Adebayor back at Carrington yesterday.

if i was the owner/manager and people wouldnt move because of the money, i make them come in at 8 and stay till 5-6 six days a week and make them work for the money. you know painting, getting the kit ready for the first team, train with the young uns, cutting the grass at eastlands and carrington and running about getting the tea and coffee made.

couldn't agree more!

Sheesh, how can calling somebody thick be bordering on racial......

Bridge and RSC are in a completely different situation to Ade a) they are both over 30 b) have never been the same level of player as Ade and c) are in the last year of their contracts anyway. It's more important for them to try and get that last payday before their careers end, Ade still has 1 and possibly a 2nd (less well paid) contract to go.

On topic, whilst I hate what he's doing I can understand it. Personally I think Levy is taking the piss - he wants a proven PL striker for peanuts, pay them a lot less and not want to compensate the player for loss of earnings. If they are signing him for £6m then they should pay him a signing on bonus of circa £6m - they're still getting a proven PL striker for circa £12m which is cheap. Darren Bent has been sold 3 times in the last 7 years for circa £17m a time ffs.

oakiecokie said:
People forget that £175K per week isn`t what he`ll end up with in his arse pocket,with top Tax and NI Contributions will mean more likely to be approx £85K.
However,me personally,I think I could just about live on that x 52 weeks = £4.42M per annum.Lucky bastards all of `em !!
I have a sneaky suspicion he will have a very good accountant who has him set up to pay fuck all tax á la Jimmy Carr, Philip Green, Wayne Rooney etc through multiple, legal avoidance schemes.

The cookie monster said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
timschaefer86 said:
Doesn't that change a bit once you're getting 100 grand plus a week? It's just greed at that point.

Depends how you look at it really. He is being asked to drop close enough to £4 million a year for 2 years so £8 million. No matter how much you ear £8 million is alot of money unless you are Sheik Mansour
I'll ask you the same question seeing as the other lad didnt answer..

Would you take a £75'000 paycut or carry on earning £175'000 for doing fuckall?

No way thats why i said what i did<br /><br />-- Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:19 am --<br /><br />
Pigeonho said:
FantasyIreland said:
timschaefer86 said:
I didn't realise the payout was so drastic, so I guess I can understand a little.

Still, he earns a week more than I earn a year, so it's hard to see anybody being unhappy with 80 grand a week.

Just a year,blimey i suspect it would take the majority on here at least 5 to earn his weekly wage,however irrelevant that fact is.
Away from the point of the thread, it really is grotesque what they earn. I know people on upwards of £80k a year and they have what I regard as a rich-mans lifestyle. Nice house, couple of cars, more or less financially independent. I earn just shy of £25k a year and on that I support me, my kids, pay my mortgage, bills etc etc and still have enough for a decent standard of living, though each week is budgeted. Earning £80k a year would be life-changing for me, which is why I then find it hard to comprehend how these guys earn £145k a week and what they must do with it! Imagine not ever worrying what your account was, and that you could literally buy what you wanted without worrying about it? Must be one hell of a fucking feeling I give them that!

Difference is 80k a year for 40 years while a player sometimes only has 10 years. Still alot but they got to make what they want in that time

The money is there in football so it should go to the footballers

No one goes "Tom Cruise made £20 million for 3 months work thats grotesque"

bluemoondays said:
Sheesh, how can calling somebody thick be bordering on racial......

Bridge and RSC are in a completely different situation to Ade a) they are both over 30 b) have never been the same level of player as Ade and c) are in the last year of their contracts anyway. It's more important for them to try and get that last payday before their careers end, Ade still has 1 and possibly a 2nd (less well paid) contract to go.

On topic, whilst I hate what he's doing I can understand it. Personally I think Levy is taking the piss - he wants a proven PL striker for peanuts, pay them a lot less and not want to compensate the player for loss of earnings. If they are signing him for £6m then they should pay him a signing on bonus of circa £6m - they're still getting a proven PL striker for circa £12m which is cheap. Darren Bent has been sold 3 times in the last 7 years for circa £17m a time ffs.

