Adebayor back at Carrington yesterday.

keep them play them in the EDS league and if they dont turn up or go training
then sack them on the spot

or even loan them to oldham or bury manchester city hold all the cards and should not back down

Fair value for a player with Ade's record and recent performances with 2 years left on a contract I'd say about 20m and 100k a week in wages.

Implement a 25% City tax because we're a little desperate to get rid for the wages and we have other strikers plus we still get ripped off a little due to our owners and he becomes 15m and 100k a week.

He's reportedly on 175k a week so the difference in his wages over the 2 year period = 52 x 2 x 75,000 = 7.8m. Give this to Ade as a signing on fee instead of the transfer fee to us.

15 - 7.8 = 7.2m (and that was putting the hypothetical City tax on his original 20m value rather than waiting to adjust for his signing bonus).

So now we're at 7.2 million but for some reason because Levy is a top bloke we've said 5million will do instead and there's still an issue? How about they take that extra 2.2mil and give it to Ade shut up and actually join.

What is Spurs next alternative? I can't think of a better deal than that for them?

I 100% agree Ade is within his rights to stick it out and earn his signed contract but if he demands any larger a signing fee than the difference in wages he'd be receiving then it has to come from Spurs end not ours.

Failing this I'd sacrifice a spot for a young kid as our 7th sub on away trips and bring him on in injury time if the result is already determined. If he refuses to be humiliated then we fine him a weeks wage for refusing to carry out his contract to play :)

I think Ade probably wants to go to Spurs but trying to get the best deal he can.

In my opinion, if ends up not going as he won't take the drop in wages it says alot about kind of player and person he is, and probably explains why he's not in Bobby's plans.

the blue panther said:
It's funny how fans have a go at Adebayor and his ilk for getting the best pay day that they can. That's what professionalism is about. The system, which City have exploited and to some extent helped to create and even worsen, produces these situations all the time. The players owe nothing to the clubs, or the fans, so, when they fall out of favour for whatever reason, tough titty to the club. No point in bleating on about the crazy pay the club agreed to - if its in the contract, that's the end of it. The same thing has been happening at Chelsea with players surplus to requirements throughout the Abramovich years.

I don't have any sympathy with Adebayor, but equally, I don't have any great sympathy about our owners, being stuck with a player who is surplus to requirements. The club took a risk with a few players, and we are fortunate that our owners can afford it. We've finished up where we want to be largely without Adebayor, though he was helpful at the outset of his stay with us, and his presence may have helped to attract a few other players who have helped us a little more along the way than he did.

He's almost an irrelevance now. If he goes for £5/6m, that's a great piece of business for the buying club. (Probably £10m less than it should be.) He had a pretty good season for Spurs last year, and they wouldn't have finished 4th without him. We'll never know how good he may have been for us - perhaps we saw the best of him as it was, but, he isn't as good as any of our top 4 forwards now, his face and attitude don't fit anymore,so, let's just wish him well on his way out of the Carrington door.

As for the comment that Adebayor 'doesn't appear to be particularly intelligent' I don't see any evidence for that, and I view that comment as bordering on being racial. Where's the evidence for that? No such comments made for Bridge, or Santa Cruz.

A good post ruined by an absurd last paragraph. Saying that a particular black man "doesn't appear to be particularly intelligent" isn't in any way racist. Rather saying black people in general are less intelligent is, in actual fact, racist.

Andy Morrison, Nicky Weaver, Ben Thatcher, Michael Brown, Steven Ireland and Carlos Tevez are all examples of white/non-black City players who have been called less than intelligent by City fans down the years. Those comments were not racially motivated and I don't see why saying that about Adebayor is any different, especially given the fact that it is widely acknowledged by most City fans that our most intelligent player is our captain - by some distance in my opinion.

As to Adebayor the club should hold fast. He is 28 with two years left on his contract. A four year deal at, say, £100k pw (plus a decent signing on fee) represents about the same level of security in my view as his current deal with City with the added benefit of playing regularly in his peak years.

He will blink first, of that I am sure.

FantasyIreland said:
Pigeonho said:
Why should Ade, RSC or the cleaner take anything less than what they're already on? Only an idiot would do that. Fair play to the lot of them for getting what they can.

Exactly,i don't blame either of them,we created our own monsters through our ability and desire for rapid success - however,the positives are still vastly outweighing the odd negative!!

I'm sure Spurs are willing to give him a very good wage still. Surely the majority of footballers would rather be on say 125k a week and be playing week in week out for a top 4 side rather than being on 175k a week and rotting in the reserves of a title-challenging side?

