Adebayor gone (& we aren't paying his wages)

Re: Adebayor gone (Official)

sniff said:
SWP's back said:
sniff said:
Public school boy i take it ?... the ability to lick arse and be patronising at the same time...

But once more for the hard of hearing....And what i think is the truth or not put aside.... Point you can reference ( im sure such highly educated individuals who mock others education can graps the simple fact of factual reference)

They say the deal is for £5m......

so wages aside, taken they are a given for the new guys comming in, making any individual saving saving irrelevant.

Its like selling a house, you save £1000 a month, but you need to pay it on another.

But if you sold that house for £20k.... then bought a new one for £100k you can ive lost out by £80k. I havent actually saved anything at all.....

The fee is a poor one, that's the whole point... and when you look at the bigger picture we lose out big time... Forget FFP accounting figures. All we come out with is £5m.. now personaly i dont care less, im happy he has gone.. But dont bring figure's that in the real world have no realtive impact.

Now in common sense terms you try to maximise any investent... but to cut and run at the benefit of a club who would happily bend us over the Barrell on a player like Bale... thats a good deal ? Get of you're high horse.
Your analogy works better if used properly.

You own a house and are paying £1000 per month for it. But the problem is that you can't live in the house as it has masisve subsidence so you are staying at your mums. Now the house was worth £300k orginally and you have £200k still owing on it (for which you pay the £1000 per month). Now the house is a drain on your finances and you get no benefit from. Luckily, some fucker wants to build a tescos on it so doesn't care about the fact it is now unsafe to live as they are going to knock it down.

They pay the money you owe on the house and you save £1000 per month, though you obviously upset that you didn't make a profit on it or get back what you originally paid, however, you may now use that money to buy a new house that is actually habitable.

Look fella, the rest of the forum seem to understand this. Does that analogy now make sense?

I never failed to understand that at all, I got that in the first post and explained as such.

My point was, and always is that £5m is a poor fee from a buissness sense. No ammount of dressing up will change that, yes you will save in the short term on his contract. That would be all fine and great if the scenario was as you describe, i have no arguments about that. We get out of his contract with only a slight loss if you take the BBC, and a break even if you use you're source ( im not interested in debate on that either)

The issue is you are now left with nothing to fund the replacement (or new house in the analogy) If we could carry on without bringing in new players that would be a win, win situation. But the fact remains we have given him away for free from our side, so we can pay through the nose for someone else..

Like i explained many times the bigger picture shows this isnt a good deal for us by any stretch.

Other people have also questioned the explanation you gave them, you just havent aknowleged them.

My point always was unless we dont sign anyone else we save nothing. Now you agree with PB on the same point i made all along...Only time will tell if the others leave.

Where is the tesco being built. Could do with one a bit closer.

I know we wanted rid but 5m seems a tad cheap - especially when Spurs are desperate for a striker.

mr t said:
I know we wanted rid but 5m seems a tad cheap - especially when Spurs are desperate for a striker.
You'd have to be desperate to sign Adebayor, remember when we signed him the Gooners said we'd see the real Adebayor after a short time, now he has a contract they will too!

Neil McNab said:
mr t said:
You'd have to be desperate to sign Adebayor, remember when we signed him the Gooners said we'd see the real Adebayor after a short time, now he has a contract they will too!

Come on

He was one of their best players last season and everybody know that he is worth more than 5 Million, specially when Dawson was just sold to QPR for 9 !

Neil McNab said:
mr t said:
Maybe but I doubt it cos he's no competition there and he will be starting every game which will give him the chance to star. He didn't like playing second fiddle at City.

Tevez City said:
Neil McNab said:
mr t said:

Come on

He was one of their best players last season and everybody know that he is worth more than 5 Million, specially when Dawson was just sold to QPR for 9 !
We got a loan fee last year, so there was obviously an agreement about the transfer fee for a permanent deal[insert space]!

Tevez City said:
Neil McNab said:
mr t said:

Come on

Yes, they've paid £14m

Delighted to see he has gone at last, but agree £5m is far too cheap.

johnmc said:
sniff said:
SWP's back said:
Your analogy works better if used properly.

You own a house and are paying £1000 per month for it. But the problem is that you can't live in the house as it has masisve subsidence so you are staying at your mums. Now the house was worth £300k orginally and you have £200k still owing on it (for which you pay the £1000 per month). Now the house is a drain on your finances and you get no benefit from. Luckily, some fucker wants to build a tescos on it so doesn't care about the fact it is now unsafe to live as they are going to knock it down.

They pay the money you owe on the house and you save £1000 per month, though you obviously upset that you didn't make a profit on it or get back what you originally paid, however, you may now use that money to buy a new house that is actually habitable.

Look fella, the rest of the forum seem to understand this. Does that analogy now make sense?

I never failed to understand that at all, I got that in the first post and explained as such.

My point was, and always is that £5m is a poor fee from a buissness sense. No ammount of dressing up will change that, yes you will save in the short term on his contract. That would be all fine and great if the scenario was as you describe, i have no arguments about that. We get out of his contract with only a slight loss if you take the BBC, and a break even if you use you're source ( im not interested in debate on that either)

The issue is you are now left with nothing to fund the replacement (or new house in the analogy) If we could carry on without bringing in new players that would be a win, win situation. But the fact remains we have given him away for free from our side, so we can pay through the nose for someone else..

Like i explained many times the bigger picture shows this isnt a good deal for us by any stretch.

Other people have also questioned the explanation you gave them, you just havent aknowleged them.

My point always was unless we dont sign anyone else we save nothing. Now you agree with PB on the same point i made all along...Only time will tell if the others leave.

Where is the tesco being built. Could do with one a bit closer.

I want this 300k house for £1000 per month !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.