Adebayor on the bench?

Immaculate Pasta said:
Halfpenny said:
I don't know, we have been missing a target man in recent games. They've been pinging balls over to Bellamy or Tevez who simply can't reach it and we give it away. And it's not as if Ade isn't a proven goalscorer himself, being our top scorer so far.

But Bellamy and Tevez are the inform strikers, you don't not play inform strikers, don't you understand football at all?

Erm, I think you'll find that 4 in 4 makes Ade the in form striker......

This is obviously in response to the 'I miss Robinho' post, but you dont make a very good argument with those examples.

When it comes down to it we all have our opinions, but really they dont matter cos Hughes will play whoever he see's fit and I dont really care as long as the team play well and we win !

zandvoort blue said:
Adebayor will not feature due to being banned

FA set the standards after Gary Ne(vile) got a warning. But think Ade will get a fine and a warning.

I don't think Petrov is the person to drop for Ade. Petrov is the best in our squad at putting a ball into the box. With a big un up front like Ade, we could score goals for fun. And if Ade doesn't feel like it i'm sure Dunnie will nod a few in for us. Drop SWP (who incidentally couldn't cross a t) and have one of Bellamy or Tevez on the right. Would have thought Bellamy is the better option.

Hughes has already stated that he doesnt like to put too much pressure on Bellamy with his past injury probs so maybe he'll get a rest in the next game anyway after working so hard in the past few games ???

deffo ade has to start i know petrov and bellamy have been amazing but adebayor is just unstoppable(sp? haha) world class he is

Rammy Blue said:
Immaculate Pasta said:
Seeing as alot of people like to pick the team on current form where does Adebayor fit into next Monday as surely he can't replace the on fire Tevez and Bellamy? Does he go on the bench? Does he shove Bellamy to the left? but then you can't dislodge Petrov as he is on fire aswell.

What will happen?

come on fella, Ade is one of first names on teamsheet when fit and available.

Petrov to bench, Bellers out on left.

This.

And de Jong will keep his place alongside Barry, as will Zabaleta at RB.

A bench of Taylor, Richards, Ireland, RSC, Petrov and Weiss is pretty fantastic... With Kompany, Ned and Robi to add in and I reckon you could argue that we have THE best squad in the Prem. Happy days!

Immaculate Pasta said:
Seeing as alot of people like to pick the team on current form where does Adebayor fit into next Monday as surely he can't replace the on fire Tevez and Bellamy? Does he go on the bench? Does he shove Bellamy to the left? but then you can't dislodge Petrov as he is on fire aswell.

What will happen?

i know bellers has been great, and if he was less prone to injures, especially in the knees, perhaps i wouldnt be saying this, he could perhaps have a rest and play ade with tevez with petrov and swp wide mids

1.618034 said:
Rammy Blue said:
come on fella, Ade is one of first names on teamsheet when fit and available.

Petrov to bench, Bellers out on left.

This.

And de Jong will keep his place alongside Barry, as will Zabaleta at RB.

A bench of Taylor, Richards, Ireland, RSC, Petrov and Weiss is pretty fantastic... With Kompany, Ned and Robi to add in and I reckon you could argue that we have THE best squad in the Prem. Happy days!

yes indeedy oh happy days

markbmcfc said:
You have to play Ade, especially away, as he will be able to hold the ball up and relieve some pressure, which we have missed the past 3 games.

I would drop SWP, drop bellers to the right, petrov on the left and Tevez behind Ade.

totally agree pal its not bad when you can have swp santa cruz johnson ireland weiss richards and taylor as your subs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.