I'll stay on topic - I agree to a large extent with you about Levy, but, what's wrong with driving a hard bargain? I'd say that's what he does better than most. He'll sell Modric and eventually Bale for top dollar, but continue to buy at as near to bargain basement prices as he can, and Adebayor at £6m is a snip. Can this policy succeed long term? It worked for him with 'opeless 'arry in charge; will it work now he's got the boy wonder in charge? Personally, I doubt it very much.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
The cookie monster said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Depends how you look at it really. He is being asked to drop close enough to £4 million a year for 2 years so £8 million. No matter how much you ear £8 million is alot of money unless you are Sheik Mansour
I'll ask you the same question seeing as the other lad didnt answer..

Would you take a £75'000 paycut or carry on earning £175'000 for doing fuckall?

No way thats why i said what i did

-- Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:19 am --

Pigeonho said:
FantasyIreland said:
Just a year,blimey i suspect it would take the majority on here at least 5 to earn his weekly wage,however irrelevant that fact is.
Away from the point of the thread, it really is grotesque what they earn. I know people on upwards of £80k a year and they have what I regard as a rich-mans lifestyle. Nice house, couple of cars, more or less financially independent. I earn just shy of £25k a year and on that I support me, my kids, pay my mortgage, bills etc etc and still have enough for a decent standard of living, though each week is budgeted. Earning £80k a year would be life-changing for me, which is why I then find it hard to comprehend how these guys earn £145k a week and what they must do with it! Imagine not ever worrying what your account was, and that you could literally buy what you wanted without worrying about it? Must be one hell of a fucking feeling I give them that!

Difference is 80k a year for 40 years while a player sometimes only has 10 years. Still alot but they got to make what they want in that time

The money is there in football so it should go to the footballers

No one goes "Tom Cruise made £20 million for 3 months work thats grotesque"
Good point actually that re Cruise.

This is one of the only negatives with regards to our sharp rise to the top. We had top of the league money to spend but were a bit of a nobody to top of the league players and they probably didn't want to think twice about signing for us. We tried to sign Ronadinho, Kaka, Terry and Eto'o yet ended up with Santa Cruz, Adebayor, Kolo and yes Robinho who was a big name but in reality isn't a big player; all signed at top level players prices, and on big players contracts.

We moved up the league and immediately needed a higher standard of player. We had got Barry and de Jong. Again we needed higher standards as we moved up and signed Yaya and Silva. Eventually we are at the top with Sergio Kun Agüero winning us the title. In just four years we've done what realistically should take about ten.

But because of the size and length of the contracts that the original average lot were on, we're still stuck with them.

bluemoondays said:
Personally I think Levy is taking the piss - he wants a proven PL striker for peanuts, pay them a lot less and not want to compensate the player for loss of earnings.

Have to agree. How much was blown on the likes of Bentley, Defoe etc? But suddenly he's gone tight and is trying to take the piss out of both City and Adebayor. Can't have it both ways though. Can see Ade getting loaned out again... and again...

Wexford Blue said:
bluemoondays said:
Personally I think Levy is taking the piss - he wants a proven PL striker for peanuts, pay them a lot less and not want to compensate the player for loss of earnings.

Have to agree. How much was blown on the likes of Bentley, Defoe etc? But suddenly he's gone tight and is trying to take the piss out of both City and Adebayor. Can't have it both ways though. Can see Ade getting loaned out again... and again...

Agree with that.

I think there's also a school of thought that it is better for us to loan him out than take the hit on his value in relation to FFP - but there is a good chance I've got that wrong!

Bottom line Ade is a 20m player city are excepting around 5m so for me it's us who have back down and it's now up to spurs if they really want him to do the deal with Ade!

Just wished there was another club in for him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.