Adebayor gone (& we aren't paying his wages)

Adebayor gone (Official)

Ade total deal if he stayed his full contract > bought for 24m on 5 year contract on 170k a week that what was reported would of cost us 68.2m minus 2 years left on contract of 17.6m = 50.6m minus the loan at spurs 5m = 45.6m minus 4m spurs paid = 41.6m

All the above is in the public domain

Re: Adebayor gone (Official)

SWP's back said:
Rammy Blue said:
SWP's back said:
No idea mate. Didn't have an "in" at the time. Billyshears, Danamy or TH would be your best bet.

I do remember we withheld some loyalty payments as he broke an (wait for it johnmc) NDA though.

Can you just run me through the maths again on the Ade sale, not sure I understand where the savings come in?

Cheers in advance.
Yeah we signed him on a new 6 year deal this morning and are paying Spuds £300k per week.

It's nice seeing you two getting along.

SWP's back said:
Ray78 said:
SWP's back said:
Well would you look at that? City starting to brief some journos with a few calls as they are unhappy with the reporting of the sale? Maybe.

SWP just a question, different player but did we pay Stephen Ireland anything when he went to Villa or did I imagine it?
No idea mate. Didn't have an "in" at the time. Billyshears, Danamy or TH would be your best bet.

I do remember we withheld some loyalty payments as he broke an (wait for it johnmc) NDA though.

Edit: Fellow Grammar Nazi's, does that read right? It would be "a non disclosure agreement" I know, but when you shorten it to NDA, I am sure "an NDA" is the correct English. Any help?

That is the correct term.

SWP's back said:
Now, we had already written off his book value in last seasons accounts. What todays deal does is end his amortisation cost and frees up £23m (£5m fee plus saving of £175,000 x 104 weeks (2 years left of his contract)) over the next two years.
Sorry to correct you but if we wrote off his book value in full in 2010/11 then there would be nothing to amortise and no charge in 2011/12. Hence all the sale proceeds would be proft.

But even if we didn't write his contract value down to zero (which I suspect we didn't in his case) he would be still be classed as an "asset held for sale" and we could write back any amortisation charge. However, it would depend on how much we wrote his contract down as to whether we made a profit on sale or not.

So either way, his amortisation was not an issue last financial year.

Adebayor gone (Official)

I read that we are still paying the difference between the wage he had been on at City and the 80k/week he
gets at Spurs. Please tell me that is a fucking joke

bluwes said:
SWP's back said:
sniff said:
You havent though have you !!!

What happens to that saving when he is replaced ? It's simple enough.... will it not show as a loss when the othe club has the cheek to as for a fee ? if yuou also accept the replacement will be paid at some point ?
Are you on the wum or something? It is a saving on him. A player that wasn't playing for us,

If we replace him with someone that may play for us then no, we will not make a net saving overall, but we didn't want to. What we wanted was to receive a professional footballer that may help our title aspirations for the money we were laying out.

Can someone tell me if I speaking Swahili on this one? As I feel I may get better sense talking to my cushions.

Tell you what though, if just saving money is your preferred method for the club, then why don't we sell all of our players, irrespective of whether they play for us and only play trainees. We could save £180m per year doing that. Fucking awesome.

Its keeping me entertained SWP, I actually PMSL at that , says a lot for the education system in this country

Public school boy i take it ?... the ability to lick arse and be patronising at the same time...

But once more for the hard of hearing....And what i think is the truth or not put aside.... Point you can reference ( im sure such highly educated individuals who mock others education can grasp the simple fact of factual reference)

They say the deal is for £5m......

so wages aside, taken they are a given for the new guys comming in, making any individual saving saving irrelevant.

Its like selling a house, you save £1000 a month, but you need to pay it on another.

But if you sold that house for £20k.... then bought a new one for £100k you can ive lost out by £80k. I havent actually saved anything at all.....

The fee is a poor one, that's the whole point... and when you look at the bigger picture we lose out big time... Forget FFP accounting figures. All we come out with is £5m.. now personaly i dont care less, im happy he has gone.. But dont bring figure's that in the real world have no realtive impact. Like you said all it has done is free up the money to be used else where. Its not going to be a saving... unless you are looking in the very short term, it would be if we sold him and didnt buy.

Now in common sense terms you try to maximise any investent... but to cut and run at the benefit of a club who would happily bend us over the Barrell on a player like Bale... thats a good deal ? Get of you're high horse.

Prestwich_Blue said:
SWP's back said:
Now, we had already written off his book value in last seasons accounts. What todays deal does is end his amortisation cost and frees up £23m (£5m fee plus saving of £175,000 x 104 weeks (2 years left of his contract)) over the next two years.
Sorry to correct you but if we wrote off his book value in full in 2010/11 then there would be nothing to amortise and no charge in 2011/12.

But even if we didn't write his contract value down to zero (which I suspect we didn't in his case) he would be still be classed as an "asset held for sale" and we could write back any amortisation charge.

So either way, his amortisation was not an issue last financial year.
Well either way. Either his book value was written off in the majority last season or the total fees we have received for him just about breaks even with book value at present.<br /><br />-- Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:54 pm --<br /><br />
avoidconfusion said:
I read that we are still paying the difference between the wage he had been on at City and the 80k/week he
gets at Spurs. Please tell me that is a fucking joke
Oh sweet jesus and fucking mary. read the last 10 pages.

sniff said:
bluwes said:
SWP's back said:
Are you on the wum or something? It is a saving on him. A player that wasn't playing for us,

If we replace him with someone that may play for us then no, we will not make a net saving overall, but we didn't want to. What we wanted was to receive a professional footballer that may help our title aspirations for the money we were laying out.

Can someone tell me if I speaking Swahili on this one? As I feel I may get better sense talking to my cushions.

Tell you what though, if just saving money is your preferred method for the club, then why don't we sell all of our players, irrespective of whether they play for us and only play trainees. We could save £180m per year doing that. Fucking awesome.

Its keeping me entertained SWP, I actually PMSL at that , says a lot for the education system in this country

Public school boy i take it ?... the ability to lick arse and be patronising at the same time...

But once more for the hard of hearing....And what i think is the truth or not put aside.... Point you can reference ( im sure such highly educated individuals who mock others education can graps the simple fact of factual reference)

They say the deal is for £5m......

so wages aside, taken they are a given for the new guys comming in, making any individual saving saving irrelevant.

Its like selling a house, you save £1000 a month, but you need to pay it on another.

But if you sold that house for £20k.... then bought a new one for £100k you can ive lost out by £80k. I havent actually saved anything at all.....

The fee is a poor one, that's the whole point... and when you look at the bigger picture we lose out big time... Forget FFP accounting figures. All we come out with is £5m.. now personaly i dont care less, im happy he has gone.. But dont bring figure's that in the real world have no realtive impact. Like you said all it has done is free up the money to be used else where. Its not going to be a saving... unless you are looking in the very short term, it would be if we sold him and didnt buy.

Now in common sense terms you try to maximise any investent... but to cut and run at the benefit of a club who would happily bend us over the Barrell on a player like Bale... thats a good deal ? Get of you're high horse.

Hurrah and huzzah.

Sniff's back.

see what I did there... ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.