Adebayor (Merged)

Failsworth_Blue said:
AntonDonJuan said:
Erm, the game we played them in and all the comments when he left about how they disrepected him.

Basically, if you saw your mate get shot on a bus and the driver got shot and you had to do an interview on tv talking about your ordeal and the first thing you picked up was a rag shirt would you put it on as you were too traumatised to care...would you fuck, you'd find something else to put on.

You wouldn't wear a United top because you don't own any and you support City. Adebayor doesn't support City and will have Arsenal clothing because he played for them. Trying to make comparisons like that doesn't work, it doesn't make any sense
So you're telling me the only top he could find, the ONLY top he could find, was an Arsenal one?

AntonDonJuan said:
bizzbo said:
where the fuck does that come from?
Erm, the game we played them in and all the comments when he left about how they disrepected him.

Basically, if you saw your mate get shot on a bus and the driver got shot and you had to do an interview on tv talking about your ordeal and the first thing you picked up was a rag shirt would you put it on as you were too traumatised to care...would you fuck, you'd find something else to put on.

right, thought you meant he didn't like city.

point is none of us have a clue why he's wearing the shirt. anyway it's just crazy to think that he would feel the same about an arsenal shirt as we feel about a rag shirt.

Kirkstall Blue said:
moomba said:
Oh come on, are you suggesting that he has nothing other than Arsenal clothing in his wardrobe?

What about Togo stuff? Non football clothes? Sponsors clothes?

Yes!!! that's what we are suggesting and it's FACT!!! not supposition, CNN reported after the tragedy that they didn't even have there own clothes.

So it's fact that in his wardrobe at home he only has Arsenal clothing.

Not supposition, but fact?

Bollocks it is.

4th place over shadowed by Adebayor wearing a Arsenal polo shirt when no one knows the real circumstances.

mancity dan said:
Superbia said:
Not sure if there is any truth in it, or if it has already been posted but 46 pages far too many to trawl through, but did get told the shirt was handed to him by a local who was not aware he had moved to City and out of respect at this time of mourning for the country he wore it.

On a seperate note, have any of you on here slagging him off ever worn Brazil influenced tops in honour of Robinho?? What about the Argentina styled Tevez t-shirts? If you are English and have done are you a disgrace to your country?

That's what I heard as well it was out of respect to the local who gave it to him...

If this is the case well then that should be it, thread over. If a local gave it to Ade, a local who like the rest of the nation is in mourning, is shows great compassion by one of OUR players that he is willing to foget who his 'allegiences' lie with and put a smile on the face of someone who like him, is not in the best of places right now. Course though, he could have said 'nah fuck off mate, i'm a city player and the Fat el Hombre will be on my case if I wear that, toddle off now and leave me in my spanking new city kit'.

AntonDonJuan said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
You wouldn't wear a United top because you don't own any and you support City. Adebayor doesn't support City and will have Arsenal clothing because he played for them. Trying to make comparisons like that doesn't work, it doesn't make any sense
So you're telling me the only top he could find, the ONLY top he could find, was an Arsenal one?

Did i say that? What i was getting at was he's probably not really bothered that he's wearing an Arsenal top because he won't have the same mentality as us where we will not wear another clubs top because we are supporters of Manchester City. He is not a City supporter so it probably didn't even cross his mind that it would cause such an uproar because all it is is a polo shirt, thats it. He's not come out saying 'I want to sign for Arsenal, i hate it at City etc' he's just wearing a polo shirt of a club he used to play for

Big deal.......

I imagine he's got one or two other things on his mind. Still at least it reflects well on us as supporters for getting stuck into a bloke who's just seen his mates shot in front of him & calling him rotten for the crime of not taking care about which old T shirt he's wearing.

I'm sure everyone reading the comments will have the utmost respect for us.

I have some sympathy for Adebayor for what he's gone through, I don't give a shit if he wears an Arsenal shirt because as far as I'm concened he doesn't play for us. I don't think he ever played for Arsenal, just himself. He's a gormless footballer and I think far too immature to put any thought into getting the best out of his abilities (similar with Robinho).
Let Ade have as much time as he needs to get over his trauma, I wish him well, but as far as playing for City is concerned and questions of his tact and allegencies go, I couldn't give a shit.
The idiot from NF going on about the comments of Ron Atkinson is an absolute arsehole!
Where I live there are plenty of lazy people, they are all white, wear cheap sportswear, smoke weed and sit outside the front of their house all day.
As players, I don't think much of Robinho or Adebayor, but the shade of their complexion has nothing to do with it!

Pigeonho said:
If a local gave it to Ade, a local who like the rest of the nation is in mourning, is shows great compassion by one of OUR players that he is willing to foget who his 'allegiences' lie with and put a smile on the face of someone who like him

A single tear rolls down my cheek

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.