I expect they will consider a pay cut to play if they have to but with over a month left in the transfer window, they're not about to do it right now. Worst case for them if they want to play is that they get shipped off to a club they might not want to go to late in the window and still collect all or most of their wages. Then again Bridge refused to go to Celtic if I recall - he clearly cared more about the money than playing.

Pigeonho said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Adebayor will earn £18.2m over the next 2 years if he is on £175k a week! Not bad for a lazt twat
If people can't see why he is right to do that after reading that, they're blind!

This is not how professional football contracts are structured. He would earn significantly more for playing and scoring; contracts in the media tend to say the maximum possible value of the contract.

Depending on exactly how structured his contract is, he could possibly earn more from Spurs for playing than for City in the reserves. We don't know.

I imagine he'll end up at Spurs and this is a bargaining tactic.

strongbowholic said:
oakiecokie said:
People forget that £175K per week isn`t what he`ll end up with in his arse pocket,with top Tax and NI Contributions will mean more likely to be approx £85K.
However,me personally,I think I could just about live on that x 52 weeks = £4.42M per annum.Lucky bastards all of `em !!
I have a sneaky suspicion he will have a very good accountant who has him set up to pay fuck all tax á la Jimmy Carr, Philip Green, Wayne Rooney etc through multiple, legal avoidance schemes.

Yes mate,thats more likely.I as being a bit sarcy but overall,what would we do ?? Exactly the same,wait until someone could make more or less the same salary offers as already on.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
the blue panther said:
It's funny how fans have a go at Adebayor and his ilk for getting the best pay day that they can. That's what professionalism is about. The system, which City have exploited and to some extent helped to create and even worsen, produces these situations all the time. The players owe nothing to the clubs, or the fans, so, when they fall out of favour for whatever reason, tough titty to the club. No point in bleating on about the crazy pay the club agreed to - if its in the contract, that's the end of it. The same thing has been happening at Chelsea with players surplus to requirements throughout the Abramovich years.

I don't have any sympathy with Adebayor, but equally, I don't have any great sympathy about our owners, being stuck with a player who is surplus to requirements. The club took a risk with a few players, and we are fortunate that our owners can afford it. We've finished up where we want to be largely without Adebayor, though he was helpful at the outset of his stay with us, and his presence may have helped to attract a few other players who have helped us a little more along the way than he did.

He's almost an irrelevance now. If he goes for £5/6m, that's a great piece of business for the buying club. (Probably £10m less than it should be.) He had a pretty good season for Spurs last year, and they wouldn't have finished 4th without him. We'll never know how good he may have been for us - perhaps we saw the best of him as it was, but, he isn't as good as any of our top 4 forwards now, his face and attitude don't fit anymore,so, let's just wish him well on his way out of the Carrington door.

As for the comment that Adebayor 'doesn't appear to be particularly intelligent' I don't see any evidence for that, and I view that comment as bordering on being racial. Where's the evidence for that? No such comments made for Bridge, or Santa Cruz.

A good post ruined by an absurd last paragraph. Saying that a particular black man "doesn't appear to be particularly intelligent" isn't in any way racist. Rather saying black people in general are less intelligent is, in actual fact, racist.

Andy Morrison, Nicky Weaver, Ben Thatcher, Michael Brown, Steven Ireland and Carlos Tevez are all examples of white/non-black City players who have been called less than intelligent by City fans down the years. Those comments were not racially motivated and I don't see why saying that about Adebayor is any different, especially given the fact that it is widely acknowledged by most City fans that our most intelligent player is our captain - by some distance in my opinion.

As to Adebayor the club should hold fast. He is 28 with two years left on his contract. A four year deal at, say, £100k pw (plus a decent signing on fee) represents about the same level of security in my view as his current deal with City with the added benefit of playing regularly in his peak years.

I agree with all of that... apart from the final sentence.

I think we'll blink first, unfortunately.

I'm sure there will be a compromise deal but, if necessary, Adebayor will do a "Bridge" and refuse to budge if he doesn't get what he wants.

Can't we give Spurs some tracksuits or football boots to sweeten the deal?

Soulboy said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
the blue panther said:

I agree with all of that... apart from the final sentence.

I think we'll blink first, unfortunately.

I'm sure there will be a compromise deal but, if necessary, Adebayor will do a "Bridge" and refuse to budge if he doesn't get what he wants.

Can't we give Spurs some tracksuits or football boots to sweeten the deal?

Or we could try and revive the tactics we used when we signed Kazzy Deyna and see if Spurs need any fridges or photocopying machines!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.