Adebayor gone (& we aren't paying his wages)

Re: Adebayor gone (Official)

SWP's back said:
graham baker said:
David Anderson ‏@MirrorAnderson
From what I understand, City will not be paying any of Adebayor's wages at Spurs. £4m straight deal.
Well would you look at that? City starting to brief some journos with a few calls as they are unhappy with the reporting of the sale? Maybe.

SWP just a question, different player but did we pay Stephen Ireland anything when he went to Villa or did I imagine it?

gordondaviesmoustache said:
SWP's back said:
graham baker said:
From what I understand, City will not be paying any of Adebayor's wages at Spurs. £4m straight deal.
Well would you look at that? City starting to brief some journos with a few calls as they are unhappy with the reporting of the sale? Maybe.
Or maybe they've been reading this thread ;-)
Could well be!<br /><br />-- Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:34 pm --<br /><br />
graham baker said:
From the Guardian;

The 28-year-old Adebayor, who enjoyed a productive loan spell at Spurs last season, has completed a £6m move from the league champions having reached agreement over his severance package. His last City appearance was in December 2010 but the player still had two years to run on his £170,000-a-week contract, with Spurs understood to have struck a compromise over his new deal which involves the payment of a significant signing-on fee and a lower salary to be incorporated into the club's wage structure.
Yep, someone's been on the phone haven't they.

SWP's back said:
sniff said:
SWP's back said:
Yep you are correct. It's fairly simple. The books will actually show a profit on the deal.

-- Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:09 pm --

Oh ffs, I've already answered all of that. I couldn't give a fuck if you believe it or not. It's the truth.

You havent though have you !!!

What happens to that saving when he is replaced ? It's simple enough.... will it not show as a loss when the othe club has the cheek to as for a fee ? if yuou also accept the replacement will be paid at some point ?
Are you on the wum or something? It is a saving on him. A player that wasn't playing for us,

If we replace him with someone that may play for us then no, we will not make a net saving overall, but we didn't want to. What we wanted was to receive a professional footballer that may help our title aspirations for the money we were laying out.

Can someone tell me if I speaking Swahili on this one? As I feel I may get better sense talking to my cushions.

Tell you what though, if just saving money is your preferred method for the club, then why don't we sell all of our players, irrespective of whether they play for us and only play trainees. We could save £180m per year doing that. Fucking awesome.

Its keeping me entertained SWP, I actually PMSL at that , says a lot for the education system in this country

graham baker said:
From the Guardian;

The 28-year-old Adebayor, who enjoyed a productive loan spell at Spurs last season, has completed a £6m move from the league champions having reached agreement over his severance package. His last City appearance was in December 2010 but the player still had two years to run on his £170,000-a-week contract, with Spurs understood to have struck a compromise over his new deal which involves the payment of a significant signing-on fee and a lower salary to be incorporated into the club's wage structure.

But, but, but, we are subsidising his wages aren't we?

SWP's back said:
graham baker said:

I used to find THs posts about the workings of the press to be very interesting. Based on these posts, I would not be surprised if you are correct.

SWP's back said:
sniff said:
SWP's back said:
Yep you are correct. It's fairly simple. The books will actually show a profit on the deal.

-- Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:09 pm --

Oh ffs, I've already answered all of that. I couldn't give a fuck if you believe it or not. It's the truth.

You havent though have you !!!

What happens to that saving when he is replaced ? It's simple enough.... will it not show as a loss when the othe club has the cheek to as for a fee ? if yuou also accept the replacement will be paid at some point ?
Are you on the wum or something? It is a saving on him. A player that wasn't playing for us,

If we replace him with someone that may play for us then no, we will not make a net saving overall, but we didn't want to. What we wanted was to receive a professional footballer that may help our title aspirations for the money we were laying out.

Can someone tell me if I speaking Swahili on this one? As I feel I may get better sense talking to my cushions.

Tell you what though, if just saving money is your preferred method for the club, then why don't we sell all of our players, irrespective of whether they play for us and only play trainees. We could save £180m per year doing that. Fucking awesome.

Missus just asked what on earth I was laughing at. Too funny.

Ray78 said:
SWP's back said:
graham baker said:

SWP just a question, different player but did we pay Stephen Ireland anything when he went to Villa or did I imagine it?
No idea mate. Didn't have an "in" at the time. Billyshears, Danamy or TH would be your best bet.

I do remember we withheld some loyalty payments as he broke an (wait for it johnmc) NDA though.

Edit: Fellow Grammar Nazi's, does that read right? It would be "a non disclosure agreement" I know, but when you shorten it to NDA, I am sure "an NDA" is the correct English. Any help?

SWP's back said:
Ray78 said:
SWP's back said:

No idea mate. Didn't have an "in" at the time. Billyshears, Danamy or TH would be your best bet.

I do remember we withheld some loyalty payments as he broke an (wait for it johnmc) NDA though.

Can you just run me through the maths again on the Ade sale, not sure I understand where the savings come in?

Cheers in advance.

SWP's back said:
Ray78 said:
SWP's back said:

Cheers mate for that anyway.

Rammy Blue said:
SWP's back said:
Ray78 said:

Can you just run me through the maths again on the Ade sale, not sure I understand where the savings come in?

Cheers in advance.
Yeah we signed him on a new 6 year deal this morning and are paying Spuds £300k per week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.