Adebayor at Spurs tonight....

kiam06 said:
Not happy with this deal to be honest we are strengthening a rival, they will add Diarra aswell and one or two more so not good.

A Gago - Adebayor deal would have been more sensible IMO.
On monday we will be 9 points clear of them, they are not our rivals anymore, united and chelsea are.

Couldn't miss him in that half empty stadium. Thought Spurs had 100million fans on the waiting list??

Paying a loan fee of 2-3m so we will then pay other half of wages with that.

Iv just got home from work and seen this and cant believe we have let them have one of our players on loan,its fucking stupid!

Im livid and also gutted that we have helped them,people saying they aint near us etc are wrong imo,they wont be that far away from us and sunday is gonna be a right hard game!

Not looking forward to it!

: (

What a mad thing to do,loaning him to them...

bluefromleve32 said:
whosonthebench said:
Anthony_18 said:
I really can't fathom loaning a player out to a rival especially when they arn't even paying his full wages. Surely he could of been flogged to a French or Italien team for the season.

They're not our rivals ;-)

any team who can finish in the top 4 is our rival. i dont get why we let the lazy **** go to spurs. spanish, italian or german clubs could afford his part wage
what you worried about,if hes a lazy bastard,you obviously know hes a top player who can cause damage.the guy just wants to play,can you blame hin for that, i have no axe to grind with ade,i like him and think hes had a slightly raw deal.if were all honest tevez has caused my beloved club a lot more embarrasment than ade and tev was captain.anyway i wish him good luck.GOOD LUCK ADE-CMON CITY

Shooter 83 said:
Couldn't miss him in that half empty stadium. Thought Spurs had 100million fans on the waiting list??

Paying a loan fee of 2-3m so we will then pay other half of wages with that.

we really are not ones to banter with when it comes to Cup attendances last season.

Not one to come on other teams boards shouting a load of abuse, and I merely came on here to see what you lot made of Adebayor joining us on loan this evening. A couple of things that have wound me up a bit though if I'm honest, and felt the need to register and at least comment politely.

Firstly the attendance thing mentioned about us. We 90% filled the ground tonight for a game where we were 5-0 up and coasting from the first leg, I think that's pretty expensive, and our general attendance vs capacity for cup games is very strong, and for league games is impeccable.

On the note of us not being considered rivals anymore, I can understand the view that your spending has meant it's very very likely, if not a given, you will finish above us. What does frustrate me is the arrogance that seems to accompany this view, as looking at the last two seasons...

Season 1 - we finish 4th, you finish 5th. We beat you twice.
Season 2 - you finish 4th, we finish 5th. We draw, but most would agree by the skin of your teeth, and you beat us 1-0 after we dominate you most of the evening.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but to completely ignore us on the basis of the above seems strange.

Finally, Adebayor. I honestly believe you've just given us the thing we miss the most, a striker who can actually get on the end of our creativity. You will finish above us this season and good luck to you, you've done us a massive favour though, believe me.

I see your another one who has been drawn into this myth that spurs are the most creative side ever to walk the earth and with a good striker you will dismantle all. It is absolute and utter nonsense that this is the case Im sorry but if you were so creative all 4 strikers wouldnt have had a bad season its just not a valid excuse, the real reason is these million chances you supposedly create dont exist as much as youd like to believe the hype it isnt there everytime i watched spurs last season and it was alot you would think you absolutely destroyed teams and it was just that final touch that you were missing and thats just not the case.

Your best chance against west ham was from a free kick
Your best chances against united were shots from outside the box
Same with Blackpool
Same with Wigan and bar the modric shot and header same at city.

You are a good attacking side but if any other team made the excuse that all four strikers had a collectively bad season and your attacking was brilliant and it was just that they would be laughed at and rightly so.

and in response to your analysis of results last season to show that you are rivals. The results dont show an analysis of the game just a result, our results this seasons dont say should have scored 8 against swansea and 6 against bolton but won 4 -0 and 3 -2 and your result doesnt say played well for the first hour and then fell apart and lost 3 - 0 do they

schtipps said:
i think he will end up causing problems in the dressing room anyway. I agree that it could be like lending them a virus.

Anyone who has been through what he went through on that bus is bound to have some emotional scars. Maybe we just know he is spoilt goods now?

These things affect people in different ways, PTSD is not common in footballers is it. Maybe they should send him to the Army physcologists dealing with the lads returning from Afghan.

Good post

robspurs said:
Finally, Adebayor. I honestly believe you've just given us the thing we miss the most, a striker who can actually get on the end of our creativity.

By creativity do you mean hoofing it into his head like you did all last season with Crouch? If you think Adebayor is going to battle to win every header you are very much mistaken. I love Ade but he isnt a target man despite being 8"4. You need to play it into feet with him and having watched Spurs last season 'Arry's tactic when he sees a tall man is to get the rest of the team to smash long balls at him for 90 minutes and hope Van Der Vaart runs onto the knockdown.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.