a huge pay cut to go to Liverpool? Even if City dont want Adebayor after 12 months, the man has 4 years left on his 140k contract, you think he's just gonna leave that easily? Also you guys need to be more creative with your money, Gerrard is past his best and going fownhill, paying huge fee for him will not get you where you want

I hope that part of any money is dependent on appearances. For example, we only pay some of it if Torres is available for 85% of matches over two years.

Would rather keep Ade than sign Torres.

No i'm not insane. Torres is the best striker in the world....but he's not fit and hasn't been for quite a while.

If we lose Ade, we'll be back to Tevez + a permanently injured Santa Cruz and a 'can't play twice in one week' Bellamy.

So no thanks.

Plus it'll be bullshit - The Adebayor bit of the story

Dubai Blue said:
goat boy said:
ireland only worth 10m? next on whatever you're smoking please mate.
I'm afraid you're deluding yourself if you think we'd get over that for him now. In fact, I doubt we'd even get more than £8m for him at the moment.

I think some people live in a time bubble and still think its March 2009 when Ireland was playing well and worth about 18 million but after the season he just had, i think 8 million would be a great price for a bench warmer

Not only is Gerrard one of the most overated players in the last ten years he`s now in decline...............Michael Johnson will hopefully be fully fit this season and in my opinion a far better player.

Torres, or rather a fit Torres would be nice, but does such a thing exist anymore?.........to many question marks to be paying that kind of money...........Anyway its the notw, so another pile of sh*te is my bet.

And why people have turned on Ade is a f*cking joke, he has had no decent service for most of the season, that will be fixed when Bob gets a midfield together, and still banged a good few in

de niro said:
i'd take that tbh, stevie wont be here next season, ade is gash, we weaken a rival for next season.

There is sooo much wrong with this statement.

1. Ade scored 14 goals in 26 Premiership games. He kept having a stop start season in terms of bans and ANC and all that went with that.

2. Ireland won't be here next season. This we don't know.

3. Rivals? Liverpool? We've bigger fish to fry now they are in free fall and we are on the up. Chelsea and United are our rivals. I think we'll get top 3 next year :o)

Lets get a few things straight
1. When the fuck did Ade say he wasn't happy here?
2. Why the fuck would we give up a 23 year old promising academy product whose had 1 bad season, for a soon to be 31 year old?
3. Why the fuck would Ade or Steven even agree to go to Liverpool?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.