Adebayor (merged)

PhuketBlue said:
*singingtheblues* said:
As far as I'm concerned, he can fuck right off now.

We don't need another week trying to pander to a player who's relatively similar to what we already have... a player who doesn't even want to come, a player who is immensely selfish and has an awful attitude.

He's not worth the trouble; RSC wants to play for us and is determined to be a success, whereas Adebayor's attitude couldn't be more different.

I can't take another drawn out saga pandering to another prima donna, if we're prepared to do that all over again, we should have saved ourselves the effort and put all our weight behind the Eto'o transfer.

Really not keen on this transfer now.

This delay is reportedly down to him waiting for another club, so he can avoid playing for us.

Do we need a player like that?

Adebayor can get fucked.

Let me get this right. You don't want Adebayor as he has a bit of an attitude, he is hoping another club comes in for him and the transfer is becoming drawn out.

Yet you think we should have put all our effort into signing Eto'o, a player who exemplifies pretty much everything you've stated as the reasons you don't want Adebayor?

Theres been a few comments like that, and I almost said something, but didn't because I've just woke up and could have read it wrong. But yeh, irony well and truly lost on some people.

Aaah well, WERE GONNA WIN THE ASHES!!!

;-P

Didsbury Dave said:
*singingtheblues* said:
We don't need another week trying to pander to a player who's relatively similar to what we already have... a

therein lies the problem with your argument.

He is miles better than anything we have.

Can't agree, he's not a target man/leading the line type player - he always drops deep to receive the ball, prefers to go wide and come inside, and is very inconsistent.

Who does that sound familiar to?

Jo.

Yep, that's right. Of course he's twice the player Jo is (possibly 10 times), but as footballers their respective games are very similar, and we all know how much Jo struggled upfront on his own.

Adebayor, according to Arsenal fans (and the man himself in an interview with the BBC) said he isn't a lone striker, and he isn't as effective in that role as he is in others.

He doesn't play to his ability as a lone striker - which is exactly the position he's he required to play for us, in a 4-3-3.

Now, throw in the fact he clearly doesn't want to play for us, his selfish nature, and his appalling attitude and inflated sense of self-importance...

He really doesn't seem right for us - a signing for the sake of it, so to speak. (I.e marketing etc etc)

I've spent a while reading numerous Arsenal boards, and I've really been put of this man by some of the recurring tales I've heard.

As I said, from what I've read, seen, and heard...

Adebayor can get fucked.

PhuketBlue said:
*singingtheblues* said:

We don't need another week trying to pander to a player who's relatively similar to what we already have... a player who doesn't even want to come, a player who is immensely selfish and has an awful attitude.

He's not worth the trouble; RSC wants to play for us and is determined to be a success, whereas Adebayor's attitude couldn't be more different.

I can't take another drawn out saga pandering to another prima donna, if we're prepared to do that all over again, we should have saved ourselves the effort and put all our weight behind the Eto'o transfer.

This delay is reportedly down to him waiting for another club, so he can avoid playing for us.

Adebayor can get fucked.

Let me get this right. You don't want Adebayor as he has a bit of an attitude, he is hoping another club comes in for him and the transfer is becoming drawn out.

Yet you think we should have put all our effort into signing Eto'o, a player who exemplifies pretty much everything you've stated as the reasons you don't want Adebayor?

Dont even start trying to apply logic,common-sense and rational thinking to this post,mate.
Everything about it is contradictory nonsense.
But,apparently,we're all entitled to an opinion.
Even when it is clearly wrong.

This 'latest' news about Hughes saying it's in advanced stages is just websites regurgitating what Hughes said on Tuesday in the press conference.

There is no new news.

Adebayor stalled on Wednesday after getting his work-permit. Maybe we knew before hand that he had asked for more time. He might have said all along that he'd come and get the permit but he wanted until the weekend to decide.

Dillon said:
This 'latest' news about Hughes saying it's in advanced stages is just websites regurgitating what Hughes said on Tuesday in the press conference.

There is no new news.

Adebayor stalled on Wednesday after getting his work-permit. Maybe we knew before hand that he had asked for more time. He might have said all along that he'd come and get the permit but he wanted until the weekend to decide.

No it is not. They are new quotes. In that press conference he stated there had only been contact.

I know a lot of people on here don't believe the papers, but why would this be getting drawn out now if Ade wasn't pissing about?

It would be sealed up, what's any other reason for a hold up?

IF he is holding out for another club, he is an absolute c**t t**t face bar steward!

If he agreed to apply for the work permit then surely there is no point in doing so as the only reason to apply for this is to actually make the change of employers. Why else would he go through a court hearing to do so if his intention was to move abroad at the end of the day? His work permit is for him to change employers in this country to my understanding so it'd be pointless if he was still looking for an offer from AC Milan wouldn't it?

I don't know...I'm just speculating...it just seems weird that he'd do this and then stall.

So Adebayor isnt coming now then is that right?

I dont get why a player would have 4 medicals with us then decide not to come?! Strange!!

could someone tell me why people come on here and lie so blatantly about players having medicals? people have done this with RSC and Tevez before!!

PhuketBlue said:
*singingtheblues* said:

Adebayor can get fucked.

Correct.

Adebayor, isn't worth all of the trouble, he's a "bad egg" so to speak. His return would likely be a few spectacular goals, lots of dressing room disputes and a tons of petulance.

The only player out there who is worth all of the time, effort, and possible trouble is Samuel Eto'o.

Otherwise we should leave well alone and be happy with what we have.

markbmcfc said:
The latest is Hughes has said talks are at an advanced stage.

I choose to believe that over the UK press.

Stop flapping everybody.

where exactly was Hughes quoted as saying this and are we sure they aren't just re-hashes of yesterday's quotes or something?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.