Adebayor (merged)

Groucho said:
Ducado said:
Right

To get a work permit he would need a sponsor etc, he has now got it

Have some of you not thought perhaps the club do not want the news to come out just yet? It would appear that they are running quite a slick media operation, the guy could be all signed up for all we know, and the club are releasing the contrary information, one thing I can tell you, off the pitch at least (and I hope next season on it) this is not typical City, just because some of us are rather impatient does not mean the club will jump to your tune

Exactly.

Since Gary Cooke has been in there, we have maximised any media exposure that we are going to get.. even to the point of calling a press conference for 2pm.. and keeping everybody waiting for 2 hours, so SSN were reporting it every 2 minutes.
Tevez deal, announced after the Ashes test match had finished, so we are the main news story for the back pages.

Now Adebayor... you don't think it'll happen??... there's a test match on again, with Flintoff all over the back pages after announcing his retirement... so I can see any announcement waiting until the Lords test match is over.

Or maybe its just me... being over cynical... LOL!

well for the benefit of those of us who know nothing about cricket other than they have meal breaks and wear jumpers when it's boiling hot, when does it finish?

sam221985 said:
Groucho said:
Ducado said:
Right

Have some of you not thought perhaps the club do not want the news to come out just yet? It would appear that they are running quite a slick media operation, the guy could be all signed up for all we know, and the club are releasing the contrary information, one thing I can tell you, off the pitch at least (and I hope next season on it) this is not typical City, just because some of us are rather impatient does not mean the club will jump to your tune

when does it finish?
Not soon enough.

sam221985 said:
Groucho said:
Ducado said:
Right

Exactly.

Since Gary Cooke has been in there, we have maximised any media exposure that we are going to get.. even to the point of calling a press conference for 2pm.. and keeping everybody waiting for 2 hours, so SSN were reporting it every 2 minutes.
Tevez deal, announced after the Ashes test match had finished, so we are the main news story for the back pages.

Now Adebayor... you don't think it'll happen??... there's a test match on again, with Flintoff all over the back pages after announcing his retirement... so I can see any announcement waiting until the Lords test match is over.

well for the benefit of those of us who know nothing about cricket other than they have meal breaks and wear jumpers when it's boiling hot, when does it finish?

Hehe.. well.. day 1 today.. so it'll finish on Monday.

So, unless we do as someone else mentioned, and make sure the match being beamed back etc on Saturday is given maximum exposure.. it'll be Tuesday.. ready for Wednesday's papers. ;-)

Yeh just for the clowns that like to call themselves city fans, Adebayor is sheer class and is twice as good as RSC and allways has been, did all you idiots catch that goal against spurs? Sheer class, and thats just what he has to be put down too. African player of the year 2008 and seriously behave yourselves, imagine some nutter telling us that he would have been joining up with the likes of bernardo corradi and claudio reyna, and not forgetting replacing georgios samaras, you would have told him to do one nobody like that would come to city, still gone home and admired him on motd! hes class and exactly what we need, a big strong jo full of confidence, and guess what hes going to be ours, so start getting used to it! Haha!

jiminho said:
Yeh just for the clowns that like to call themselves city fans, Adebayor is sheer class and is twice as good as RSC and allways has been, did all you idiots catch that goal against spurs? Sheer class, and thats just what he has to be put down too. African player of the year 2008 and seriously behave yourselves, imagine some nutter telling us that he would have been joining up with the likes of bernardo corradi and claudio reyna, and not forgetting replacing georgios samaras, you would have told him to do one nobody like that would come to city, still gone home and admired him on motd! hes class and exactly what we need, a big strong jo full of confidence, and guess what hes going to be ours, so start getting used to it! Haha!

ok...

bluebean said:
jiminho said:

ok...

I'm hopin jim has he point. On balance, I think he does.

Groucho said:
Ducado said:
Right

Exactly.

this is a great shout. never thought of it like this but think you are dead right. good call mate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.