Adebayor to start against Arsenal?

We will need to battle, and if it's a choice between Ade and Tevez, it would have to be Tevez to start with.

I don't know if Kolarov is going to fit, but if he is, I'd go with the 4-3-1-2 below.

Yaya - - - De Jong - - - Barry
- - - - - - - Silva - - - - - - -
- - - Tevez - -- - Adebayor -

If Kolarov isn't fit, I'd put Lescott or Zaba left back - please not Bridge!! Might as well give them a 3-0 lead to begin with.

If we have a strong back line of Boa-Boyata/Kolo-Kompany-Lescott, then I'd be comfortable putting in just De Jong and Barry/Yaya as holding players.

Ahead of them, Johnson-Silva-Milner with Tevez up front.

So, if we have Kolarov, I'd put Ade in for the extra crosses he can get on the end of. If we don't have Kolarov, then we just don't have the crosses available along with defensive strength to be able to play Ade.

True Gooner said:
First of all I would like to apologize for my antics last week, I promised Ric I would behave and thats what I Intend to do.

I watched the city game against Poznan. As an Arsenal fan I hope Adebayor plays, simply for the reason city are better when they play Tevez up front on his own. This was shown clearly when Silva replaced Ade at Bloomfield Road.

I was suprised at how comfortable Boyata looked, he had an excellent game against chelsea aswell I recall. If Kolo is out I think you have an able replacement. Patrick Vieira impressed me composed on the ball. David Silva, he is like Cesc and Xavi and Iniesta and all the little spanish maestros. Twist and turn and leave you on your backside and have extraordinary vision and technique. Andy Johnson looked good. De Jong looks like his usual self.

Arsenals weak points:

Fabianski, however he is the most confident he has ever been in an Arsenal shirt at the moment, still wont stop him from doing a howler.
Djorou- Worst defender at our club, only has pace nothing else.
Squillaci- no pace.
Clichy- Major major liability.
Song- has an advanced role this season major mistake from wenger, he goes TOO advanced up the pitch.
Arshavin- His work rate worries me.

I hope Lescott, Barry and Adebayor play. Andy Johnson against clichy WORRIES me, clichy is a poor defender. Djorou v tevez likewise hope koscielnys fit. Sagna is back HUGE boost. I reckon Cesc will have the beating of yaya, not sure about NDJ though. Hope diaby can keep him on his toes.

We will line up- Fabianski,sagna,squillaci,djorou,clichy,song,diaby,fabregas,arshavin,chamakh,nasri. Expect rosicky, walcott and bendnter to come off the bench. Prediction 2-1 either way.

Don't worry I have a feeling he will be playing for Fulham

I can't believe some of you don't think de Jong should start! He will probably be our most important player and i'm sure he will have another immense game like he has done against chelsea the last two times we have played them! We need Nige getting close to fabregas and stopping him playing and if he can i fancy us nicking it!

ThreeTeamSupporter said:
Should be the same front 6 that played against Chelsea. I'm confident.

(Adebayor on the bench - could be dangerous in the last 20 now he's got a few goals under his belt.)

i agree<br /><br />-- Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:10 pm --<br /><br />
Citizenblue21 said:
I can't believe some of you don't think de Jong should start! He will probably be our most important player and i'm sure he will have another immense game like he has done against chelsea the last two times we have played them! We need Nige getting close to fabregas and stopping him playing and if he can i fancy us nicking it!

he is gonna make fabregas look like a field mouse

Ade to start? Well there's no doubt he'd be well up for it, but against the top teams Bobby simply will not divert from the 4-3-3.
Perm any 4 from about 7/8 for defence.
Barry, NDJ, Yaya, Milner, Silva & Tevez.
Bench options AJ, Balotelli, Ade.
Gives me goosebumps just thinking about it!!!

-------------------Hart---------------
Richards--Boateng-----Kompany--Zabaleta
--------Milner----Ya Ya----Barry---------
-----------------Tevez----------Silva-
-------------------Ade-----------------

DeJong misses out, because I still think the refs are after him - Arsenal are diving cheats and Mark Clattenburg can be a bit card happy

MadchesterCity said:
-------------------Hart---------------
Richards--Boateng-----Kompany--Zabaleta
--------Milner----Ya Ya----Barry---------
-----------------Tevez----------Silva-
-------------------Ade-----------------

DeJong misses out, because I still think the refs are after him - Arsenal are diving cheats and Mark Clattenburg can be a bit card happy

100%

Ade will batter Arsenal centre back pairing in the air.

Gotta play Nige or he will loose his bite and that will finish him. Also gotta play Ade upfront afterall Arsenal is his game and he was fantastic last night!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.