Adebayor at Spurs tonight....

They have just bid £6m for Gary Cahill so they clearly have some money.

Only at City can you get top rated players on loan!
Coming up soon - Tevez to inter on loan!

FFS! utter joke

Don't mind him going there as long as we're not paying any of his wages. Get's his salary off the books and he stops being a drain of our resources. Shame it didn't work out for him with us though. Dzeko is the future now!

robspurs said:
Not one to come on other teams boards shouting a load of abuse, and I merely came on here to see what you lot made of Adebayor joining us on loan this evening. A couple of things that have wound me up a bit though if I'm honest, and felt the need to register and at least comment politely.

Firstly the attendance thing mentioned about us. We 90% filled the ground tonight for a game where we were 5-0 up and coasting from the first leg, I think that's pretty expensive, and our general attendance vs capacity for cup games is very strong, and for league games is impeccable.

On the note of us not being considered rivals anymore, I can understand the view that your spending has meant it's very very likely, if not a given, you will finish above us. What does frustrate me is the arrogance that seems to accompany this view, as looking at the last two seasons...

Season 1 - we finish 4th, you finish 5th. We beat you twice.
Season 2 - you finish 4th, we finish 5th. We draw, but most would agree by the skin of your teeth, and you beat us 1-0 after we dominate you most of the evening.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but to completely ignore us on the basis of the above seems strange.

Finally, Adebayor. I honestly believe you've just given us the thing we miss the most, a striker who can actually get on the end of our creativity. You will finish above us this season and good luck to you, you've done us a massive favour though, believe me.

We finished 3rd last season mate. But apart from that I agree with pretty much everything you say

mancityscot said:
robspurs said:
Not one to come on other teams boards shouting a load of abuse, and I merely came on here to see what you lot made of Adebayor joining us on loan this evening. A couple of things that have wound me up a bit though if I'm honest, and felt the need to register and at least comment politely.

Firstly the attendance thing mentioned about us. We 90% filled the ground tonight for a game where we were 5-0 up and coasting from the first leg, I think that's pretty expensive, and our general attendance vs capacity for cup games is very strong, and for league games is impeccable.

On the note of us not being considered rivals anymore, I can understand the view that your spending has meant it's very very likely, if not a given, you will finish above us. What does frustrate me is the arrogance that seems to accompany this view, as looking at the last two seasons...

Season 1 - we finish 4th, you finish 5th. We beat you twice.
Season 2 - you finish 4th, we finish 5th. We draw, but most would agree by the skin of your teeth, and you beat us 1-0 after we dominate you most of the evening.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but to completely ignore us on the basis of the above seems strange.

Finally, Adebayor. I honestly believe you've just given us the thing we miss the most, a striker who can actually get on the end of our creativity. You will finish above us this season and good luck to you, you've done us a massive favour though, believe me.

We finished 3rd last season mate. But apart from that I agree with pretty much everything you say

Even that they dominated us in Manchester? They had a lot of possession with Modric running around on the ball, but we had most of the chances up to the point where we scored, and once up, we played to not lose and secure our champions league slot. Spurs went all out to score on us. I do agree with him that Spurs are a good team and will win a lot of games, and could turn us over at their place. But our squad is now much stronger than theirs with all the money spent.

kiam06 said:
Not happy with this deal to be honest we are strengthening a rival, they will add Diarra aswell and one or two more so not good.

A Gago - Adebayor deal would have been more sensible IMO.

Yep i was hoping for that deal to materialise. I think it was on the cards at some point, but this deal seems good financially with trots paying his wages 3-4 mil pa
Ade will definately make trots stronger, but that means we are confident they will not threaten us.

Mancini don't mind, about 40 seconds in:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORJB1ehhWrk[/youtube]

Josh Blue said:
I still class spurs as rivals to be fair,

Would would the spurs fan rather have Dzeko or Adebayour?

Ade I bet, and over Ballo too.

Just Ade is not a Mancini signing.

Great news, at least he is out of the club. He'll do well at Spurs but not enough to worry us.

And who is to say they haven't paid us a loan fee?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.